[Guide] X Rebirth Station Builder's Compendium

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pirke123
x4

Post by pirke123 » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 13:09

Playing version 2.20 but there doesn't seem to be a lack of food (yet?) in DV. I built about 9 stations so far but there's plenty of food without me building any food supply.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 21:40

Sector Bleak Pebble has everything you need to mine, Ion's, Plasma, Hydrogen, Ore, Silicon, Crystals and Nvidium.. Ice is the only resource it doesn't have, only Molten Archon has Ice.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 00:38

Useful tips.

I'm doing plot, just started the station build. And it's ok, you just saying, "you can build this factory to supply that factory here and there"...

BUT HOW CAN YOU GET THE MONEY for it? I mean, I didn't do boarding and selling "pirated" ships, nor doing megatons of missions. I'd like trading, but I have only a Rahanas, and about 200K credit, rest of my money at the Architect for building plot station.

So how could I start trading for good? I tried with energy cells and foods, but fast I got low demand on them. Also I hate that I always need to refresh the database of needs/demands. So can any of you show me where I can find answers how would I make money with trading in DeVries?
I see in all videos and description millions credit. But how?!?!

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 16:07

Spoiler
Show
If you're doing the plot and you're at the stage of building the station you should already have a Taranis that was given to you. Go to Darned Hot Air and sell it!
Also see my answer to your post in the stickied thread.
Cheers
Wysi :)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 16:23

I think you need to board and sell ships to get an income that makes station building profitable (time and resource wise).
Don't think current economy can present you with enough income.
1 Tara's price is not much compared to station building costs.

GolanTrevize
x4

Post by GolanTrevize » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 21:02

Pimpace wrote: Also I hate that I always need to refresh the database of needs/demands. So can any of you show me where I can find answers how would I make money with trading in DeVries?
You can engage in small talks with traders (any kind of trader, even recruiting officer, but only traders) for the reward of "trade updates". This has to be done once per station and they will never expire. After that you will recieve automatic updates + you should invest for a trade computer on the Skunk.

As for trading in DeVries, supply ice for the water prep plants and you will have opportunities opening for you.
Mission wise you can allways get cartel boss thingies and pick up some Balors or Succeluses, so you dont have to go pirating.

Btw, did anyone have problem with the station building at the very end? Finished all the stages, the station is fully operational, but the construction ship didn't disappear and the architect is still on board the ship no the station, thinkinng she is still building a station. Currently in state of "waiting for orders".

redwinds

Post by redwinds » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 17:45

hi,

Thank you again for this amazing guide.

wanted to add a few things that i found to i:

OL: (supply cant keep up with demand)
energy cells shortages and Reinforced Metal Plating shortages.

first station in OL should be a hardware shop, or something that builds RMP(see above)

second one is energy cells.

Thats it so far.
-Redwinds

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 17:55

GolanTrevize wrote:
Pimpace wrote: Also I hate that I always need to refresh the database of needs/demands. So can any of you show me where I can find answers how would I make money with trading in DeVries?
You can engage in small talks with traders (any kind of trader, even recruiting officer, but only traders) for the reward of "trade updates". This has to be done once per station and they will never expire. After that you will recieve automatic updates + you should invest for a trade computer on the Skunk.

As for trading in DeVries, supply ice for the water prep plants and you will have opportunities opening for you.
Mission wise you can allways get cartel boss thingies and pick up some Balors or Succeluses, so you dont have to go pirating.

Btw, did anyone have problem with the station building at the very end? Finished all the stages, the station is fully operational, but the construction ship didn't disappear and the architect is still on board the ship no the station, thinkinng she is still building a station. Currently in state of "waiting for orders".
The CV never goes away and the architect always stays on it.

GolanTrevize
x4

Post by GolanTrevize » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 00:54

That's too bad. :(

In Devries I saw HOA station building where the CV was part of the station and it really looked like as it was part of it. But I guess that was a strange positioning bug and a lucky coincidence with the textures then. 8)

Btw the description of the CV is missleading then. I hope the devs are planning to change this, none of the NPC stations have CVs around them (which is good).

RKov

Post by RKov » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 03:29

July 30th, I've installed all updates available through Steam, and I'm still encountering this same bug...

I've built 2 of 3 steel refinery upgrades on my station. I then order the 3rd and final one to be built. I provided all the resources. My Architect built the station to 100%. My 'My Property' menu shows that my station now has all 3 refineries completed, BUT, when i talk to my Architect, it shows that the 3rd refinery upgrade is now at 0% completion!? Even though its clearly there (i can see it!) and it is working (i.e. producing wares). Because my Architect thinks it is 0% complete, i cannot choose to build any other upgrades for my station; so it is effectively capped.

Funny thing is, if i contact the Architect, they produce a new (reduced) list of items that are apparently needed to build the 3rd upgrade. I've tried providing these additional resources, but it again builds to 100%, then reverts immediately to 0%.

