EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
[MOD] No Fog V0.2
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
enenra





Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 6158 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Awesome, thanks MutantDwarf!

Update is out, changelog available on the Nexus site. Smile


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nebucatnetzer





Joined: 19 Nov 2013



PostPosted: Fri, 22. Nov 13, 00:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

MutantDwarf wrote:
Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

If you'd like to be able to see that there's a nebula around (since they can still be used for harvesting) you can increase the numbers slightly to get a bit of that 'veil' back.


Thanks for finding and sharing this.
What I haven't completely understood yet.
Do we need to see the veil because it's game relevant or does it only appear together with the cloud textures?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cyllie





Joined: 16 Nov 2013

Location: With your wife

PostPosted: Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The best thing about this mod is it seems to drastically improve performance, except for the random choppiness that seems to occur sometimes when ships spawn (reload is the only thing that seems to fix this).

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enenra





Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 6158 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nebucatnetzer wrote:
MutantDwarf wrote:
Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

If you'd like to be able to see that there's a nebula around (since they can still be used for harvesting) you can increase the numbers slightly to get a bit of that 'veil' back.


Thanks for finding and sharing this.
What I haven't completely understood yet.
Do we need to see the veil because it's game relevant or does it only appear together with the cloud textures?


The veil was just defined separately from the fog itself. V0.3 removes that as well. It's only game relevant in so far that it's possible to harvest the fog (which is still possible since as far as the game is concerned, the fog is still there. Just not visible to the player).


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nebucatnetzer





Joined: 19 Nov 2013



PostPosted: Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
would like to keep the clouds.
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
Invisible gameplay elements aren't very practical Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enenra





Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 6158 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nebucatnetzer wrote:
I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
would like to keep the clouds.
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
Invisible gameplay elements aren't very practical Smile


As I have posted, V0.3 of the mod removes the veil by incorporating MutantDwarfs code. No need to separately install it. Wink


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CotillionRope





Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 7 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 25. Nov 13, 03:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

enenra wrote:
Nebucatnetzer wrote:
I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
would like to keep the clouds.
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
Invisible gameplay elements aren't very practical Smile


As I have posted, V0.3 of the mod removes the veil by incorporating MutantDwarfs code. No need to separately install it. Wink


Nexus still says 0.2 :\

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enenra





Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 6158 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 25. Nov 13, 03:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CotillionRope wrote:
enenra wrote:
Nebucatnetzer wrote:
I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
would like to keep the clouds.
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
Invisible gameplay elements aren't very practical Smile


As I have posted, V0.3 of the mod removes the veil by incorporating MutantDwarfs code. No need to separately install it. Wink


Nexus still says 0.2 :\


Sorry, getting my mods confused. Embarassed
For NoFog, V0.2 removes the veil.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hrimthur2008





Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 26 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 25. Nov 13, 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Just wanna say, awesome job and thank you!


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaptainRAVE





Joined: 23 Oct 2003
Posts: 167 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This has massively improved my performance.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hanover_fist





Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 23 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 28. Nov 13, 01:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Increased my fps performance . And I think Space looks a lot better too.
Good job OP.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rifter08





Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 43 on topic
Location: Australia
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 28. Nov 13, 05:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Works great mate. Can run on higher settings, and looks so much better.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spartanheyho





Joined: 24 Nov 2013



PostPosted: Mon, 2. Dec 13, 06:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Debug text pertaining to your mod it seems upon starting new free-play game. Here it is:

Code:

[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
not2day





Joined: 28 Nov 2013



PostPosted: Mon, 2. Dec 13, 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hanover_fist wrote:
Increased my fps performance . And I think Space looks a lot better too.
Good job OP.


It increased my FPS also, and I've got an Eyefinity setup Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enenra





Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 6158 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 3. Dec 13, 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

spartanheyho wrote:
Debug text pertaining to your mod it seems upon starting new free-play game. Here it is:

Code:

[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] ======================================
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.



Which X Rebirth version are you running? 1.17?


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Fri, 22. Jun 18, 22:42

All times are GMT + 2 Hours

[ Disclaimer / Impressum ] | [ Privacy Policy / Datenschutz ]

Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2018
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.13246 seconds, sql queries = 29