[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 22. Mar 14, 11:45

Played around with it for a while , and I love what you did with OL , bringing back the earlyer version of it , looks so much more like "X" , you know like the old X2 over the top , but beautiful space

however there are things that happen , for some reason the water planet is transparent for me , and there are stars in front of it...

after I saw that I tryed to fine tune the mod for my own personal taste.
putting back OL nebula so I could use ICOhrs. would prefer a merge of yours + his lol.

would it be possible , to have a version that only brings stuff back , but not remove things , or change textures.

so all the planet changes like the sun in DV , the planets in OL (without removing fogplains)
just wondering.

annyway either way a beautyfull mod and realy makes me wonder why they did not use the older versions of there maps to begin with

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 03:34

Hm, this is X- nothing works the same way twice :D Don't know, why it makes this texture transparent... can you upload a screenshot?
The Problem is that I had to reconstruct the old concept with retexturing and adding new planets with new textures like the gasgiant, based on the Maelstrom gasgiant. Using the old original meshs and tex doesn't work for some reason, was removed or doesn't have the right size, and the cityplanet only works with retexturing. you of course can just erase the entrys for the bg tex or planet tex to mix both mods, then the tex from ICO-hr would work with my mod. I would mix primary Icos Albion BG with my halmnan (two different meshs, no problem) but in OL mixing is a problem: I also changed the BG meshs rotation and added a mesh, so mixing there is more difficult...
But yes, a conversion would be nice :wink:
Hm, many work to create a 'light version' with only changing concepts but I can try...
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 14:51

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Hm, this is X- nothing works the same way twice :D Don't know, why it makes this texture transparent... can you upload a screenshot?
The Problem is that I had to reconstruct the old concept with retexturing and adding new planets with new textures like the gasgiant, based on the Maelstrom gasgiant. Using the old original meshs and tex doesn't work for some reason, was removed or doesn't have the right size, and the cityplanet only works with retexturing. you of course can just erase the entrys for the bg tex or planet tex to mix both mods, then the tex from ICO-hr would work with my mod. I would mix primary Icos Albion BG with my halmnan (two different meshs, no problem) but in OL mixing is a problem: I also changed the BG meshs rotation and added a mesh, so mixing there is more difficult...
But yes, a conversion would be nice :wink:
Hm, many work to create a 'light version' with only changing concepts but I can try...
greetings, MJ Fire
what I ended up doing is taking the default config for cluster C , then adding all the addons from you that I liked gas giant moons etc.
the water planet was still transparent , shame but oh well know I have the gas giant , and for some reason it makes it feel like good old X2.
so I am good.

say , have you tryed adding back in the old clusters? like cluster H , I , E etc... there a lot of deleted stuff so much they could make a Xrebirth 2 just by adding it back in lol.
did you try that? when I do it , it brakes , but maybe you can.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 14:59

Yes, I tried, the same way as you did- also with a crash. Thats the reason I had to reconstruct it- but in original, the gasgiant was a 2d Background tex, so my version could be better :D
But some of these old Models in there still work, as the deactivated BG for Maelstrom. I just hat to rework the tex a little bit.

Waterplanet: repositioning the BG stars could help- sometimes this mesh for them is too small and the planet is outside- the reason why the planet seems to be transparent- only a therory why there is this problem.
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 16:34

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Yes, I tried, the same way as you did- also with a crash. Thats the reason I had to reconstruct it- but in original, the gasgiant was a 2d Background tex, so my version could be better :D
But some of these old Models in there still work, as the deactivated BG for Maelstrom. I just hat to rework the tex a little bit.

Waterplanet: repositioning the BG stars could help- sometimes this mesh for them is too small and the planet is outside- the reason why the planet seems to be transparent- only a therory why there is this problem.
greetings, MJ Fire
So far as I could tell , it seems that my issue is , only the haze of the water planet is present , no matter I removed it. what I realy love is that massive gas giant , I still am amazed that they removed it , why?!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 16:57

After Dropbox closed the links because of the traffic ( :evil: :evil: :evil: ) I I created alternate links to MEGA for the settings-file and the minipatch.
Please, EGOSOFT, create a part of this page where Modders can upload ther mods...
Or let steam do it, time for them to get useful... :wink:
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 17:09

The waterplanet is one of the moons- part_lavamoon. (I know, the name is not really good :D but thats the original name for the planet)
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 17:58

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:The waterplanet is one of the moons- part_lavamoon. (I know, the name is not really good :D but thats the original name for the planet)
greetings, MJ Fire
lol I know remeber in X3 when ommicron lyreas nebula was called blue nebula ?

