X3:AP Poisoned Paranid issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rockelino
x4

X3:AP Poisoned Paranid issue

Post by rockelino » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 06:47

I finished the initial mission to pay 25M, no mods whatsoever... I fly around in my Hyperion, and decided to rebuild my rep with the Paranids. I'm currently at race rank 7 or 8, with a Paranid police license. But still, some Paranid ships are red (some aren't), and I have to keep alling them up and apologize for friendly fire, even though I never fired on them. Some turn blue, some won't. Paranid setting is "friend". All Paranid stations are blue, but all laser towers are red. Happens in both core and border sectors... Is this a bug?

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 06:52

Try apologising to the capital ships in the sector.

For lasertowers, drop a satellite in sector, then leave sector and view it remotely. Should turn blue.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 15:19

Yup, as above.

Fly to all Paranid sectors and apologize to all the red ships you see. They may not appear red on the map but when you fly there personally may be red.

For red stations you will have to buy hacking missions to turn them blue.

For red laser towers you will have to hack the adjacent station blue, then drop a satellite within range of the tower and exit the sector then look at the map to turn it blue.

Also broadcast the friend setting to all your ships.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 20:36

He said all Paranid stations are already blue. Even if they weren't, hacking Commonwealth stations in AP is very expensive, typically several million credits each attempt, unlike TC where it was a few hundred thousand. But there's generally no need to hack them, since if your rep is high enough, they'll gradually all turn blue anyway, unless, of course, you or your other ships have attacked a particular red station.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rockelino
x4

Post by rockelino » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 00:40

You guys are all awesome, and all correct. It works now, and I don't longer see any RED Paranids.

THANKS!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”