[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 1. May 15, 00:35

Still not a functional upload with the Workshoptool... :( 375 MB size of the full version- still too much?
greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 10. May 15, 19:46

Hi Commodore, I just wanted to drop a line to thank you for your wonderful mod, I've used it for some months by now, even if I don't use all parts of it and I "merged" it with nebulas from Ico_HR (I liked his nebulas more than yours, but I liked your planets a lot more than his :D), to try to obtain something more akin to my tastes, I hope you don't mind if I made some "cuts" here and there :)...

It really gives "new life" to the universe, and I also used it to make the winning entry for the X Rebirth video competition :D...so, if the video ended out to be so nice to be the favourite one for the Egosoft guys, it's for a big part also thanks to your work! ;)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 15. May 15, 22:42

Yeah, I saw it :D :D :D :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: Congratiulations for winnig this competition- A wonderful Video and great Trailer for Rebirth!
I'm so thankful and thrilled that I can see parts of my Mod in the fantastic winnervideo, And I think ICO_hr will feel the same way- thank you for that. I'm glad that my mod makes your experience of Rebirth better!
And now I will see it again... and again... and again... :D
thankful greetings and applause for the WINNER, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 16. May 15, 13:43

Okay, I finally decided that I will make a pach especially for the players not using Re-Imagined- the BG tex are made primary for a player using Re-Imagined, the problem is thje colorisation and contrast in BGs like DeVries and Albion- I will try to get a more similar look for the original version without Re-Imagined...
greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Mon, 18. May 15, 22:42

Now that you mention it, yes I don't use Re-Imagined, this may very well be one of the reasons why the nebula in your "vanilla" mod (it's like I made a mod of a mod :D) seemed to be a little too strange in game...but still, planets are AWESOME, I could stare at the one in Albion for hours (and I do it indeed since I made my home in Far Out :)), and the giant in Omicron is as giant as a giant could be :D

I even liked a lot the "Interstellar" black hole in Maelstrom, I kept the original sector look only because the modded one seemed a bit too dull and grim for my taste (I really like sectors bathed in light, especially blue light! :P)

Still thank for your and every other modder's work ;)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 21. May 15, 00:46

Oh, yes, I can understand that :D
The point is that in the Encyclopedia-Description the system is at the center of the halmnan aurora- a giant and colorful planetary nebula, thousand times bigger than any other planetary nebula (you can see the halmnan aurora in Albion- made from a EGO Artwork that probably shows it) But to be closer at the grey of the original sector, I decided that the sphere around the system is grey- like, when you mix every paint-color, then you get a similar grey ;)
But of course, It is a very dark and dangerous layout (hmmm, you STILL orbiting a black hole, one of the most dangerous objects in universe- so it might be the correct layout for this system ;) :D )

I already reworked Albion for both- and I think its much better now (looks sharpened and in Vannila darker and more like the Re-Imagined one) The Background in OL is also a bit darker and less intense- but I still have problems with DV- the color of the BG and gasgiant is too intense in Vanilla, and I can't get it better... I will try to get the sun less colorful and a little bit brighter- it looks much better with Re-Imagined ;) I will try again...
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 21. May 15, 00:51

By the way, the way you mixed both mods shows me you know very well what you have to do... :) :thumb_up:
would be interesting to play your 'XR Nebula - Encyclopedia fusion mod' :D
greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Thu, 21. May 15, 22:17

You are overestimating me, I just went by trial and error, going through all kind of space weirdness (no nebulas, no stars, atmospheres without planets, completely black emptiness being the worst of them all :D) until I found the right combination of things to remove from your xml's, so that the related assets would be loaded from the nebulas mod instead of the Ency-mod...I'm a bit slow-minded when it comes down to code of any kind, I'm pretty sure that if you take a look at the modified xml, you'll find a lot of things out of place, lines I could have removed or lines that I shouldn't have removed at all :oops:

I really don't have an exact clue of what I've done, but somehow it's working, so I'm fine as long as it stays that way :D

I made a backup of the modified folder for my future reference, I can share it with you if you're interested in seeing how I horribly dissected your work :P ;)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 25. May 15, 00:04

:D thats ok, when I started to work on the first Version of Ency-XR it was the same- even with my enormous knowledge from X3 I was a complete rookie at XR and my first steps probably looked the same way :D

