Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darkone8752
x3tc

Post by Darkone8752 » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 20:40

Airship wrote:
Also, a couple of missiles are just what you need to kill them before they jump away, check how much hull and shields they have and select a missile accordingly. Just make sure to approach them from a side that doesnt have turret coverage.
All the missiles I've tried so far that aren't labeled as station killers seem to have quite low damage - am I supposed to launch a bunch of them at once?
There are plenty of ~100-200k damage missiles.

Keep in mind, these ships have a LOT more shields than hull! A missile that would scratch their shields for ~20% can take out their entire hull in one hit.

Voidwolf
x4

Post by Voidwolf » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 21:52

I was thinking of getting two or three Dragon M6s to send after Nova freighters if I encounter them in my travels or in the universe map.

Does anyone else have any specially designated freighter hunters?
If so, which ships do you choose and how do you arm them?

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:15

Airship wrote:
Early game they are expensive. Later game, not so much. You need to experiment. swarm missiles are harder to shoot down. Faster missiles are harder to shoot down. You need to pick the right missiles. Just experiment.
So every missile is useful in some way? That's kind of disappointing - was hoping I could have a bread and butter type thing.

Once you find the missiles you like you will have a bread and butter missle. Peronally I like the wasm and silkworm. A single wasp almost garntees a kill on a m5, and 2 will kill a m4 and they also make good cover for more expensive missiles. Truth be told in my current game I am just throwing 10 wasps at a LX and then sitting back and watching the fireworks show... works pretty well! Silkworms are actually my go to missile for m3s though you have to be pretty close for them not to be shot down, unless you throw in a wasp swarm to provide them with some cover. But just so the great lord doesn't smite me...
litcube wrote:Please love the windstalkers they need your love
Look at the hull values. 100% hull value, and the ship is over priced. 60% and they are giving it away....
Neat, I'll remember that. So what is the threshold for when I should buy a ship? Is 90% still overpriced?
Really it depends on the ship and what you need it for. However until you get an idea of what every ship in the game is worth (which you will eventually) 75% seems to be the break even though that is not always the case.

edit:formating
Last edited by kaistern on Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Voidwolf
x4

Post by Voidwolf » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:21

kaistern wrote:*snip* Once you find the missiles you like you will have a bread and buter missle. Peronall I like the wasm and silkworm. A single wasp almost garntees a kill on a m5, and *snip*
I like the silkworm as well. I use it for M3 fighters and on TS vessels. The latter are usually large and lacking in turret coverage.
Going larger I like the Banshee for M6s, although the dumbfire Tornado (that's the rapid fire stream one right?) is very fun.
Strip the shields off of an M6 and plant a banshee in it's engines and usually it'll either finish them off or leave very little work left to do.
I still haven't settled on a torpedo for large vessels, I generally avoid tangling with them if possible.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:22

Voidwolf wrote:
kaistern wrote:*snip* Once you find the missiles you like you will have a bread and buter missle. Peronall I like the wasm and silkworm. A single wasp almost garntees a kill on a m5, and *snip*
I like the silkworm as well. I use it for M3 fighters and on TS vessels. The latter are usually large and lacking in turret coverage.
Going larger I like the Banshee for M6s, although the dumbfire Tornado (that's the rapid fire stream one right?) is very fun.
Strip the shields off of an M6 and plant a banshee in it's engines and usually it'll either finish them off or leave very little work left to do.
I still haven't settled on a torpedo for large vessels, I generally avoid tangling with them if possible.
I don't use missiles hardly versus big ships... I enjoy capturing them to much
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Voidwolf
x4

Post by Voidwolf » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:30

kaistern wrote:*snip*

I don't use missiles hardly versus big ships... I enjoy capturing them to much
I only stick missiles in them if Sector Security is around or if I'm out of boarding pods.
For Phanon on the otherhand...

I love them really. I just like to play hard to get.
And when I left a whole contingent of their marines stranded in the middle of Unknown Sector Delta?
We both knew I wasn't serious. Though I couldn't find them after the Xenon passed through...

aaron274
x3ap

Post by aaron274 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 02:06

Would it be possible by chance to get a track listing from the original music that came with the beta version? I know it cannot be downloaded but I would love to see what it contained. :)

ion_cannon_1
xr

Re: MLCC dock choice

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 05:44

OneOfMany wrote:Well after 6 ish in game days I feel it's about time to see what this MLCC is all about and set up my first dock with it running the show.

