X Rebirth making X3:AP more popular?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ciphrix

X Rebirth making X3:AP more popular?

Post by ciphrix » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:50

Me personally am completely new to the X series and was introduced to it by X Rebirth, played it, absolute garbage, but from my struggles in trying to get Rebirth to work, discovered all the praise X3:AP got (mainly from long time fans with comments on the line of X3 craps all over Rebirth).

This seems to be supported by the Steam Charts, where the trend for Rebirth in the first 3 days is a steady downward while X3 AP is a steady upward:

http://steamcharts.com/app/2870#7d
http://steamcharts.com/app/201310#7d

Btw, X3:AP, AMAZING game! I'm only a few hours in and scratching the surface, but the depth and freedom is mind blowing. Even the $50 for Rebirth and $25 I've spent is worth it just for X3 I rekon...

Timsup2nothin

Re: X Rebirth making X3:AP more popular?

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:56

ciphrix wrote:Me personally am completely new to the X series and was introduced to it by X Rebirth, played it, absolute garbage, but from my struggles in trying to get Rebirth to work, discovered all the praise X3:AP got (mainly from long time fans with comments on the line of X3 craps all over Rebirth).

This seems to be supported by the Steam Charts, where the trend for Rebirth in the first 3 days is a steady downward while X3 AP is a steady upward:

Btw, X3:AP, AMAZING game! I'm only a few hours in and scratching the surface, but the depth and freedom is mind blowing. Even the $50 for Rebirth and $25 I've spent is worth it just for X3 I rekon...
I've spent 25 bucks on X3 games myself over the years...and have something well over a thousand hours of game time. Best game value I've ever bought. I could just send Egosoft fifty bucks and it would still be the best game value I've ever bought.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:56

Well, apart from testing each version release as a beta tester, ( yeah,see my name in the credits :) ), I have gone back to playing the TC to AP mod.

I also have a "completed" AP game I am still playing.

Am waiting for all the fixes for Rebirth, before I get serious with it.
£500 to £1500 for a new rig is not worth it for playing a game as bugged as this .
So I won't be ugrading any time soon. :(

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:59

People wanted/expected to play some space x game @15 november since there was no new X game released they went back to X AP for their hunger for X games.
TTD wrote:Well, apart from testing each version release as a beta tester, ( yeah,see my name in the credits :) ...
Id keep that secret for myself...is not something to brag about :roll:
Last edited by amtct on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.

chikatilo

Re: X Rebirth making X3:AP more popular?

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:59

ciphrix wrote:Me personally am completely new to the X series and was introduced to it by X Rebirth, played it, absolute garbage, but from my struggles in trying to get Rebirth to work, discovered all the praise X3:AP got (mainly from long time fans with comments on the line of X3 craps all over Rebirth).

X3 : Underappreciated beauty of a game
Rebirth : Hyped up turd

if all the misplaced Rebirth hype shows the wonder that is X3 to some people, it served a noble purpose.

I have no idea how many hours I put in X3, I got one savegame that says 240 hours, lol. I'd give you a list of hints on amazing cool stuff you can do but i'd be here all night, MIND!

Nomadski
x4

Post by Nomadski » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:02

TTD wrote:Well, apart from testing each version release as a beta tester, ( yeah,see my name in the credits :) ), I have gone back to playing the TC to AP mod.

£500 to £1500 for a new rig is not worth it for playing a game as bugged as this .
So its YOUR fault!

:wink:

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:03

Consider the $50 spent on rebirth as a thank you to egosoft for the endless fun you can/will have with X3AP :D

I'll be hopping back in my Hyperion now, that is until I miss my springblossom, in which case i'm flying that, or any of the other 50 rare ships I own and am actually able to fly.

Oh egosoft, Y U NO STICK TO ROOTS :D

asteroidz33

Post by asteroidz33 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:05

First pirated X-TC and it felt too involving to learn everything so never played more than like 30mins.

Then XR was announced and i said hmm it looks cool, why not give X3 another go.

Bought XTC and AP on steam, forced me to play around with the controls, and once i did that i had a blast.

Since i didnt wanna burn myself on a space sim before XR, put AP on the shelf on oct 15th till XR came out.

Since saturday been playing X3AP modded with XRM and its tons of fun, thinking i could have played this for a month :shock:

Cereal_Killa
x3tc

Post by Cereal_Killa » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:10

I too have downloaded XRM and will be replaying X3:AP :D

BobVila

Post by BobVila » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:10

There's more activity on the X3:AP forums as a result of X-Rebirth as well. Even a few posts that indicate they're there because of Rebirth's failure.

