x3 TC: Finished the terran campaign, now what??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

x3 TC: Finished the terran campaign, now what??

Post by Aven Valkyr » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 00:01

Well I never thought I would love this game as much as I do, but instead of doing what ppl recommended in all the tutorials and going argon merchant, I dove right into terran veteran and did the campaign. I would like to say, WOW, this game blew my mind!!!!! This game feels more like wing commander privateer on STEROIDS! I'm having sooo much fun with it I can't believe it. I bought this game a year ago and put 6 hours into it and now in the last 5 days I've put over 40 hours into it!!!!

So the question is, now what? I have amassed a small and very well fitted, powerful little fleet. I own a vidar, a thor, a cutlass, and a katana, all fully fitted with EMPC's. I want to build a station somewhere so I can park my ships but I don't know the first thing about station building. I also know there's other campaigns out there. Do I start taking over other ppls ships? I don't really know how to do that either :( Keep in mind that I have XRM installed. I don't have a ship that can launch boarding pods. The little boarding vessel they give you in the campaign is flimsy and battles usually happen so fast I end up annihilating opponents fast, and I'm not strong enough to start taking on the big boys. If someone could give me some advice that would be great. I bought X3 through steam and you are welcome to add me if you want to chat, my handle there is Aven666. Thanks for any input!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 00:34

Have you checked the FAQ and the Guides?

Some "other campaings" are rather long, so better start early.

Every mod is supposed to have its own support thread (in S&M Forum).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 00:41

well, XRM doesn't add or take away from any of the games actual content, it just tweaks the game a LOT and makes it more enjoyable to play. So the question I'm asking doesn't really relate to the mod itself, more so to the games actual content. Like, how do I go about building a station? Or would it be better to take on some of the other campaigns in the game? Where would be a good place to start? Or should I try capturing my first M2 or something. You know, basically where do I go from here. I only say to keep in mind that I have xrm installed because well, for example I started the terran campaign with a thor that was loaded to the max with full shields and 8x EMPC's. It was a deadly little bird. Also the game seems to be escalating now, when I do missions with my little fleet of 4, I seem to come up against a lot of xenon P and PX, and some Q's. Also seeing a lot more pirate corvettes and such. Is this a result of beating the terran campaign or is it more from having a fleet of better ships??

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 01:08

How do you build a station?

First, drop an Advanced Satellite in the sector you're interested in. Keep watch on the stock levels of your chosen product in that sector while you amass a few million credits doing whatever. Guage the demand for that product over a period of time. The satellite will also help you in station placement later.

Buy a pair of freighters (TS class ships). One to buy the resource (probably ecells for your first station), one to sell product. You buy the freighters first because it totally sucks to buy a station only to find you have no money left for the ships. When you've upgraded them as much as you want (make sure they have Trade Mk2 or CAG if you're using those), send them to the Trading Dock in your chosen sector.

Hire a TL (or buy your own when you're rich enough) near the Shipyard that has your chosen station. To do this, you get within 25km, press C for comms, talk to Captain, hire them. Then talk to them again and tell them to go to the Shipyard. Now get the hell out of the sector, because it takes ages for a TL to dock/undock when in sector, and there's a high risk they will die in the process if you're there to watch them. When you've bought your station, comm them to move to your chosen sector, then comm them to drop freight when they finally get there. Keep in mind you pay 1000ish credits for every gate crossed. Make sure you have plenty of spare money left over when buying a station.

When you drop the station, you're taken to the sector map to place it. Press K to enable the 3D model view on your map (needs the adv sat) so you can place it without colliding with anything. Use 4862 on the numpad to position, 7913 to rotate the station, 5 to position it directly on another object in the map's list (then move it away so it doesn't collide), and Insert to change between Y/Z plane view. Place stations above the ecliptic, and not directly on a trade lane (direct path between gates), to avoid collisions and pirates.

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 01:14

wow nice ok, thank you! I didn't realize you could hire freighters omg! that's so awesome!!!! I was looking at 25 mil to buy one! Now the question is, where do I go to get an advanced satellite, I've been looking for one for ages! All the docks that "sell" them are empty of them. I remember the first few hours I ever played as an argon I was able to buy one at a plant where they manufacture them. But there doesn't seem to be any of those anywhere near terran space! wtf hey???

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 01:17

Welcome to our universe.

Sorry it's a bit late for me at the moment,so I will check again on Sunday when I have more time and am more awake.
But feel free to ask any questions about these games.

It does not take long to pick up the basics, but even after years of playing, many of us still learn something new.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 03:00

Well you don't really need the adv sat for your first few stations (it's more useful when you start building complexes). But eventually you'll want to get in the habit of placing them in any sector you have an interest in. I think I usually buy them from Military Outposts.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 18:05

Was a bit busy...but anyways...

For parking ships..

M3 M4 M5 can all be parked with infinite parking space,afaik, in both Argon and Teladi Trading stations..

Equipment docks make good car-parks ,if placed in empty sectors

These you can buy and build.

iirc, the super shipyards have infinite parking for TS/TM ships, but not sure.
You can't build these,except through mods.

If modded, then there are many options open
Send me a PM if you wish for an EQ dock capable of docking more ships.
I asked for this in s/m.
I will have to search for it though.

here's link for a pic on Steam
Steam name LEON1200
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/48 ... 4EC4C094/

yes that was 12 cloned Albatrosses,each with HQ ready for delivery :-)

But if you are patient and want a Station for parking your Capitals, plus extra benefits from the station, there is one of the the Plots in the game that will reward you with such.
:D

capping and boarding other race ship's is a skillful art ,but can be expensive,especially when you need to train Marines in order to board the larger ship classes.

I have not played XRM, so I do not know all the variables.

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Sat, 22. Mar 14, 05:32

That's very helpful, thanks!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”