[summary for egosoft devs] What community expect for this X rebirth

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lemdoran
x4

[summary for egosoft devs] What community expect for this X rebirth

Post by lemdoran » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:30

Hi Egosoft dev team.

I'm not sure about the fact any egosoft staff will read this but still, i try to help a bit the community as i can.

Firstly, i really like x rebirth, new style, concept, etc... But, i think you now have see this from the global community, this game isn't like players wanted it.

I have make a little list about what is, for me, the points who have to be fixed as soon as possible. I invite all people on forum who have something to add to do it below, i will edit if wanted/needed.

I know some of the thinks bellow can make time to develop on this new engine, but majority of ideas i submit here are "easy to make" as long any of them seem to request a lot of works or modifications.

Please people, don't flame on this post, the point is not to say to Egosoft they have doing all wrong, but to give them an axis where focus. And if needed, explain your point of view on the ideas you submit.

I thing x rebirth need at least;

-Bug fix, (already planned, i know)

-An autosave, if possible who don't erase the quicksave slot

-ability like x3 to have more than one squad

-ability to give x3 like orders to squads & individual ships (attack, move, jump, def, follow, patrol, explore defend target, etc...)

-A function to buy and send an auto drone or a ship to explore a station and reveal all oportunity (mission, sell, buyin, docking points, point to scan etc...) Cause some points are so hidden that it can take an hour to do the 100% discover. It's fun once, less 2, a little anoying 3 time.... don't speak about doint it all long :p

-an equivalent of commercial MK3, or at least, an option for automated trading.

-a way to make capital ships easily and automaticaly repaired (on x3tc i don't care about sending ship to shipyard for restauring hull as long my shield barely never down. on rebirth, no shield so.... annoying part of the game is to send vessel one by one to dock (impossible to plan a queue for repair, actually)

-an official version to make the landing on station optional (distant calling to ppl on station) (nb: i know a mod exist, but i prefer play an unmodified game at least one time, steam achevement )

-a really customizable ship. Honestly egosoft.... you say we have only one ship for long, and you KNOW the only thing who have make ppl accept the idea before release is " a really high customization level of your vessel" ok... so 4 weapon 6 shield and 4 missile all in different MK1~5 but still the same.

-Possibility to have smaller than capital ships to command (no need to pilot them in a first stage)(like M5/4/3 /6 /7) and the RETURN of the missile frigates.

-Coupled with missile frigate, the ability to destroy missiles can be great. (seem impossible to defend my ships if missile are goint to hit them...)

-A real PC GUI. No more 6 choice contextual thing from xbox. i don't like to press 50 buttons in a row to give an order. That may be simpler for no brain player, but not much usable after few hours of game.

-An improved Map (room in / out, real fullscreen map, view of global life / shield of vessels on map)

-Autopilot should be cool cause i see a lot of ppl asking for. For myself i don't think it's much usefull as long i can use my cargo for transport me where i want.

-A REALLY improved list of proprety. with ; the shield / life, current order, current position of all vessels / stations. + The ability to sort vessels by type and hide some type + the abili.... for be simple, much like x3 menu. The property menu for X3tc is simplE to use, really, i can understand that for new players some things in x3 are hard to discover, but this one is just one of the easiest thing on x3. The interface is a little old for rebirth, yes, but the global concept and all the sorting choices are usefull.

-A better view from the capital ships. The little "sphere" where the player is parked is totaly useless for stalking battle. Why don't leave the player walk on ALL the surface of the ship? no need to design inside, just making player able to walk on the already existing hull. It's like impossible to assist at a fight for the cruisers like say in the numerous trailers, the fight is far bellow the horizon.

Other community request (from bellow)
-More diversified inside on stations, for more immersive effect.

-A cheat mod for trying things easier (pop vessel, credits etc...)

With all this fixes, i think x rebirth can have gain a 9/10 for me, cause this game have a lot of excellent new things. eg;

-New graphic style

-The new station build seem to be really cool, regardless of the loss of freedom for selecting the place for building it.

-I LOVE the way the cargo ship use their drone for trading, but it need to be auto if wanted by player.

-The global ambiant life is really cool to see.

-The new boarding system, much less random and lot more actif is nearly perfect

-The possibility to visit in fps style the station sis nice, unfortunay, stations are too small, all look the same, and the fact player haven't choice to go on for speaking to npc isn't a good idea at all for my point. I play a space opera for being in free space, not for walking for hours on (ugly) inside places.

I home someone for Egosoft read this to, i really think this game have an enormous potential, and i can understand egosoft release him soon for money problem etc... BUT, they really should release him as a beta for leave choice to players to help or not at the developement of the game in his first states.

Sorry for my english btw, i must be a little french ;)

And finaly, thanks for reading, and good luck for the next weeks of hard fixing :p
Last edited by lemdoran on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:28, edited 2 times in total.

Waervyn
x3tc

Post by Waervyn » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:10

For me the 'walking through stations' is a real immersion killer?

Why?

NOT because of the kind of bad FPS mechanisms...not because of chasing lockers and going through vents (even though I hate it).

It's because they are all the same...
If you want to make it immersive...give me the feeling that I'm walking on the station that I JUST BOARDED. I don't want to have the feeling that once I board a ship I go to some alternate universe in which the devs have made a random layout. This doesn't give me the feeling I'm actually inside the ship/station that I chose to be in.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh and for the OP, just trying to help: it's ability instead of hability.

Divine Shadow
x2

Post by Divine Shadow » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:13

All I wanted to do with Rebirth was use the in-game script editor spawn myself ships to test and play around learning how game works.

BUT I CANT!!!!!!!!! There is no in-game editor.

Let's not even get started on trying to *play* it.
-Down with the Split !!!!!
-Rolk's asteroid :P :lol:

Libertine
x3tc

Post by Libertine » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:13

it always makes me cringe when a person writes "what the community wants" ...

also, what your describing is AP with prettier Gfx ... not gonna happen.

lemdoran
x4

Post by lemdoran » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:33

Thanks for correct me :p I have edit the post adding both of you're ideas.

@ divine shadow; at this time you can modify your credits by editing your save file with notepad or any text editor. It's not exactly what you requested but that can make you able to buy ships and things in order to make an idea of "advaned" gameplay. (I personaly prefer discover slowly by myself but it's just a question about feeling :p)

@Libertine; the goal is to make a synthesis of what i see around on forum, steam etc... On a better shape than juste flaming Egosoft / other people. It's not only my wishes but also (mainly) the real community wishes. Anyway the part who speak about what the game lack / need / have to be fixed for them.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”