[X3AP] Post-breaking grounds question. Advice needed.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zanzal
x3tc

[X3AP] Post-breaking grounds question. Advice needed.

Post by zanzal » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:52

Greetings all,

I just completed breaking grounds in X3AP and now have this really cool sector to call home. I noticed it has a small asteroid belt in it that seems completely useless for placing mines as all the yields are horrible low.

Q: If I want to use this belt to gather resources to build ships what will work out better in the long run = mobile mining or low yield mines?

Some thoughts I have on this are that I am concerned that if I break up the roids they will not respawn, The reason is that I started a small mobile mining op in the Kuiper belt just to see if I could get it to work, but the roids have never respawned... I know I've spent at least 3-4 hours total on 10xSETA since I broke them up probably twice that, is that not long enough? Maybe they will respawn only if certain conditions are met? Maybe they don't respawn any more in AP? IDK.

Anyway, opinions please which course would be the most efficient. I can't decide. Some education on asteroid respawning would also be appreciated.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 23:09

Breaking up roids to mobile-mine means all the little rocks you get will be consumed and will eventually disappear, and the original asteroid does NOT respawn.

So, in the long run, you are better off setting up Ore Mines on the asteroids.

Although, you can also just ignore the asteroids, and set up your complex with everything except the Ore Mines. Then set up the Ore Mines wherever there are good yield roids.

And use the CLS Internal Logistics feature from the Bonus Pack to link up the complex to all the Ore Mines. Internal Logistics is like connecting pipes, but with a TS transport ship instead of a pipe, and you can have multi-complexes or pieces of a complex all over the universe instead of all in one sector (piped up).

EDIT: Asteroids respawn in X3TC, but in X3AP they've been changed to NOT respawn. Egosoft made that change on purpose.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 23:39

Rubble doesn't respawn in AP, but I thought full-scale asteroids still do?

I may be wrong, though. I pretty much never break up large asteroids for my mobile fleets except when kicking around in UFJD sectors.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:13

My first play through saw me with a long complex served with CAGs etc.

Not sure what to do in this second round.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”