X3 TC- Am I screwed? Need to deliver 200 units of something in Terran plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheCh0senOne-

X3 TC- Am I screwed? Need to deliver 200 units of something in Terran plot

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 06:11

I am switching back and forth between two games, my humble merchant start and Terran Defender start. In my Terran game I lost all of my ships either from those idiots crashing into things or from enemy attacks. I am only left with my original ship I started with and I have like 4k credits. I need to deliver 200 units of something(forgot what) and my ship doesn't come close to having that much cargo space. I cant advance the plot if I cant deliver those things. What should I do from here? I'd like to stick with this game or at least this plot because it's easier to get the Springblossom

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 06:15

Step away from the plot and rebuild. Before you complete the delivery, it would be a good idea to do the first mission of Operation Final Fury, aslo.

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 06:20

ancienthighway wrote:Step away from the plot and rebuild. Before you complete the delivery, it would be a good idea to do the first mission of Operation Final Fury, aslo.

Why do the first mission?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 06:51

In older versions of the game there was a bug that meant the entire sector you deliver the 200 items to was hostile if you hadn't completed that first OFF mission, which made things...interesting, shall we say. I believe that's been fixed now, though, so it's not a requirement anymore.

As for your problem, ancienthighway is correct--there's no time limit on this mission, so you can spend as long as you like building up your resources to get a ship which is capable of doing it.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 07:07

Good to know. I thought the sector being hostile was related to not being part of the OFF task force.

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 12:07

Ok I just got to the Terran plot with my humble merchant game. I am at the part where I need to kill that Teladi's partner. After I did that some other Teladis start shooting me. I kill them then the mission is to scan for smugglers then kill them but when I did that all Teladi turned hostile towards me. I tried to find the police and say it was an accident but can't find them. After that I got bad Teladi reputation and I couldnt buy the cargo I needed to advance the plot. Any suggestions?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 15:55

ancienthighway wrote:Good to know. I thought the sector being hostile was related to not being part of the OFF task force.
It is, but they've added an exception for when you fly into the sector on the "deliver 200" mission.

@TheCh0senOne-: if your Teladi rank has dropped too low to buy what you need you'll have to work on increasing it again. Do missions for Teladi you find on stations (they don't necessarily have to be in their sectors) and/or shoot Xenon ships in Teladi sectors. (Note that shooting pirates won't work because they and the Teladi have an "understanding"--you won't lose Teladi rep for shooting pirates, and they'll even pay you for doing it if you have a Teladi police licence, but they won't get any friendlier).

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 22:28

pjknibbs wrote:
ancienthighway wrote:Good to know. I thought the sector being hostile was related to not being part of the OFF task force.
It is, but they've added an exception for when you fly into the sector on the "deliver 200" mission.

@TheCh0senOne-: if your Teladi rank has dropped too low to buy what you need you'll have to work on increasing it again. Do missions for Teladi you find on stations (they don't necessarily have to be in their sectors) and/or shoot Xenon ships in Teladi sectors. (Note that shooting pirates won't work because they and the Teladi have an "understanding"--you won't lose Teladi rep for shooting pirates, and they'll even pay you for doing it if you have a Teladi police licence, but they won't get any friendlier).
Thanks. I finally figured out how I am supposed to do the mission right. I just needed to scan the ships that were red and also a few random Teladi ships disguised as pirates. What I did before was randomly scan every ship and that included Teladi military and police but now I passed the mission without lowering rep with the Teladi

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 14:08

If you'd possessed a Teladi police licence they'd have been happy to let you scan any ship you liked...helps enormously.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”