X3AP: blueprint before PHQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

X3AP: blueprint before PHQ

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 22:06

This has probably been mentioned, but my SearchFu is lacking:

X3TC threads clearly mention that certain plots could reward the player with rare blueprints, but only if the player already has PHQ. It seems that X3AP has similar plot rewards, but no clear reference on whether the same "have PHQ or lose profitsss" state exists.

So please, refresh our memory.

It must be noted that in each game the plots in question were added in later patch and thus the early players have had their PHQ's many times over by then.

PS. Kudos to the developers, who wrote:
Ingame message wrote:... breaking into the Company Vault using her brilliant mind and a sonic screwdriver ...
8)
Last edited by jlehtone on Tue, 18. Mar 14, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 00:10

As I recall, if you acquire plot-related blueprints before getting the PHQ, they'll appear automatically in the PHQ once you build it. Non-plot blueprint offers don't appear until after you build the PHQ.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 21:49

If you have blue prints all you have to do is dock at your PHQ they will be added to the list automatically.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 20:25

shaun bergin wrote:If you have blue prints all you have to do is dock at your PHQ they will be added to the list automatically.
That really sounds like a change from X3TC, where buying blueprints automagickally added it to PHQ without personal visit and where Balance of Power trophies have been said to yield blueprints only if you already had the PHQ fully operational.

I ended up playing safe and buying the Albatross and building the Station before the other plots get too far.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 21:27

In TC and AP, you weren't offered blueprints for sale until you'd built your PHQ.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”