the enemie AI.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Privata
x4

the enemie AI.

Post by Privata » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:45

I have been trying to make the enemie AI much better after giving them a fighting chance with weapons that can rip my ship apart with a simple salvo I still never die....

the AI seems to just look at me and then sometimes flys away for a long time when it is in like 1km range shoots two or three hits.

when the AI does do somthing it does slow evasive maneuvers (step up from X3) but then again very slowly just turns towards me two 3 shots and try again....

I tryed editing fight.attack.object.fighter but it dosent seem to do much diference.
In X3 I used to triple the amount agility and turning with jobs + a bit of Tship editing.

however I dont seem to be able to do anything here

I understand how it works but nothing works lol.
I know that I need to edit the engine part ok that good but its the after bit I dont get , the xml stuff ''replace"" etc

if possible as help could I get a template of how to edit them? the engine files?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:39

what do you need, again?

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:44

if possible a basic template of how to modify the engine files you see the one thing I dont understand fully yet is this pattern : <replace sel="/macros/macro etc.

I am hoping the tweak all fighters to have better turning rates so that they can at least fight the player rather than slowly fly away

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 02:03

here an example: you want to replace <bar value="bad"> with <bar value="good">:

original file:
<root>
.<foo>
..<bar value="bad"/>
..<bar value="ok"/>
.</foo>
</root>

diff file:
<diff>
.<replace sel="/root/foo/bar[@value='bad']">
..<bar value="good">
..</replace>
</diff>

result virtual file:
<root>
.<foo>
..<bar value="good"/>
..<bar value="ok"/>
.</foo>
</root>

the [@someParameter] if for cases when there are multiple sub-nodes by the same name to differ them by parameters ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 02:28

I am at work, but I think you might also want to look in 'behaviors.xml'?
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”