The Space Opera continues!

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

HelgeK
x2

The Space Opera continues!

Post by HelgeK » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 23:20

Dear space faring creatures of the X universe!

You may have already heard about "X - The Space Opera", found on the BluRay included with the Collectors Edition of X:Rebirth. It's a lovely 5.1 Space Rock surround mix, accompanied by stunning space visuals from the X series of games.

It tells the first 45 minutes of Kyle Brennan's and Elena Kho's journey to the Community of Planets. What do you mean - first 45 minutes? Is there more? Why, yes! The complete "Opera" has nearly two hours (!) of music and plot, and can be found on iTunes and Amazon.

If you don't know yet if you like that kind of music - I will admit it’s at tad unusual for a Space Opera, or for anything else, really - you may want to check out a few more songs, some of which are not even on the CE BluRay:

Ship of the Moon
Love in Outer Space
Bravery of a Saurian (not on CE!)
The Sohnen (not on CE!)
Unto the Stars

I hope that you'll enjoy those songs and wish you a great Christmas season!

Up the Irons! :-)
Hoellge of the USC voXager

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:35

Have a good Xmas holiday too. \m/ \m/
Last edited by Lyth on Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:46

Pedal to the metal. Congratulations on the release of your project. All the best and happy metal Christmas.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:50

sooo....

More money to pay then?

Cause you know, being ripped off for a paid alpha of rebirth wasn't bad enough...

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:55

Hornet108 wrote:sooo....

More money to pay then?

Cause you know, being ripped off for a paid alpha of rebirth wasn't bad enough...
This a personal project, spanning 6 years and self financed, by someone that works for Egosoft. Quoting from his website: "There will be a voXager release soon, as movie DVD/BluRay, as CD, on iTunes, YouTube, on this site, and elsewhere. I will go bankrupt over this, but bankruptcy has never felt that sweet before. Six years on, and we’re finally here!"

He actually is the author of Farnham’s Legend, a very successful novel about the X Universe.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 01:17

Hornet108 wrote:sooo....

More money to pay then?
Absolutely! I need a third condo. Do you prefer wiretransfer or can we just exchange a suitcase full of cash? :-P

But seriously, just download those five tracks, put them on your smartphone, and never mind the album. This is free as in "free beer" :-)

Cheers,
Helge

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 01:46

Thank you Helge!!!

Hail!!

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 02:20

Heeeey! Thanks for this. Adding to my Xmas wish list!

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 02:40

I upgraded to CE via steam. This space opera is listed in my DLC for X - Rebirth, but it is listed as "not installed". How on earth do I make steam install it? I've asked this in a couple of places without success. Can someone please offer some assistance?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Kolreth
x4

Post by Kolreth » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 03:03

Bazza wrote:I upgraded to CE via steam. This space opera is listed in my DLC for X - Rebirth, but it is listed as "not installed". How on earth do I make steam install it? I've asked this in a couple of places without success. Can someone please offer some assistance?
Mine is in the bonus content directory in the game install location.

Is there any chance we can get this in flac format? mp3 does not support positional sound, so the 5.1 mix is lost on us.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 03:53

Kolreth wrote:
Bazza wrote:I upgraded to CE via steam. This space opera is listed in my DLC for X - Rebirth, but it is listed as "not installed". How on earth do I make steam install it? I've asked this in a couple of places without success. Can someone please offer some assistance?

Is there any chance we can get this in flac format? mp3 does not support positional sound, so the 5.1 mix is lost on us.
I just have sound tracks and encyclopedia. It claims its optional download. Great, can't for the life of me figure out how to invoke the option. Still, if its stereo only thats dissapointing.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 05:16

That's definitely some German art rock fa shizzle

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 07:49

Kolreth wrote:Is there any chance we can get this in flac format? mp3 does not support positional sound, so the 5.1 mix is lost on us.
Good point! I can't make any promises, but I'll look into it!

Cheers,
Helge

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 08:22

Bazza wrote:
Kolreth wrote:

I just have sound tracks and encyclopedia. It claims its optional download. Great, can't for the life of me figure out how to invoke the option. Still, if its stereo only thats dissapointing.
Pretty sure you have to install it within the game, it's under one of the sections in the main menu but I can't remember what it's called.

Mordin Ashe
x4

Post by Mordin Ashe » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 21:46

I've been thinking about this one for a while. Even though Rebirth does feel like a rip-off, I generally want to buy anything that has X trademark on it. I will probably get this in a week or so.

OD53
x4

Post by OD53 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 13:38

No offence but it sounds like Rammstein singing with Daft Punk music, the best music on X is the tracks without lyrics and the ones that can tell a story purely through the music alone, in my opinion their the best.

e.g. the tracks that you get in game whilst flying around in the skunk.
I'am the conquere of worlds!

I'am the destroyer of all life of which that opposses me!

I'am the 'Oblivious Destroyer the 53rd'

a.k.a. OD53 :D

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 13:59

OD53 wrote:No offence but it sounds like Rammstein singing with Daft Punk music, the best music on X is the tracks without lyrics and the ones that can tell a story purely through the music alone, in my opinion their the best.

e.g. the tracks that you get in game whilst flying around in the skunk
Nobody who dislikes metal should be forced to listen to metal, even if it's space metal ;-)

Helge

SeaBee-T
x3tc

Post by SeaBee-T » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 14:33

Wow, Helge! I was not aware you wrote books AND music. I would love to buy your album but I have been resisting tying myself down with iTunes and Amazon doesn't sell outside the US. Do you have plans for other distributors of music like Bandcamp or CDBaby?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 17:18

Love the music!

Fun just flying around with it on~~
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 18:35

Ive read Farnhams Legend good read Helge !
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Return to “Creative Universe”