The straw that broke the camel's back.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sinph
x3

Post by sinph » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:44

Strum1 wrote:I'm hoping there will be DLC for this in the future.
No hope for this generation. How bout they patch up the game and deliver what they're advertising in the first place instead of forcing you to pay extra for a functional product.

Also was hoping that site's map was just incomplete, but if the entire game's really just those 4 systems, then the game's really beyond saving anytime soon.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:49

DrwHem wrote:omg theres only 4 sectors! what happened to paranid space? split space! the boron! teladi space! we have just the argon second capital and what used to be a pirate sector! omg :( now i kind of want to quit too.
The gates turned off thanks to the Supernova and are just now turning back on. But they are connecting all willy nilly. Bets are they will get there Adding new systems and expansions.

smithy87
x3tc

Post by smithy87 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 06:25

Only four systems? PANIC!!! Never mind the fact that those systems are split into sectors and then zones, but here is an idea, a lot of people don't like the highways so why don't we get rid of them? I'm sure the modders can come up with some sort of system to replace it, maybe some sort of gate network linking the zones, making each one a separate and distinct entity? Kinda reminds me of the discussions I seen over on the Elite forums: THIS GAME MUST HAVE 100 BILLION STAR SYSTEMS OR I'M NOT PLAYING IT!!!! Really? I'd much rather have 4 beautifully constructed star systems that break down into smaller sectors and zones than 100 billion star systems or even the 200-odd (sorry, cant remember the exact figure :D) sectors in X3 that were all fairly similar and laid out in a kinda bland way in the universe map. Please note that I am not knocking X3 in any way, sunk hundreds of hours into TC but I would generally find myself sitting in some little corner of the universe and it's maybe 20 surrounding sectors cos that's all I needed and tended to forget to much of what was going on elsewhere. Also, don't despair, I'm sure expanding the universe is a fairly simple matter, aside from actually designing and building them!

Cheers

Smithy
In land of the pigs, the butcher is king!

Black_Sails
x3tc

Post by Black_Sails » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 07:07

khemeher wrote:Well that's sort of the other problem, isn't it? Even if the game had no bugs & ran perfectly as intended, it would be a one-trick pony.

No matter how many times you restart, you're a 3rd rate scavenge pilot with a crazy stow-away copilot in the biggest hunk of junk in the galaxy. Unless they make HUGE changes to the game, we will never have multiple start scenarios with even more to be unlocked as we complete content. We'll never be able to run different types of ships to get a different feel to the game.

Sorry Egosoft...this isn't progress. This is exactly what you had 20 years ago with slightly improved graphics.
I just got the greatest idea for a new mod-the ability to leave Yisha behind on a station or platform. I would like to throw her out of the airlock personally, but stranding her somewhere, like a construction platform floating in space, sounds better. And then destroying the construction platform.

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 07:35

If you can cruise through aal of it in 1,5 hours then how long would it take to actually explore most of it... theres a lot more than just stations...

Engioc
x3tc

Post by Engioc » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:14

Strum1 wrote:Also since you stopped playing the campaign, that means there are some sectors still closed to you.

if you don't mind a spoiler, here is a map.. feel free to drill down on each one.
http://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/universe/
Wow, I hadn't seen that before and despite all my optimism about the game you make me feel like switching sides, that looks tiny compared to the previous games. There are only 4 sectors in each of those and Maelstrom only 3. If it wasn't for the fact its locked off until you complete missions etc you'd be able to cover that in no time at all.