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 18:07

Ok, got new Informations from the t-File and with that the internal encyclopedia-informations, so, the time is right to go to the next level: because Shining was only a prequel and i have enough info for 1.0, I can tell you:

The new Ency(clopedia)-Mod for XRebirth is coming!

My next step will be releasing the Version 1.0. For Shining users: Ency 1.0 is for you the next Update to Shining!
Biggest new part in Ency: Much more changings in Maelstrom: the black hole will be there and BG changes- because the system is at the center -and it's the creator- of the halmnan.
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 19:18

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Ok, got new Informations from the t-File and with that the internal encyclopedia-informations, so, the time is right to go to the next level: because Shining was only a prequel and i have enough info for 1.0, I can tell you:

The new Ency(clopedia)-Mod for XRebirth is coming!

My next step will be releasing the Version 1.0. For Shining users: Ency 1.0 is for you the next Update to Shining!
Biggest new part in Ency: Much more changings in Maelstrom: the black hole will be there and BG changes- because the system is at the center -and it's the creator- of the halmnan.
greetings, MJ Fire
good idea.
I am not shure but I found information some time ago that either , a deleted or planned DLC in the future take place in the ridge of that black hole in OM.
do you know anything more about this?

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 2. Apr 14, 19:31

No, I just read the sector- and system-descriptions they put into the t-file, and there is nothing about that- not a word about the black hole in OL, But there are 3 Descriptions in Maelstrom describing the black hole in this system- but it's not there! And no, they don't put it into the wrong sector... So I can't tell you if its true...

Other thing: After 10 years Egosoft still has not the ability to create a operabe alpha-blendeffect. I want to get a black-hole-jet in maelstrom to be UNDER the disc, but the bad blend-effect (this is the same issue as in X3!) makes that impossible! It is BEHIND the disc and looks like its position is BEFORE! Hate that... :evil:
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 17:34

So, I finally released the Ency-Mod here. So the Mod gots his original name back- with a new slogan and better describing!
greetings, MJ Fire

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 17:44

Sound's lovely...but a 5-times bigger sun in DeVries??? I had best buy some sun glasses :D

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 18:32

wow you did release it! congrats!

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 19:08

Will this beautiful piece of work decrease my FPS?

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 23:25

Hm, There are different reports about that- some people told me that there fps rate even gets better- but if this is because of the Mod (Hm, I don't think so :wink:) or the Re-Imagined- not shure. Textures in much chases have the same pixel size as the Originals, I don't think that it really decreases your framerate- or just a little bit. But I don't really know how this is on less powerful systems (I have a PC with a powerful Graphic Card and good Processor and RAM- already built for XR- Its a fluid gameplay nearly every time).

And I also play with a high End Version of PIMP MY SKUNK, with some self-upgraded 4k Textures, so Enzy is not really the one eating my capacities... :wink:

I think, it would be nice, if Mod users can post, if playing decreases their Framerate. Thats already interesting for me to know. So, post your experiences!

@Sparky Sparkycorp: Yes of course- but come on guys, this is a SUN and you're in its ORBIT! In reality, No sunglasses in the universe can protect you from THIS! And Its playable, As you can see at the screens, its not as extreme as it sounds first, and I did play it many hours after resizing the sun- even at the Canteran Homesector.

greetings, MJ Fire

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 07:53

Thanks to both of you, great job. After a while of getting used to the darker appearance I'm really enjoying the new look & feel.

Lower FPS for me too but not so bad..

moon123456

Post by moon123456 » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 21:07

:thumb_up:

what a mod...

huge thx for this brilliant one.

What could we do without the modders ? not a lot...

thx and keep updating :)

The original pink and flashi color everywhere was definitivly inedible.

:thumb_up:

moon123456

Post by moon123456 » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 22:49

In fact...

I learned that the dvpt had to goal x-box and this kind of "stuff".

I undestand the so colored commitment.

I wanted to say after 20 minutes only of amazment using ur mod :

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECTED WHEN I BAUGHT X-birth ! And certainly not the original color design...

So, many thx to you. Half of my money should be surredner to you :)

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sun, 20. Apr 14, 03:58

Commodore MJ Fire or Ico

The guys see last version of the 'Tarr Chronicles', (game), 1.8? Well... the visual is fantastic. You can do more effects with colors in shades of gray, (with bloon, is fantastic)?

Thanks
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”