I'm ok with setting things up, but choosing the dock is less straight forward. From the info available I have gathered that any dock, from any race, can install the MLCC software.

If that is a given, what advantages are there to buying the 78 Mil McCallum dock over the 48 mil Boron dock?

The Boron dock has unlimited M6, TS, TP & fighter docking and also boasts 2 capital class berths.

Am I missing something here?
I'm curious about this too, nobody answered this when it was asked several pages ago.

TrgtMobius
x4

Post by TrgtMobius » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 06:52

Voidwolf wrote:I was thinking of getting two or three Dragon M6s to send after Nova freighters if I encounter them in my travels or in the universe map.

I use my Q. 8x Ion Cannons vaporizes every freighter I've run into so far, but I haven't tried it on the SuperDuper freighters with corvette class shielding yet. Maximizing that first hit minimizes the chance they jump. I always personally fly it otherwise the turrets start plinking away before the Ion Cannons let loose and it jumps away. But finding that ship was a huge stroke of luck.

I should experiment with capturing them. I haven't tried boarding at all yet in LU. Now that I have some sort of small economic base I should try it.

Boarding pods aren't an option for me yet, M7M's are still a bit too expensive. Is the process still eliminate shielding, fly near by, and drop the marines?
Litcube's Universe - you should try what is essentially X3.5.

[ external image ]

TrgtMobius
x4

Post by TrgtMobius » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 07:04

Autopilot issues.

I am having autopilot issues. And I'm not talking about it performing poorly as in vanilla, it is failing.

* Player ship rarely (1 time out of 40, maybe?) can use autopilot at all. I'll hit Shift D or Shift A to go to a station, and Betty says "Autopilot off."

* My TL's sometimes do weird things In-Sector - like driving off at max speed. Jumping out of sector and giving them a command restores their sanity.

* Upon exiting the Player Ship, sometimes the Player ship drives off at max speed and will not respond to navigation commands. Jumping out of sector (by having another ship come to you) and giving a command to the original player ship restores its sanity.

This is how this game installation was created:

Export from previous installation using latest EI.
Steam --> remove content X3:AP
Steam --> remove content X3:TC
removed SteamApps/common/x3 terran conflict directory
Steam --> download X3:AP
copy to new directory. Installed x3apn.
Installed LU 1.4
Patched to 1.4.7
Installed latest EI.
New game --> Damyath Import.
No other mods.

I did the whole process a couple of days ago because I noticed there was a Plugin Manager directory still in my game files directory, even though I had done a Steam->remove local content and then re-installed. As a young X3 padawan I did all the mods in the steam directory. Now I know better. Quantum Jumpgate Extension and Station Agent were not available for purchase in that universe so something was left over and borking things.

So does anyone else have similar autopilot issues or is this my install somehow? I have a feeling it's my install but I can't see where I went wrong with the process to ensure it was a clean install.

Edit: is it possible Steam is giving me the bonus pack against my will? I can't see where to uncheck it if such an option exists. I see the DLC download option, and I haven't used it. I believe my original Bonus Pack installation was manually installed and I don't think I've ever used Steam to install it.
Last edited by TrgtMobius on Wed, 26. Nov 14, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

[ external image ]

ion_cannon_1
xr

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 07:17

Okay I did not mention this before but:

Early in the game I stumbled on a abandoned TM. Not really caring for the ship I decided to sell it, but when I did the price of the ship for selling was over 30 million!

I thought for a while there was just this one ship where the price had an extra zero by accident. But I finally look at the ship compendium and none of the ships have over 4 million in cost or so.

So now I just got to wonder... what was in that ships freight bay that was worth so much money?

TrgtMobius
x4

Post by TrgtMobius » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 07:33

Probably the Remote System Command (or whatever the exact name is) software. It allows you to claim ships without leaving your own, up to 4-5km or so. It's something like 26M purchased.

