can you have more than 1 CAG representing a station?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nospammdi
x3ap

can you have more than 1 CAG representing a station?

Post by nospammdi » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 08:04

anyone tried this? I have an Ore Mine and don't want to assign one of my larger ships as CAG as they would be oversized. I have a Mercury left but it does not have sufficient cargo space to haul all the Ore around. I am wondering, what happens if I assign two Mercuries as CAG to my station? :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:07

you can have many CAG's assigned.

Unless they are trained enough, they will only buy resources for your factory/complex.

Obviously ,if you have too many, some will remain idle,afaik.
I usually start with one training/buying resources while I have a normal trader or two, home-based and assigned to sell.

nospammdi
x3ap

Post by nospammdi » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:09

interesting, thanks!

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:42

It doesn't really matter if your freighters can carry a full production run per load, where you're aiming is a full sales/delivery load per load.

Unit price is decided by qty demand at the instant of sale, IOW, you can sell the largest volumes for the best price per unit, so a being able to fulfill a stations entire demand in one shot is the most profitable transaction.

The thing is, even if your freighters can't deliver the full amount at once, as long as your CAGs are getting high prices, it doesn't really matter how many trade runs they have to make (jump fuel is pretty cheap after all), as long as they can ship more per hour than your mine/complex is producing.

nospammdi
x3ap

Post by nospammdi » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:46

thanks, this is indeed true. After testing two smaller freighters as CAG for one Ore Mine L I found they are at first mostly busy buying resources (energy cells), once the 80% resource threshold has been supplied only one is busy selling the stock while the other one is mostly on standby. One should do!

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 13:44

nospammdi wrote:thanks, this is indeed true. After testing two smaller freighters as CAG for one Ore Mine L I found they are at first mostly busy buying resources (energy cells), once the 80% resource threshold has been supplied only one is busy selling the stock while the other one is mostly on standby. One should do!
Pretty much as someone said it mainly depends on whether or not one is enough to buy/sell everything. Larger complexes have more resources to buy/sell then even much bigger TS ships can handle alone. So the larger their homebase is the bigger work load becomes and eventually one trader is simply not enough. Just make sure setting for between ship communication is enabled or they will fight each to sell/buy to/from single source and cause one to waste time. ( the only real issue ST/UT have imo)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”