[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

User avatar
Commodore MJ Fire
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon, 27. Jul 09, 17:45
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 23:25

Hm, There are different reports about that- some people told me that there fps rate even gets better- but if this is because of the Mod (Hm, I don't think so :wink:) or the Re-Imagined- not shure. Textures in much chases have the same pixel size as the Originals, I don't think that it really decreases your framerate- or just a little bit. But I don't really know how this is on less powerful systems (I have a PC with a powerful Graphic Card and good Processor and RAM- already built for XR- Its a fluid gameplay nearly every time).

And I also play with a high End Version of PIMP MY SKUNK, with some self-upgraded 4k Textures, so Enzy is not really the one eating my capacities... :wink:

I think, it would be nice, if Mod users can post, if playing decreases their Framerate. Thats already interesting for me to know. So, post your experiences!

@Sparky Sparkycorp: Yes of course- but come on guys, this is a SUN and you're in its ORBIT! In reality, No sunglasses in the universe can protect you from THIS! And Its playable, As you can see at the screens, its not as extreme as it sounds first, and I did play it many hours after resizing the sun- even at the Canteran Homesector.

greetings, MJ Fire

Endeavour79
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 00:14

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 07:53

Thanks to both of you, great job. After a while of getting used to the darker appearance I'm really enjoying the new look & feel.

Lower FPS for me too but not so bad..

moon123456
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 15. Apr 14, 17:22

Post by moon123456 » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 21:07

:thumb_up:

what a mod...

huge thx for this brilliant one.

What could we do without the modders ? not a lot...

thx and keep updating :)

The original pink and flashi color everywhere was definitivly inedible.

:thumb_up:

moon123456
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 15. Apr 14, 17:22

Post by moon123456 » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 22:49

In fact...

I learned that the dvpt had to goal x-box and this kind of "stuff".

I undestand the so colored commitment.


I wanted to say after 20 minutes only of amazment using ur mod :

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECTED WHEN I BAUGHT X-birth ! And certainly not the original color design...

So, many thx to you. Half of my money should be surredner to you :)

jeroll3d
Posts: 646
Joined: Thu, 26. Jun 08, 02:28
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sun, 20. Apr 14, 03:58

Commodore MJ Fire or Ico

The guys see last version of the 'Tarr Chronicles', (game), 1.8? Well... the visual is fantastic. You can do more effects with colors in shades of gray, (with bloon, is fantastic)?


Thanks
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Tanvaras
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu, 27. Nov 03, 11:45
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 06:47

I have a small issue (noobie when it comes to mod, and most likely my issue and not the mods) With the sweetFX (with your settings file + plus the other files in main directory) the game wont start, says a Serious error has occurred. Any ideas and do I need sweet FX to use the mod, as the game starts if I remove sweetfx files.

Cheers

Tan

User avatar
Commodore MJ Fire
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon, 27. Jul 09, 17:45
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 02:11

Hm, don't know what the Problem is- seems to be a Sweetfx (Re-Imagined) Problem. My mod and Re-Imagined are independent to each other (of course, two authors) So when you can't install Re-Imagined- no Problem, start the game with the mod but without Re-Imagined, It will work with no Problems.
The best way is to ask DeserterX directly, but I don't know if he's in this Forum...
hm, you need an Account to Nexus, this is a Problem- :( hope, he has a mailadrees somewhere at nexus... Yisha_Technician is also his Mod- is it in this Forum?
greetings, MJ Fire

User avatar
Commodore MJ Fire
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon, 27. Jul 09, 17:45
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 17:03

Arg, wanted to upload this mod to the workshop- and then found out, that there is a 100 MB limit- seriously? for REBIRTH? Every normal mod containing one ore more ships or station meshs will be bigger than that! Cant understand this... :(
greetings, MJ Fire

jeroll3d
Posts: 646
Joined: Thu, 26. Jun 08, 02:28
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 19:48

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Arg, wanted to upload this mod to the workshop- and then found out, that there is a 100 MB limit- seriously? for REBIRTH? Every normal mod containing one ore more ships or station meshs will be bigger than that! Cant understand this... :(
greetings, MJ Fire
Is the best mod, your mod. :cry:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

User avatar
NZ-Wanderer
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu, 5. Aug 04, 01:57
xr

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 19:48

Just wanted to say thank you for this mod, it is great flying around the place now :)

If you really get stuck I have a private server that I could put your file onto for others to download.. :)

User avatar
Commodore MJ Fire
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon, 27. Jul 09, 17:45
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 13:48

Oh, yes, this would be nice, but i still need a place where I can upload patches I made- the first one with some little bugfixes is ready...
when you find bugs, post it here, i will fix them.
bugs I fix with the upcoming patch:
-wrong alpha Strength for a highway in the material libary.
-2 meshes called in the scenes from DeVries and OL which no longer exist.
(thanks to lubatomy for telling)
greetings, MJ Fire

SplitBoy
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue, 12. Dec 06, 10:10
x4

Post by SplitBoy » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 20:03

OMFG awesome mod m8.