On another note, I didn't know about that Steam Charts site. I find it absolutely hilarious that more people are playing Kerbal Space Program (an absolutely great, though very niche, game) than X-Rebirth.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:20

Oh man in AP I have a mod and cheatfree savegame with complete sectors that are 100% mine, full of built stations, I have a huge impact on the game economy, satelites in every stock exchange, rare M3, M3+ and corvettes guarding every important station I own.

I got Odin with 44 nova raiders, I even got some super rare Kha'Ak ships, which are totally useless but I love them because they're so cool to look at

I mean look at this and imagine the look on your face when you see it floating around in open space, abandoned, having pumped 200 hours into the game and taking it home with you, protecting it because it's rare and being able to fly around in it, through a sector that is all yours because you worked hard for it

[ external image ]

There's 19 classes of ships, about 200 different ships, all of them can have 50 different weapon systems, missiles, software upgrades, you can command fleets all over the galaxy.

I forgive them for ****** up rebirth just fondly remembering the glorious days I had with Albion :D

It has a steep learning curve, but my god is it worth it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:27

First pirated X-TC and it felt too involving to learn everything so never played more than like 30mins.
Comments about piracy is not tolerated by this forum,no matter how well intentioned.

I expect a Mod will remove these comments soon.

ciphrix

Post by ciphrix » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:29

chikatilo wrote:Oh man in AP I have a mod and cheatfree savegame with complete sectors that are 100% mine, full of built stations, I have a huge impact on the game economy, satelites in every stock exchange, rare M3, M3+ and corvettes guarding every important station I own.

I got Odin with 44 nova raiders, I even got some super rare Kha'Ak ships, which are totally useless but I love them because they're so cool to look at

I mean look at this and imagine the look on your face when you see it floating around in open space, abandoned, having pumped 200 hours into the game and taking it home with you, protecting it because it's rare and being able to fly around in it, through a sector that is all yours because you worked hard for it

There's 19 classes of ships, about 200 different ships, all of them can have 50 different weapon systems, missiles, software upgrades, you can command fleets all over the galaxy.

I forgive them for ****** up rebirth just fondly remembering the glorious days I had with Albion :D

It has a steep learning curve, but my god is it worth it.
I'm not sure what 90% of what you said meant, but it does sound impressive.

I'm currently trading Energy Cells on my Buster trying to scrap enough money together to buy a proper trading ship.

Energy Cells because of the 2 hours of trying to get the Energy Cell mission to work in Rebirth, so I'm taking my revenge on Energy Cells in X3.
Last edited by ciphrix on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:33

http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

^^ this

is your friend for the next few weeks.
say goodbye to your social life :D

Tiberseptim
x4

Post by Tiberseptim » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:34

TTD wrote:Well, apart from testing each version release as a beta tester, ( yeah,see my name in the credits :) ), I have gone back to playing the TC to AP mod.

There was a beta test of this? External closed beta or internal employee beta?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:35

ciphrix wrote:
I'm not sure what 90% of what you said meant, but it does sound impressive.

I'm currently trading Energy Cells on my Buster trying to scrap enough money together to buy a proper trading ship.

Energy Cells because of the 2 hours of trying to get the Energy Cell mission to work in Rebirth, so I'm taking my revenge on Energy Cells in X3.
:lol:

Go get 'em!

Eventually though you might consider finding a pirate sector and using the buster to just steal a freighter. The owner race will be slightly irritated, but not too much...after all, whoever flew it into pirate space should have known better.

Else you can identify the racial enemy of whoever's space you are in and steal one of their freighters as it passes through. That will also irritate them a little, but the locals will actually like you for it.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:38

if you're short on cash buy satelites, drop them off near a stock exchange, if you have the right ship upgrades (yes, there's 50 of those too, as opposed to there being one in more recent titles) you can buy and sell shares. Easiest way to make money is to go to the "natural" tab and buy when things are red, sell when things are yellow.

But there's really little point in us trying to get you to understand the game here with a few replies, just know that it takes days to learn and you'll love it forever :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:47

Tiberseptim wrote:

There was a beta test of this? External closed beta or internal employee beta?
If you look at the credits list there is a whole section where it lists the beta testers.
All I can say is I am an L5 tester with a low spec rig.

I have not checked to see if Rebirth has gone to L3 testing yet.

The Beta testers do not tell Egosoft when the games are ready to go public.
They merely send in bug reports and possible suggestions for the Devs themselves to sort out.
That is probably the publisher rather than Egosoft themselves that decide the release date.
As has been reported on Steam,there are still a number of updates that the testers will be looking at over the coming weeks and months.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”