Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tstivers
x4

Post by tstivers » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 12:34

I had played LU a long while ago, and had the same problem. I managed to figure out how to fix it before, so I'm sure I'll be able to fix it again. But I wanted to let the dev know that upon doing an install, following all the instructions to the letter, the LU added game starts don't get installed to the game. It's just the normal game starts that come with X3:AP. I'm using the GOG Terran War Pack edition of the game, on a completely fresh install. I hadn't even played the game on this install of Windows prior to installing LU, because what good is X3:AP without LU? :P

tstivers
x4

Post by tstivers » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 12:58

I've found the solution to my problem. It seems the instructions on the clean install page (http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eanInstall) are wrong. They say to delete the file addon/t/gamestarts.pck which wasn't present on my install. I checked out addon/types/ and there is a gamestarts.pck file present in that folder. I renamed it to gamestarts.pck.bak and the LU game starts appeared afterwards. I would update the wiki, but it appears that editing the wiki isn't available for random people.

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 13:22

Hello! I signed up specifically to post this. :V

Came across this mod today and am pretty excited to play it to spruce up X3.
Unfortunately, your wiki download links are doing some odd stuff for me.
I start the download and ~60MB will be downloaded before it freezes for a while and then "Completes" the download (Though the file is only 60MB of data).

I would appreciate mirror links for the downloads if you could! Thanks.

((I think my ISP is being pretty dodgy, probably not on your side of things))

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 15:29

Sirrobert wrote:I don't think there are any satellites for sale in Terran space
You can buy them at the Earth Torus

cimi123
x3ap

Post by cimi123 » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 16:44

My only issue with LU:
The GUI.

After patch 3.1 the default GUI runs MUCH, and i mean MUCH better than the LU one.

I tried to uninstall the game, delete all files in the steam & documents folders to get rid of the LU gui but with no success.

I reinstalled the game at least 3 times, each time i left the GUI box unchecked when installing LU, but for some reason every single time i start a game the LU gui is still there.

I don't know what sorcery egosoft did to make the game run so smooth on AMD hardware in patch 3.1 but it runs much better than LU.

This is not a hate post or anything like that, LU ran better than 3.0, but now with 3.1 released LU gui runs much worse than vanilla.

Perhaps i'm just a morron (huge chance) and i don't know how to install LU without having the GUI. Perhaps the GUI files are stored somewhere else and i failed to delete them.

doctorfrog

Post by doctorfrog » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 21:23

Can someone with the GOG version of X3:TW run an MD5 check on their X3AP.exe/X3AP_n.exe? Here's mine: B2C3FAFC9DE750F47C0DFD970C51BC11

(If you don't know what MD5 is, see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5 | http://onlinemd5.com/)

Reason why I ask is that I've carefully reinstalled the latest GOG version of the game (3.2D, a recent update I believe), and just as carefully installed LU. I get the following error when trying to run LU: "Version Warning: Incorrect version of EXE file detected..."

So, if the MD5 LU is seeking is something different, I'll know the GOG version of the file is unexpected. If your MD5 is the same as mine, well, it's a mystery to me what to do next (reinstall probably, but it's hard to screw up "copy and rename this one file).

This may be unrelated, but I notice when trying to install EMS, the Quartz GUI is not available as a selection. So I had to go back to the GUI installer, pick another GUI, and resume installation of EMS.

Thanks!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 21:54

doctorfrog wrote:Can someone with the GOG version of X3:TW run an MD5 check on their X3AP.exe/X3AP_n.exe? Here's mine: B2C3FAFC9DE750F47C0DFD970C51BC11
That's the MD5 hash of Egosoft's official no-steam exe which you can download from Egosoft's main page. I'm also using this (on my steam version of X3:AP) and I also get the same message on every game start "Version Warning, Incorrect version of EXE file detected...". This message is safe to ignore.

doctorfrog

Post by doctorfrog » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 23:36

Thank you! I did a search for variations of that dialog text and came up empty, so I was a bit worried.

liam92
x3tc

Post by liam92 » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 03:17

It's a shame the fighters are so fragile. The Verdandi is great fun to fly but if you try using it to fight in a battle and the enemies focus fire on you, you're dead. :( I will try and have a few wings of them, though, when this headquarters gets off the ground...

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 09:39

Can someone tell me where to get the System Override Software for using the Plutarch Tractor System? According to the Encyclopedia, it's the only thing I'm missing to use the PTS, and I can't find the SOS anywhere in space. :(

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 10:20

Edna wrote:Can someone tell me where to get the System Override Software for using the Plutarch Tractor System? According to the Encyclopedia, it's the only thing I'm missing to use the PTS, and I can't find the SOS anywhere in space. :(
It's called "Remote Sytem Control Software" in LU. But for Plutarch Tractor System you only need a TL, a Jumpdrive and a Plutarch Tractor System according to Encyclopedia, plus it cannot be on the ship you're flying.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 13:40

[ external image ]

To use the thing, I need the SOS, or RSCS, but that doesn't anwer my question. Where to get that? I have everything else, as I said. Even the ressources. :)

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 13:57

Edna wrote: To use the thing, I need the SOS, or RSCS, but that doesn't anwer my question. Where to get that? I have everything else)
iirc the SOS is not for sale anywhere in the universe and its not required for the tractor system.
On my install the requirements are TL, jumpdrive and the tractor system.
Not sure why its showing as its needed maybe you have mods/scripts that conflict
Have you tried using it without the SOS?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 14:06

You don't need any other software with Plutarch Tractor Beam.
SOS doesn't exist in LU.

If you can't use it like this, something is wrong with your game
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 14:07

[ external image ]
Like I said, no SOS. You probably have some mods conflicting.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 14:09

The PTS is not appearing. Is it itself an upgrade to buy somewhere? I have a TL, I have the ressources, but nothing appears. And that's the only thing not appearing. The game should be okay. I seem to just miss something.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 14:13

Ninja'd

But I followed the installation as Litcube wrote. :(

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 14:23

Edna wrote:Ninja'd

But I followed the installation as Litcube wrote. :(
No you did not, properly at least. SOS is non existant in LU. You should double check if you've followed instructions to the letter. As you can see all of us get same requirements for tractor system, but not you. Problem is on your end somewhere.

Kraven Kor
x3ap

Post by Kraven Kor » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 03:17

That might be my problem with the Station Agents, as I have System Override Software - or, at least, it is available to equip to my ships.

I'd pretty much given up on this again - just painfully unfun to constantly see my SA's fly off to their certain doom in Hatikvah's Fate or the like :D
"The will to be stupid is a very powerful force." - Miles Vorkosigan

Rhjamiz
x4

Post by Rhjamiz » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 14:35

Ran into a strange bug;

Had a paranid trader of some kind camping out in one of my Space Weed Saturn Complexes, and no matter what I did, he would not leave and as such I could not auction off the complex.

I tried, boosting the supply of Space Weed, in case he was waiting for a certain amount; nope.

I tried forcing him to undock via the command; nope.

He just sat there, permanently taking up a docking port and rendering the station unsaleable.
pur pur drows :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”