Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ltdan81
x3ap

Love the latest improvements :D

Post by ltdan81 » Mon, 2. May 16, 02:12

I'm back playing LU after a long break and I'm loving the latest changes in 1.6.2...
I'm really looking forward to the release of 1.7, I thought LU was awesome when it was new and I'm excited to see the project continuing and becoming the best game ever! :D

There is one very minor thing that I've seen unchanged that I "fix" for myself but perhaps others may like:

The OTAS McCallum and Starliner docks purchase prices seem to be logically backwards...

The McCallum dock can hold an infinate number of big ships and smaller, but so can the Boron EQ dock which only about 50 mil and you can also dock two huge ships, compared to the 80 mil of the McCallum with no huge ship docking.

For myself I've been switching these prices which makes a lot more sense to me... I've also started changing the model for the Starliner dock to the PHQ model, but that seems to knock the balance off a bit with the cost standing, I also feel that the original Starliner dock has its use which why I'm now thinking a third dock option would make this complete.

To summarize this is what I'm suggesting:

OTAS McCallum Equipment Dock $26 mil
OTAS Starliner Equipment Dock $78 mil
OTAS Logistics Equipment Dock $128 mil

The Logistics dock being the PHQ model (note that this is just the model with the 9 capital ships docks and infinate internal docks but none of the PHQ functions)

I've put some thought into adjusting all the trading and EQ dock prices and rep requirments based on docks/functionality but it's a lot of effort for just myself, if this is something that other people would be interested in, then I would make a mini mod that could be incorporated into LU.

I.E. Paranid trading dock can only dock 5 ships, so why should the rep requirements be the same as argon or teladi which can dock infinate fighters?
Also there is currently a very small price difference between these docks (maybe a mill or two) ... I think the paranid dock should be more like 10 mil.

This alternate dock pricing structure makes some docks available earlier in the game as well as adding reasons to use the 'less function' docks in the game. As it is now why would you buy a Paranid trading dock or a Split EQ dock when you could buy an Argon trading dock or a Boron EQ dock for nearly the same money?

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 2. May 16, 13:32

Changing the game for your own personal needs is fine, the bigger changes you make the more complicated it can be.

As this is Litcube's Universe, and he tends to be an Argonite/Argonian, you have to play nice with the Argons in order to get access to the Mccallum stuff and the PHQ. Once you've done that you can pretty much do what ever you want.

I've pointed out, on more than one occasion, the benefits of having a Boron EQD over the Mccallum stuff, but that just means you have to play nice with the Boron as well.

I play with a few LU mods and scripts in my games, but as each iteration comes out I need less and less as they are swallowed up, Borg like, and added to the collective as a whole.

You may find the 1.7.0 makes some of the changes you are looking for.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 2. May 16, 18:25

OK hello to all here.

This is the first time I'm taking a look at this mod and from the features and changes page alone, it seem fracking overwhelming!

So many things changed or added.

Can anyone explain to me (doesn't have to be a huge wall of text) what the differences are between this XRM and vanilla are that I need to note.

Like is the mission system the same as before? Are there multiple starts available? If I just do my own thing, will the universe eventually be taken over by bad guys and smother me?

Also, is the mod currently out of beta? Or do I need to bear things in mind when playing it? re there working cockpit mods for it?

Thanks to anyone who can help or point me to where these things have been addressed. Over 700+ pages to wade through here...
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 2. May 16, 19:28

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Features

First place to start is there.

As for differences, this is a much more macro based mod, so looking to build an Empire and this is the mod, less fast pew pew, but there can be just as much combat if your desire is combat. Keeping Phanon under control and building to defeat the OCV are really two very very tough tasks.

XRM is more about the player being the main focus, with LU you'll be thinking about some other things as well.

The main thing about LU is the story is the rise of you and your corporation (if you use memeics little mod) and I would recommend the additional starts mod too. That adds most of the original ones in there as well as a couple of others.

