[SCRIPT] [X3AP] X-Achievements - [01/01/2014]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 12:11

Well, thank you for all your efforts ! Unfortunately, I cannot solve this bug without reproducing it myself.

Just to be sure, you did not change anything in the t file ?
And you play with AP, no mods ?

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 23:41

Don't worry, I understand there's not much you can reasonably do in this situation. I think most people would have stopped at "can't reproduce", so thank you too for your efforts.

I didn't change anything in the t file, I think it'd have beat the purpose of testing your fixes, and I don't know anything about actually modding the X games myself anyway, just about installing the work of others. And it's AP indeed, v3.1 as downloaded from Steam.

As for mods, I'll assume you refer to any kind of extra addons/plugins/scripts/etc... the terminology used in this community confuses me a bit, since a "mod" is apparently a specific kind of installation method different from copying scripts, fake patching...
I tried with and without any mods every time, including a few complete reinstalls from Steam because even just a dozen mods can get really messy (and I used to put a hundred mods on the TES games...)
In all cases, fresh vanilla and modified, I got the exact same results, so I don't believe it's an incompatibility issue.

Anyway, now I'm trying out your XMR and it's superb. It's the first mod that makes me think "this is how Egosoft should have done it in the first place": it fits, it works, it's entertaining, it has lasting effects and it takes all the annoying things of the original mission director away, so five stars for that one.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 18. Jul 14, 00:04

The terminology here is simple. A mod is something that really "modifies" the game. It takes an element, like a ship, and overwrite with another one. Considering that most of the original data is in those .dat/.cat files, modders need to extract them, then players need to install the modification as a fake patch to be easily removable (the last .cat being read in top priority).

A script does not overwrite anything, and most of the time, is safe.

There are many things Egosoft should have done in the first place, but I'm glad you enjoy XMR :)

As for achievements, maybe I'll include them in XMR... They could give tokens as reward, used to increase station's reputations. Don't know, we'll see !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”