X3AP Notoriety issue: How do you lock the notoriety/relations of a race to friendly?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LEO_zinc
x4

X3AP Notoriety issue: How do you lock the notoriety/relations of a race to friendly?

Post by LEO_zinc » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 20:32

I ran over a few Argon ships during the story line. Now all Argon show up red and my side auto turrets attack them sometimes making the situation worse. I need my relations fixed, but nothing I do helps. I have used the “set notoriety script” and the “set to friend status” and the “fix sector relations” on different ships but they all stay red and sometimes attack me. I used comm to say weapons fire was an accident but that only worked a few times. I need a relations cheat or patch to fix this problem. I restarted the game but it happened again because during a fight some of my turrets missed the enemy and hit Argon ships. HOW DO YOU LOCK THE NOTORIETY/RELATIONS OF A RACE TO FRIENDLY?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:42

Try going to global settings and set Argon to enemy then brodcast that to all your ships then immediately set them to friendly and broadcast again.

That usually fixes it for me.

LEO_zinc
x4

Post by LEO_zinc » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 17:54

WOW! What an easy fix to a long problem. Thank you very much.

Going to global settings and set Argon to enemy then broadcasting to all reachable properties then immediately setting them to friendly and broadcasting again work. Now I can continue with my story line with all turrets in auto.

Thank you joelR.

CWM

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 18:51

*moved to X Trilogy Universe, since it's not an S&M issue*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

04ihegba
x3

Post by 04ihegba » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:02

Usually, without mods:

If you shoot an freidnly vessel and they all turn red to you, use C to comms them and apologise for it and they will all return to blue. This is providing that your haven't taken such a notoriety hit by actually destroying a lighter vessel or continuing to fight.
Rig:
Sandy Bridge i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz
Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4
Geforce 560Ti 1GB
8GB Crucial DDR3-12800 RAM
6TB of HDD, 256GB Agility 3

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:34

Yeah, basically each of your ships has its own setting for Friend or Enemy. So if the Argon police shoots one of your TS transports because it was carrying illegal spacefuel, then that TS will set all Argons to enemy. So you have to broadcast the global settings to all the ships that Argons are friends.

Otherwise, if you keep shooting the ships of a race, they will hate you more and more and eventually turn all red on you. You can broadcast to your ships that they're friendly, but in this case they really really hate you so they will be red still.

You have to try to do missions or kill their enemies in order to repair your standings. And as you repair your standings back to neutral, some of their stations and ships will turn blue friendly again, but some will stay red.

This is where you have to personally fly to the vicinity of the red ships and comm them and apologize for shooting by mistake, in order to turn them blue. This only works on ships, and only if you have high standings to be blue but the ship stayed red for some reason.

Otherwise for stations that are red you need to pay for a "hack" mission from a pirate to turn the station blue.

And if the station has laser towers around it, you have to fly one of your scout ships (not yourself) remotely to near the laser tower while looking at the map, to turn it blue.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:35

Concerning unfriendly Lasertowers, I solve that by dumping a NavSat in the sector, leaving sector and taking a look back at it through the galaxy map. Provided your rep with that race isn't too bad, this usually fixes it.

If you've made some people angry, try talking to Capital Ships in that sector and apologise. Usually works.

Of course, sometimes it doesn't work and you have a sector full of military ships out for your blood. I guess the only solution to this is to save often and in several different slots.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 15:00

I had a weird situation in my game. I have befriended the pirates after starting as a nostalgic Argon. All their stations were friendly, and it was very rare to encounter even a hostile fighter. However there was one M2 in Void of Opportunity that was red. I couldn't comm it to apologize though. That never seems to appear as an option for pirates no matter how friendly.
So I finally boarded it. Was there any other way?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 15:28

If you friendly with pirates, scanning them can sometimes turn red ones blue.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 15:35

Yes, I know that trick, but it doesn't work on capital ships I don't think. In any case, it certainly didn't on this one. It's mine now, and I've repaired my rep with the rest of the pirates as a result. So, all is well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”