I'd definitely give it a run without anything else to begin with and familiarise yourself with the additions and changes. Most of the mundane tasks for empire running have been smoothed out and a lot of time consuming tasks automated or added to a single keypress.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Mon, 2. May 16, 19:30

Hi guys, just curious if anyone remembers this long lost son of a LU?

its been a while (>1 y!!!)
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 2. May 16, 19:40

kaistern wrote:Hi guys, just curious if anyone remembers this long lost son of a LU?

its been a while (>1 y!!!)
*raise paw*

Still waiting for you to finish your DiDs. :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 2. May 16, 19:41

Hi Kaistern,

your last post states December 14 so yes it has been a while :) Have you been away completely, aka cold turkey, or have you been lurking :)

I remember when your DiD first appeared and thinking this guy's in for a pasting :)

Welcome back.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Mon, 2. May 16, 23:26

cold turkey lol life did that thing life does where it just up and messes with you

gosh I dont even have my old saves anymore, ive been through a couple crap tops since then but... I got a new alienware desktop and found my self wondering what i was missing

(I used to play on a (now 4 year old) $200 crap top. Barely managed to play on min settings, actually Lit's optimizations were the only thing that made the game playable really

On the other hand now i can start from scratch! I didnt even know that people really were that intrested in my DiDs lol Ill have to make a new one
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Mon, 2. May 16, 23:34

So have there been any MAJOR changes since 1.4.3?
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 2. May 16, 23:41

X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 3. May 16, 01:21

welcome back to the addiction. :lol:

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 3. May 16, 05:22

I think my game is broken.

The OCV seemed to be stagnant and not really progressing, I thought it was working because they did take a few sectors but after many many hours of playing ive seen them make no progress.

I decided to take a look for myself to see their zones and this is what i find in Cerberus Alpha

http://screencast.com/t/Lx74ANlPsSB

There must be several hundred ships parked around their Dock and the frame rate drops to like 2 FPS.

Here is my save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5nw8d82p93onlf/X01.sav?dl=0

I have many hundreds of hours in this game and i think there should be a lot more progress from them at this point.

If there is a way to fix this game that would be awesome, im not sure i have it in me right now to start another from scratch.

[/img]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. May 16, 05:26

What mods do you have installed, and why do I have to keep asking?

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 3. May 16, 06:38

Litcube wrote:What mods do you have installed, and why do I have to keep asking?
Im sorry i was not aware to send the plugins, my mistake.

Just a few from the Litcube Approved Mod page

[2014-08-25] Cockpit Mod for Litcube's Universe by Shasslar
[2015-05-29] Ship Browser - In Game Ship Comparison Tool by zanzal
[2015-06-14] EasyConnect - Complex Connector by Joubarbe
[2015-06-11] Satellites Monitoring by Joubarbe

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. May 16, 06:42

Thanks worsin. I'll download and install these tomorrow and find out which of these mods is getting the axe. . As you likely noticed, you have mammoths everywhere.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 3. May 16, 06:44

Litcube wrote:Thanks worsin. I'll download and install these tomorrow and find out which of these mods is getting the axe. . As you likely noticed, you have mammoths everywhere.
Yeah apparently the OCV has bought out FedEx

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. May 16, 09:51

kaistern wrote:So have there been any MAJOR changes since 1.4.3?
1.6.0 was a big one :
* (-) Changed: Equipment docks will no longer buy wares not listed for sale (vanilla exploit)
amongst other important things. The upcoming 1.7.0 will be an other milestone IMO.... and it will make Mayhem work as it should :)

chippzanuff93
x3ap

Post by chippzanuff93 » Tue, 3. May 16, 10:56

Regarding my SEWN post 2 pages back when I was asking if LU has something similar. Someone recommended me a mod for satellites. But I actually found out that LU has one integrated. In the player console you can go to "Sector security complaints" and browse through the alerted sectors. Just pointing that out for any other noob like myself cuz I know I struggled.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 3. May 16, 18:06

* (1) Fixed: Betty stopped saying Saturn Complex Hub properly a few patches ago
Wow, now this may be THE most important change which brings me back to play X3 LU! Thank you! :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. May 16, 18:42

worsin wrote:
Litcube wrote:Thanks worsin. I'll download and install these tomorrow and find out which of these mods is getting the axe. . As you likely noticed, you have mammoths everywhere.
Yeah apparently the OCV has bought out FedEx
Did you at some point install Revelation+ and uninstall it?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”