I will try to remain optimistic but I don't like that map one bit, tiny.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:14

while id like to agree with this post, i cant. X3 was the only other game i played and basically all of the sectors were flat planes all basically laid out the same with a n,e,s,w gate to go to a different sector. Now you actually feel like you are in a star system, you have to travel long distances to get to other stations. I feel the world is much bigger and they will surely add new areas as the game expands. Once the green highway removal mod is totally fleshed out ill be grabbing it. and the mod community will most likely add things to the empty space.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:26

myztkl-kev wrote:while id like to agree with this post, i cant. X3 was the only other game i played and basically all of the sectors were flat planes all basically laid out the same with a n,e,s,w gate to go to a different sector. Now you actually feel like you are in a star system, you have to travel long distances to get to other stations. I feel the world is much bigger and they will surely add new areas as the game expands. Once the green highway removal mod is totally fleshed out ill be grabbing it. and the mod community will most likely add things to the empty space.
True, the X universe has never felt as real and immersive. Lets hope they can expand upon the galaxy size in addition to the gameplay elements.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

SkylineCVC

Post by SkylineCVC » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:30

For me this is the biggest gamebreaker. Exploring this four sectors surely will be fun, but after that you'll know every station and every trading route.

I think there must be 20 to 30 sectors at a minimum (better: 50+) in order to feel like X3:AP.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:33

MutantDwarf wrote:It's possible to visit every single sector in X3 in 1.5 hours, too, if you use SETA - which is what the booster and those highways are replacing.
you sir, are my hero :D

156Thelema

Re: The straw that broke the camel's back.

Post by 156Thelema » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:41

SyberSmoke wrote:You realize that the vast majority of space is...empty? I understand that you are used to X3 where you got a sector and there are a bunch of things there and you got the next...it spoon feeds you the idea that these little areas are all over.

But really...this game shows that they are not, most of the things are tightly clustered around key areas and the rest is space. And really, in my experience this have been most space games, there are areas that have stuff and the rest is the big black vacuum.

The nice thing is...there is allot of room for modders and the developers to add to the space we have and to add new systems with new things. Who knows may be some intrepid modder will look at all those wrecks and abandoned stations and do something with them. Or add new stations and quests.

It is the biggest X game to date, but that also means that it is the emptiest one. How that gets filled...or used is up for grabs.
Wow. Just...wow. The fanboys really are clutching at straws now, aren't they?

Maybe I should make THE BIGGEST SPACE SIM GAME EVER? I'll just add one station, one ship and an infinite, empty space around it. I bet you'd love it and happily pay $50 for it, right?

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:56

The sad truth is that we have been conned into buying one part of a console port, were other parts will follow in the form of DLC.

I have bought every game that ES has ever produced, and over the years become to trust them to make great, and well supported games.

All of that ends here. I consider how they have misled people into parting with a lot of money, even before release for a product they new was trash, is completely unforgivable.

I am done with you Egosoft, and I know as I turn my back on you that many will be doing the same.

Goodbye.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

Shrewd135

Re: The straw that broke the camel's back.

Post by Shrewd135 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:58

156Thelema wrote:
SyberSmoke wrote:You realize that the vast majority of space is...empty? I understand that you are used to X3 where you got a sector and there are a bunch of things there and you got the next...it spoon feeds you the idea that these little areas are all over.

But really...this game shows that they are not, most of the things are tightly clustered around key areas and the rest is space. And really, in my experience this have been most space games, there are areas that have stuff and the rest is the big black vacuum.

The nice thing is...there is allot of room for modders and the developers to add to the space we have and to add new systems with new things. Who knows may be some intrepid modder will look at all those wrecks and abandoned stations and do something with them. Or add new stations and quests.

It is the biggest X game to date, but that also means that it is the emptiest one. How that gets filled...or used is up for grabs.
Wow. Just...wow. The fanboys really are clutching at straws now, aren't they?

Maybe I should make THE BIGGEST SPACE SIM GAME EVER? I'll just add one station, one ship and an infinite, empty space around it. I bet you'd love it and happily pay $50 for it, right?

There are 109 distinct areas to visit... ALL new. No addons from a previous game... All new. You took a look at rogueys map and could not be bothered to drill down a bit... 109... in the first game they were able to give you the equivalent of a bit under 1/2 of the ap map. All new.

You guys are a piece of work. You have no idea what your are talking about but you write anyway.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”