fighting

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

fighting

Post by John McG » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 22:15

I have just started X Rebirth. Can anyone give me any tips for fighting, using keyboard and/or mouse. I got used to fighting with the other X games, but got killed in Rebirth with the first wave of drones that appeared.

Parias
x3tc

Post by Parias » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 23:50

Sit still, point at the drones, wait for them to get within range, and shoot until they explode. Use WASD to maneuver around a bit as required.

I'm actually serious - this is the tactic that worked best for me. If you chase them around and let them draw you out into an extended fight, they'll just whittle you down. Make them come to you.

crumbsdm
x4

Post by crumbsdm » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:53

Parias wrote:Sit still, point at the drones, wait for them to get within range, and shoot until they explode. Use WASD to maneuver around a bit as required.

I'm actually serious - this is the tactic that worked best for me. If you chase them around and let them draw you out into an extended fight, they'll just whittle you down. Make them come to you.
Cheaper than my method. After dying the first time I upgraded weapons and died again. I then remembered that when I was playing X3 I didn't fight small fast ships directly in a medium/heavy ship, I used Drones or missiles.

Also to target you need to left click on them and it will give you a "leading" icon to fire at.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”