Someone correct me If I'm wrong (trading issues)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ezra-r
x4

Someone correct me If I'm wrong (trading issues)

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 11:33

First Thing.

I noticed there was a sell order in Li Arms at Distress Reek for 748 HIT/MA turrets.

I sent my trader there to pick 700 and it got stuck flying around going back and for, following me, going back to try the trade, but never did the trade so I had to cancel it completely.

When I went to check the storage containers in the fab and all I saw there were about 200 max.

Is this that I checked something wrong or that there can be sell orders for a sum of a product that is not really available, and why???

Second Thing:

Are we required to do constant back and forth and remember every place we have visited for wares we may need later on?

Trade list is always limited. Do I have means to check sell orders in a place I already visited or I have to go back there eventually?

Maybe I'm missing sattelites to drop them and provide constant info about trades so my trade list always keeps updated?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 11:53

I've seen the same, a trade that seems to disappear after I've taken it - i.e. I'm unable to make the delivery and cancelling the trade (as you have to do) often see said trade not re-appear in the trade list, suggesting it's been taken by an NPC maybe. Symptoms are that the trade ship visits the station, then reverts to "follow skunk" despite having NOT done the trade and the trade(s) still being listed under the Captains Detailed orders. A remove/join squad makes the ship try to trade again, but invariably this fails once again.

Trades are supposed to be "booked" the moment to accept them, so an NPC or another of your ships won't try to do the same trade. However, this is broken, and often doesn't work. I've been able myself to issue the SAME exact trade to several of my ships in turn, as the original is NOT removed from the trade list after the first ship takes it. Note: this is a trade whereby I either buy or sell the ENTIRE requirement, so it's not that I buy a partial load and ware are still up for sale, that's expected of coruse.

I use the new smalltalk option to get permanent trade offer updates from any and all stations that have something of value to me. So, fuel depots, places that sell food, as well as certain tech wares my stations use. Works pretty well.

Generally though, trading is still flaky at best and outright broken at worst. I posted a bug report some time back how my trade ships ALWAYS get stuck trying to offload wares to my CV's - this isn't the queue bug, it's a new one introduced fairly recently - they arrive at the CV then stop, never doing the final "strafe" manouever to actually get close. Remove/Join Squad wakes them up, as does a save/reload, so submitting a saved game shows nothing.
Scoob.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”