Ah, finally I solved all the problems with DV and completely reworked the BG to create a better look for the radioactive cloud in the background- and after a little modification at one of the sun-tex It looks much better in vanilla.
I will upload the patch for the players without Re-Imagined until next week... :)
greetings, MJ Fire

PS: some of the changes are at the material library (added a diffuseStr at planet_moon_a2 and added a sun entry)- and the cluster_d.xml (I changed the rgb-settings for the DeVries sun to get a better light)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 29. May 15, 21:32

Finally, 2.2 is online- have Fun!
@Aken_Bosh: Using the Re-Imagined Tex for Maelstrom at Vanilla makes the System much brighter- probably bright enough :D

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 13:20

I'll try it as soon I can! :D

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 14:06

When you do different things... :oops: so, after I missed the release for 3.60 (With this awesome new flight mode - drifting :) ) I will check, if Ency 2.2 is still compatible- I think so, but thinking is not enough... :D
greetings, MJ Fire
PS: did I hear a new Game coming? :o :o :o

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 18:04

Seeing this mod for the first time. If I wish to try this, is there a download link to a complete Version 2.2?

As I see it, I have to install v2.0, then update 2.0.1, then update 2.2. Is this correct?

Regards,
Thu

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 17:01

Yes :oops: but it is just a copy and paste- not difficult to do. Sorry for not uploading the 2.2 File completely... :oops: :oops: :oops: When the nex Update is needed, I will upload a Full Version of it.
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 15:34

I added a small patch for HOL (only needed for HOL user) to the start page, also, huge thanks to J. L. for uploading the mod to his servers! You find these new download-Links also on the start page- hope this will make it easier for the ones with download problems to get my mod... :wink:
greetings, MJ Fire

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 15:57

I really enjoyed this mod in the past, and I'll probably start using it again with the HoL update.

2 quick question:
-You recommand using re-imagined, which I never used. But I might just try it when I install your mod again. Since it's a mod that hasn't been updated in the past 2 years (according to the nexux page), is there any known issues with the 4.00 update?

-Do you know if this mod is compatible with Rubini's "Smaller sun for DeVries"? If not, do you know if there's a quick fix to make it so? (file swap, simple editing, stuff like that.) That huge sun is really getting on my nerves XD
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 17:41

Ezarkal wrote:I really enjoyed this mod in the past, and I'll probably start using it again with the HoL update.

2 quick question:
-You recommand using re-imagined, which I never used. But I might just try it when I install your mod again. Since it's a mod that hasn't been updated in the past 2 years (according to the nexux page), is there any known issues with the 4.00 update?

-Do you know if this mod is compatible with Rubini's "Smaller sun for DeVries"? If not, do you know if there's a quick fix to make it so? (file swap, simple editing, stuff like that.) That huge sun is really getting on my nerves XD
1. No known issues it's a sweetfx which just modifies the "optic" like those Shadermods ( SweetFX) for Skyrim etc.

2. they are all compatible to each other, i use all three Enzy, Re-imagined & small Sun ;)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 21:29

Hi Commodore, I'm very happy to see you still are on this ;)

Did by any chance the bugs in Cold Star affect the background planet? (more precisely, being rendered partially without textures?)

Because I noticed as soon as I started playing HoL that the planet in Cold Star and the gas giant in Home of Light seemed a bit dull, then discovered that textures on them weren't rendered if I didn't put everything back to vanilla...but I wasn't sure if it was because of your mod, or because of the mash-up I made between your mod and Ico_HR's one...I think I should definitely take a look again at the game with this little patch!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 21:14

the Cold-Star-Planet was completely white- I don't know how this happened. I changed one of the textures used for this planet, but it still should have worked... but by creating a copy entry of the unchanged original texture I fixed the problem- and after that I "freezed" the planet a little bit ;) - but the gaseous tex are still original, I just added some for the large giants in OL and DV- there shouldnt be any issues, I will look into it...

by the way, what did you use? Re-Imagined or not? The Full or the Base Version without the planet changings?

greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 21:18

Oh, and I added the last alternate Download Link (2.5 HOL) from J. L. to the Startpost ;)
greetings, MJ Fire

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”