Very frustrating.

Anyone encounter this and/or have a solution?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 03:44

RKov wrote:July 30th, I've installed all updates available through Steam, and I'm still encountering this same bug...

I've built 2 of 3 steel refinery upgrades on my station. I then order the 3rd and final one to be built. I provided all the resources. My Architect built the station to 100%. My 'My Property' menu shows that my station now has all 3 refineries completed, BUT, when i talk to my Architect, it shows that the 3rd refinery upgrade is now at 0% completion!? Even though its clearly there (i can see it!) and it is working (i.e. producing wares). Because my Architect thinks it is 0% complete, i cannot choose to build any other upgrades for my station; so it is effectively capped.

Funny thing is, if i contact the Architect, they produce a new (reduced) list of items that are apparently needed to build the 3rd upgrade. I've tried providing these additional resources, but it again builds to 100%, then reverts immediately to 0%.

Very frustrating.

Yes, this is a bug. What you can do is this. Fill up the cv with what it needs, the cycle will start. Leave the zone and go somewhere else. Come back to the same zone. Once it finishes you may have to fill up the cv again. Fill it up again. This time stay in the zone until it finishes, do not leave. It should work then but you may need to build it one more time (stay in the zone)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 03:45

GolanTrevize wrote:That's too bad. :(

In Devries I saw HOA station building where the CV was part of the station and it really looked like as it was part of it. But I guess that was a strange positioning bug and a lucky coincidence with the textures then. 8)

Btw the description of the CV is missleading then. I hope the devs are planning to change this, none of the NPC stations have CVs around them (which is good).
It may have originally intended to be that way, however, perhaps it was deemed impractical because I too have seen the station you talk about and it does look like it fits in perfectly.

None of the NPC stations have them because they do not need them. The engineer on board the station repairs all parts to 100% over time.

RKov

Post by RKov » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 14:23

BlackRain wrote:
RKov wrote:July 30th, I've installed all updates available through Steam, and I'm still encountering this same bug...

Very frustrating.

Yes, this is a bug. What you can do is this. Fill up the cv with what it needs, the cycle will start. Leave the zone and go somewhere else. Come back to the same zone. Once it finishes you may have to fill up the cv again. Fill it up again. This time stay in the zone until it finishes, do not leave. It should work then but you may need to build it one more time (stay in the zone)

Thanks for the tip. It worked. I'll try to stay in-sector from now on when building stations.

Dirk-Jan
x4

But what are the initial costs of a constructor vessel?

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 08:33

so what do you have to pay the ship merchant for a construction vessel?
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

scottykad

Re: But what are the initial costs of a constructor vessel?

Post by scottykad » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 22:08

Dirk-Jan wrote:so what do you have to pay the ship merchant for a construction vessel?
its only like 1.2 to 2 mil for the ship (without drones) then the matterial costs (wares for construction) unless you steal PMC ships from albion :p

LoftyLazerus
x4

Post by LoftyLazerus » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 00:28

OutStanding Info

small request, is there a list of the buildable station in order of TEIR?

just finished plot ,, new free play... I want to start with the stations that require mineable raw resource to produce something that go into higher teir stations

aka ore makes refined metal make reinforced metal plate t1,t2,t3 etc?

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 05:56

LoftyLazerus wrote:OutStanding Info

small request, is there a list of the buildable station in order of TEIR?

just finished plot ,, new free play... I want to start with the stations that require mineable raw resource to produce something that go into higher teir stations

aka ore makes refined metal make reinforced metal plate t1,t2,t3 etc?
Just spend some time at Roguey's site browsing stations-wares:
http://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/stations/

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 09:34

Such a terrible shame that Roguey and Egosoft got divorced.
Roguey needs to decide who he did his INVALUABLE site for ..was it for Roguey, was it for Egosoft or was it for the thousands of fans that found the site an absolute must as a source of information.... Even now after all the acrimony Roguey's site is still the most recommended for advice/information.
Roguey needs to recheck Rebirth and Ego needs to send him a box of chocolates...... They are both needed.

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 13:24

birdtable wrote:Such a terrible shame that Roguey and Egosoft got divorced.
Roguey needs to decide who he did his INVALUABLE site for ..was it for Roguey, was it for Egosoft or was it for the thousands of fans that found the site an absolute must as a source of information.... Even now after all the acrimony Roguey's site is still the most recommended for advice/information.
Roguey needs to recheck Rebirth and Ego needs to send him a box of chocolates...... They are both needed.
:thumb_up:

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 14:20

birdtable wrote:Such a terrible shame that Roguey and Egosoft got divorced.
You have to remember, as a person that is running a site on his own budget and developing it in his own spare time, you really have to love a game to do content on it. Roguey has has stated many times before that he does not play X:R any more since he didn't like the direction it took the series. Doing voluntary work on a game that you don't even play is never fun and he shouldn't be expected to do it. No amount of chocolates will convince him.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”