Realy love the work you put in there.

Just a minor thing, please could you revert the broken gates back to a broken state.
Regarding lore Gates are not indistructible they got repaired by onboard Systems or by the old Folk servitor race the sonen or totaly replaced by new ones.

After the Gate colaps it totaly makes sense that some of em are broken as they could not mantain themself get repaired or replaced, as we yet do not know ingame what caused the incident.

Besides that this totaly improves the already gorgeous look of the game beyond it's consol texture Quality thank you for your work.
You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!

User avatar
Commodore MJ Fire
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon, 27. Jul 09, 17:45
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 4. May 14, 01:15

possible, but if you want to do it by yourself, go to the Encyclopedia folder in extensions and just erase the gate entry in index/components.xml, the complete macros.xml and the complete assets
/props folder.

Yes, gates could be destroyed or damaged, but this needs a big, big powerful weapon or you have to know, how to manipulate the internal machines.

Sorry, this info is only known by germans because helges half-canon novels are not aviable in english (hope, that someday they will publish it for other langages), but these gates can even protect themselfs from a nova (without any shields!) when they are online, and an old given up gate needed millions of years to get an eye-form and crates from millions of micrometheorits on its surface. I don't think that 40 years are enough to destroy a gate like that. And the gates just got deactivated from the old ones- not a reason to stop repair them... :wink:

The second- and more practical reason I swiched the gates is that Ego has only one damaged form- so every damaged gate looks equal- not very realistic and a bit disturbing for me, so the intact gates are at this time the only way to fix this. Later, when its possible to create new damaged gates, I will try- but not at this time...
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:59
x4

Post by Privata » Sun, 4. May 14, 01:52

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:possible, but if you want to do it by yourself, go to the Encyclopedia folder in extensions and just erase the gate entry in index/components.xml, the complete macros.xml and the complete assets
/props folder.

Yes, gates could be destroyed or damaged, but this needs a big, big powerful weapon or you have to know, how to manipulate the internal machines.

Sorry, this info is only known by germans because helges half-canon novels are not aviable in english (hope, that someday they will publish it for other langages), but these gates can even protect themselfs from a nova (without any shields!) when they are online, and an old given up gate needed millions of years to get an eye-form and crates from millions of micrometheorits on its surface. I don't think that 40 years are enough to destroy a gate like that. And the gates just got deactivated from the old ones- not a reason to stop repair them... :wink:

The second- and more practical reason I swiched the gates is that Ego has only one damaged form- so every damaged gate looks equal- not very realistic and a bit disturbing for me, so the intact gates are at this time the only way to fix this. Later, when its possible to create new damaged gates, I will try- but not at this time...
greetings, MJ Fire
about gates getting damaged.
in lore the kha'ak have blown up some gates.
not only that but the old terran class IV corvets destroied one gate.
so I would assume a massive super nova would damage them.
plus maybe the fact that they were ofline removed there protection or what ever

SplitBoy
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue, 12. Dec 06, 10:10
x4

Post by SplitBoy » Tue, 6. May 14, 03:48

Privata wrote:
Commodore MJ Fire wrote:possible, but if you want to do it by yourself, go to the Encyclopedia folder in extensions and just erase the gate entry in index/components.xml, the complete macros.xml and the complete assets
/props folder.

Yes, gates could be destroyed or damaged, but this needs a big, big powerful weapon or you have to know, how to manipulate the internal machines.

Sorry, this info is only known by germans because helges half-canon novels are not aviable in english (hope, that someday they will publish it for other langages), but these gates can even protect themselfs from a nova (without any shields!) when they are online, and an old given up gate needed millions of years to get an eye-form and crates from millions of micrometheorits on its surface. I don't think that 40 years are enough to destroy a gate like that. And the gates just got deactivated from the old ones- not a reason to stop repair them... :wink:

The second- and more practical reason I swiched the gates is that Ego has only one damaged form- so every damaged gate looks equal- not very realistic and a bit disturbing for me, so the intact gates are at this time the only way to fix this. Later, when its possible to create new damaged gates, I will try- but not at this time...
greetings, MJ Fire
about gates getting damaged.
in lore the kha'ak have blown up some gates.
not only that but the old terran class IV corvets destroied one gate.
so I would assume a massive super nova would damage them.
plus maybe the fact that they were ofline removed there protection or what ever
Well Khaak are one thing yet Terran not certain about that.
In X:BTF there had been two men made gates.

The first the one close to Terra and the second the one it conected to.
With X³:TC there was another men made Gate.

So if you thought about the gates that Nathan Gun destroyed those aint any the old Folk created.
You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”