Always check ship manifests carefully! I found it on a pirate kea.

[ external image ]

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 07:33

TrgtMobius wrote:Autopilot issues... SNIP ...
Your game is screwed. Somewhere a long the way something went very wrong. Try again from the very beginning :-(
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 07:37

TrgtMobius wrote:
Voidwolf wrote:I was thinking of getting two or three Dragon M6s to send after Nova freighters if I encounter them in my travels or in the universe map.

I use my Q. 8x Ion Cannons vaporizes every freighter I've run into so far, but I haven't tried it on the SuperDuper freighters with corvette class shielding yet. Maximizing that first hit minimizes the chance they jump. I always personally fly it otherwise the turrets start plinking away before the Ion Cannons let loose and it jumps away. But finding that ship was a huge stroke of luck.
Personally I just ram them with a corvette. Works like a charm.
I should experiment with capturing them. I haven't tried boarding at all yet in LU. Now that I have some sort of small economic base I should try it.

Just for the record you can't board TMs
Boarding pods aren't an option for me yet, M7M's are still a bit too expensive. Is the process still eliminate shielding, fly near by, and drop the marines?
Yes it is. Also you may want to keep an eye out for corvettes that can equip boarding pods. The Phantom is my favorite ship in the game by far because of it (and all of it's other stats)
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

OneOfMany
x4

Re: MLCC dock choice

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 13:49

ion_cannon_1 wrote:
OneOfMany wrote:Well after 6 ish in game days I feel it's about time to see what this MLCC is all about and set up my first dock with it running the show.

I'm ok with setting things up, but choosing the dock is less straight forward. From the info available I have gathered that any dock, from any race, can install the MLCC software.

If that is a given, what advantages are there to buying the 78 Mil McCallum dock over the 48 mil Boron dock?

The Boron dock has unlimited M6, TS, TP & fighter docking and also boasts 2 capital class berths.

Am I missing something here?
I'm curious about this too, nobody answered this when it was asked several pages ago.
It was probably missed as the thread was quite busy that day, and as it was not a bug report and only a question, it may get answered eventually.

In the end I went for the Boron dock because of the reasons stated.

As for fighter only docks I use a Teladi trading station, it can hold unlimited fighters and has separate entry and exit ports, so no nasty bumps or collisions when in sector reloading the fleet.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 14:24

BTW, the Rainmeter skin should be updated to reflect the change in the FLC formula.

(Still waiting for a skin that display info on the missile in the tube :P )
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

TrgtMobius
x4

Post by TrgtMobius » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 15:45

Well hot damn I just bought a Phantom and didn't even notice it could fire pods. Yarrr, me hearties! Marines away!

I may try another EI reload from scratch when I get back from our Thanksgiving trip to Hawaii, if no one has any ideas about my autopilot.

[ external image ]

Darkone8752
x3tc

Post by Darkone8752 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 16:35

TrgtMobius wrote:Well hot damn I just bought a Phantom and didn't even notice it could fire pods. Yarrr, me hearties! Marines away!

I may try another EI reload from scratch when I get back from our Thanksgiving trip to Hawaii, if no one has any ideas about my autopilot.
Sorry.

All I can say is to delete the directory, do another clean install from steam, maybe manually poke around and see if something is out of place, then redownload your LU files. All I can think is either, as you said , something is coming with steam for no reason, or your installer is corrupted.

Make sure to run the install as admin, and make sure you have write access to your game folder, also!

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 18:37

Lord Kellmar wrote:BTW, the Rainmeter skin should be updated to reflect the change in the FLC formula.

(Still waiting for a skin that display info on the missile in the tube :P )
I wish I knew how to make these, because I would love one that displays the sector map on another monitor. But really i know nothing about these :D
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

ion_cannon_1
xr

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 21:23

I have a suggestion for a feature that came to me just because I misunderstood the description of something:

I though that the Remote System Control Software, when installed on a ship, allowed you to temporarily take full control of that ship and see things as if you were in that ship and control it manually. and if that ship were to be destroyed you would switch back to seeing things in your personal ship.

I was so excited to try this out until I realized that I just read everything wrong XD

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”