Has anyone tried to finish Final Fury with an M3?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ziggurat1000
x3tc

Has anyone tried to finish Final Fury with an M3?

Post by Ziggurat1000 » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 11:59

I have done some experiments but it seems impossible what with
Spoiler
Show
the sector respawning the central Guardian every time I reenter 926.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 15:00

It would be awesome if you could but as the number and type of missiles that are launched at you are pretty much instant kill and given the sheer numbers of them thrown at you I'd say you had more chance of winning a lottery jackpot every week consecutively for a month.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 17:19

Perhaps with a Falcon Sentinels filled to the brim with wasps and typhoons?
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 21:01

Medusa Prototype is the only M3 that can fire Typhoons.

Biggest M3 missiles beside the drop-loot-only Hammerhead are Thunderbolt and Tornado.

Terran M3 can use Spectre Missiles which are equivalent to Hornets, but may be difficult to source in X3TC.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 21:51

A Spitfyre with PMAMLs is fast enough to outrun all ships and powerful enough to kill the mission targets. The only problem is the logistics of ammos supply. The easiest solution is a wing of Spitfyres of matching speed with no weapons but ammos and energy cells.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Ziggurat1000
x3tc

Post by Ziggurat1000 » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 00:18

I give up, I had done it previously in a Centaur with Hornet spam (and drones to distract enemies) but M3s cannot carry much ordnance and die too fast. My allies weren't very useful (they died really fast), so that's the absolute minimum force I could use with success.

Looking at the suggestions:

1 - No spectre missiles anywhere so that was out.
2 - A wing of fighters would be kinda expensive and expansive for my plans. Besides the Khaak appears out of nowhere and could attrition it all the way to the targets.

Add to that, I am hearing that bzzt bzzt bzzt all the time now.

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 07:36

It is possible in a Spitfyre with good logistic support, I used a demios (M7) as fire support fill it with shockwave guns and sit it out of the way, nothings get to it. The spitfyre should be able kill a M2 khaak but its a pain to do as the beam reaches a long way. Best recommendation if you wanted an M3, use lots of fire support or it will take a long long time. Any other M3 would be a falcon sentinel and a pair of M2s as wingmen and a M7M with lots of missiles!
Given up gaming because of steam

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 10:53

I think getting 2 M2s and spam the kha'ak whit them while you sit in the M3 between them unharmed, isn't really considered completing the plot with an M3. If you can do it in JUST an M3 in the whole sector with no supply, no extra firepower, that's Xtreme (btw I made it in a boreas with mosq mis defense and lots of PPCs :D)
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 17:37

:lol:
Hehehe
Given up gaming because of steam

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”