Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

[Request] No you shut up

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:33

Requesting a mod where, whenever Yisha tells Betty to shut up, she'll reply "No you shut up!" Bonus points if it actually removes all of Yishas annoying pointless commentary from there on out. :roll:

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:50

I could't agree more. What is the point of that quote every few minutes!

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:52

Thirded!
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 19:39

how about, just giving Betty some Sass... enough to argue with Yisha (and tell her to "shut up yourself" on occasion)
maybe a touch of wit and or sarcasm...

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 19:47

this! million times this!! someone please make Yisha shut up
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 19:50

Yes. Please kill Yisha and apply a transparent PNG all over her texture map so that I don't have to see her ever again.

EDIT: I've been looking inside the dat files trying to find the audio files for Yisha's lines, but I wasn't able to find them (possibly because the file names are just numbers and there's tons of them). I was hopping to replace them with silence audio files.

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:04

SirDeathwalker wrote:how about, just giving Betty some Sass... enough to argue with Yisha (and tell her to "shut up yourself" on occasion)
maybe a touch of wit and or sarcasm...
Betty is pretty much the best character in the entire series. Always cold, concise and to the point. That alone puts her well above 99% of real people I know. So really, if they wanted to make character interaction a thing, they should have expanded on Betty as a character. :roll:

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:37

Pardon?

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:44

I have figured out how to remove Yisha from the game through save game editting. However, after she's gone, the ENTER key doesn't work anymore, nor do the period and comma keys. I can dock to stations and she's not there (although the chair moves as if she were).

I will keep trying.

EDIT:
What I was trying to do is, comparing a save file from the start of the campaign (where she is not in your ship yet), and a normal freeplay save, set the state of your ship to that in which Yisha has not yet entered.

From what I can tell, she is hardcoded to the ship controls. She is defined as a crew member with her slot being the command room (your cockpit). However, you can't remove her. I've tried deleting her completely, and even assigning her to another ship (a random Whole Foods ship that was passing by). She disappears from sight all right, but the game just won't let you browse menus without her present. A pitty.

I've learned that Betty is also listed as a crew member, class "computer". At least she is no second grade citizen.

I'm guessing that, since Yisha is hardcoded, the only way to get rid of her (or her comments), would be to track down related data files and replace them with empty content (transparent textures, or a tiny invisible model, and silence audio files).

I'm currently looking through the game assets using the .cat explorer, but I don't have high hopes, as most of the file names are not descriptive at all. EDIT 2: Wrong. It's that the filter in the X Rebirth Cat reader program doesn't work properly. I have to look manually.

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:16

After listening to around 400 audio files I have located the one you have to mod. The "Now shut up Betty" file is:

Code: Select all

voice-L044/10003/normal/16040.ogg
I don't know in what dat file it is. I extracted all of them to look for it. But it shouldn't be difficult to locate.

ioae

Post by ioae » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:34

snwboardn21
x4

Two Ideas... not sure where to get started

Post by snwboardn21 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:59

First off we have to get rid of all these info nodes. I don't mind the ones that say how much hull and damage a particular section has but having to go to a bunch of different nodes to find trade deals and what-not is very counter-intuitive. Quite frankly immersion breaking.

So what I am wondering is how Rebirth sees objects, does it see a whole station with a bunch of nodes? Or does it just see individual nodes with no relation to each other.

If it is number one we should be able to create an array and then make one point of contact for every station. Then we can move onto sector trading, sector prices and all of that good stuff. Right now trading is a joke and HAS got to be fixed.

With that said, they obviously took the time to gather individual stats from every station. If we can get targeting hotkeys it would be great to have one for target next ship, which would target the entire ship and have a sub command of target next module, that would target each individual module on both ships and stations.

Anyone truly ambitious could take the info that you normally have to get by flying up to an info node and import a 3d wireframe model on our right MFD so that we have a visual representation of each module and it's status.
"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

ioae

Post by ioae » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:11

I'd imagine it sees it as the entire station, since those nodes are all delegated to a certain sector, etc, etc.

But you're right. I think the trading system does need a major revision. Can't tell you how many times I've hit "R" thinking it'd pull up my properties and end up accidentally sending a rocket into a station. :P

ioae

Post by ioae » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:13

I'd imagine it sees it as the entire station, since those nodes are all delegated to a certain sector, etc, etc.

But you're right. I think the trading system does need a major revision. Can't tell you how many times I've hit "R" thinking it'd pull up my properties and end up accidentally sending a rocket into a station. :P

Dawud
x4

[Request]Target Hud Mod

Post by Dawud » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:27

Those two Big circles in the middle of the screen should help to find a target.

I for myself find them way to big, and irritating
i would prefer the arrows only.

Liked the minimal & the military Hud for X

Cause i want to see space, not circles.
Live iX beautiful

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:54

well, instead of replacing with an empty file or tiny invisible one, how about a Balrog (the big flaming demon from Lord of the Rings)

-a flaming demon telling the computer to shut up in her girly voice....
\

zurakx
x3tc

Post by zurakx » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:19

It cant just be a "no you shut up"

it has to be a venomous rant that lasts like a minute. personal attacks, hitting below the belt ect. the sort of rant that when you see happen IRL the entire room is quite afterwards.

and then make it so yisha never tells betty to shut up after that :D
300 pages of complaining before release or bust!

Kirmari
x4

Post by Kirmari » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:42

temporary solution if you have a keyboard with marco keys you can set it to quicksave every ect 20 min as i program min to do it oslo have a potential of ower write a quicksave in wrong time and ruin it *like in Combat just as you die* :evil: so if you use it

USE IT WIT QURSION!!

and make a save as soon it does it at least it can be use as a reminder

:rant: "autosave got my brain :evil: to forget :oops:"

20 min in millisecond '1200000' does not show in pic nr was to big :P

yea i remap the key F5 to + on the numlock to quick asses

sorry for my bad english *it not my native*

Picture
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqsKb ... sp=sharing

Kirmari
x4

Re: the first thing that modders should implement :D

Post by Kirmari » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:51

jwt22 wrote:
lordpixxie wrote:more gunz!!!

because c'mon. 4 guns? that's all we've got for a 4x "sandbox" game?

i demand moar gunz!!!

you dont need more guns you need a bigger gun :P :D

I agree bigger gunz
more gunz will not hurt ether :P

jeroll3d
x3ap

[request] View all sectors

Post by jeroll3d » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:01

Please, request 'cheats' to revel all sectors

:lol:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”