Building Ships

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CARISMBLUE
x2

Building Ships

Post by CARISMBLUE » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 20:01

Hey,

anyone managed to build a ship in free play at the moment? When I bought my ship it said that it's going to take around three hours. But it's definatly over three hours now and doesn't even look close to complete. I can't find anything to see my progress too. The ship dealer is not there anymore (replaced by another ship dealer that doesn't tell me the current progress). Are there any other ways?

I'm ok if it is a bug for now but if it's how it should be, buidling ships takes way too long. I also see another ship being build at the shipyard and it's not finished yet either.

Alysin
x4

Post by Alysin » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 20:06

My ships are being built perfectly and no hickups. Sometimes i end up at a shipyard when somethig's already being built. Once it's done, i have to leave and return to make my own order.

But as fas as stuck on 0 or at any percentage, i havent encountered.
It can be a bug or that the shipyard is out of materials. Only indication of that could be examining the offers they have, but that don't give you a definitive yes or no, just possibly see a hint in the material orders they have.
That latter is just an assumption. I got no sollution.

CARISMBLUE
x2

Post by CARISMBLUE » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 20:11

Ok I found my ship dealer again and my ship is still at 0% :(

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:00

I'm having the same problem atm. Bought a ship and it is still at 0% after 15 minutes. I thought maybe the build time is supposed to be hours, which in my case would be 4.5 hours? But there is no time unit specified. The station shows an info icon saying that it is currently buying 2 force projectors, which is exactly the number to be installed in my ship. But without a freighter (free play), how am supposed to deliver those, ignoring the fact that I have no idea where I can even buy them.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:07

Mine are building fine, touch wood.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:12

werewolves? wrote:Mine are building fine, touch wood.
Did you wait hours or minutes, what was the estimate? Maybe I chose a badly undersuplied sector (Devoid Clime - Eternal Dawn).

CARISMBLUE
x2

Post by CARISMBLUE » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:13

Well I started building the ship yesterday afternoon, so several hours have passed since then and it did not get past 0% progress. The station seems to be out of stock or it's really a bug. But I can't fill the stock of the station without owning a trading ship.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:14

Seems to be anywhere from minutes to hours. This is in DeVries.

CARISMBLUE
x2

Post by CARISMBLUE » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:15

Hordak wrote:
werewolves? wrote:Mine are building fine, touch wood.
Did you wait hours or minutes, what was the estimate? Maybe I chose a badly undersuplied sector (Devoid Clime - Eternal Dawn).
That's where I am too. If we could at least cancel the order I'd move on to another shipyard.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:19

CARISMBLUE wrote:That's where I am too. If we could at least cancel the order I'd move on to another shipyard.
Well, luckily I saved before I bought the ship ;), but having to fly back all the way to Albion would be a total joy killer.

CARISMBLUE
x2

Post by CARISMBLUE » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:21

Hordak wrote:
CARISMBLUE wrote:That's where I am too. If we could at least cancel the order I'd move on to another shipyard.
Well, luckily I saved before I bought the ship ;), but having to fly back all the way to Albion would be a total joy killer.
I have a save game too, but serveral hours have passed since then and I'm not sure if I should go back. And as you said the way to Albion is not really close.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:13

Well, I've let the game run for hours on its own now and the ship still hasn't been built, it's still at 0%. I'm angry now.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:16

Hordak wrote:Well, I've let the game run for hours on its own now and the ship still hasn't been built, it's still at 0%. I'm angry now.
Does the station have the wares?.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:34

Haven't look and haven't saved, so I can't check, sorry.

ZoiN
x4

Post by ZoiN » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:02

Had this happen to me once in campaign mode, every shipyard was blocked by the AI building ships, though it didden't progress on any of them.

Seems like that ship construction gets stuck once in a while :/ - you can most likely fix it through the save file somehow, just dont know how to D:

cherrycoke

Post by cherrycoke » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:15

I have a similar problem, except mine gets stuck at certain percentages.
When I went to the ship dealer, the progress bar started. I left the dealer and went out to observe the ship being built in the yard from the Skunk. At this point it was still progressing since you could see the outline of the ship getting more solid.

Having built a smaller ship before without any hiccups, I left my PC to get some snacks, around 30 minutes afk.

When I got back, the outline was still half-built. Went back to check on the dealer to see the actual percentage numbers and saw it was stuck at 17%.

Reloaded to a save before I purchased ship, went through purchase process again.
Bar started progressing but this time, got stuck at 33%. Decided to try again.
Reloaded -> Bought ship -> stuck at 35%.
One last time. Reloaded -> Bought ship -> stuck at 34%.
Decided to leave PC on overnight in-game after reading some things about station needing to be supplied materials, figuring that after more than 10 hours the economy would have provided the mats to the station by now.

Still stuck at 34% right now.

Have not played for long, but can somebody confirm if lacking materials has anything to do with it?

If that was the case, why was it stuck at 17% at first, then 35% then 34%?

If it is, would doing the station missions help? Do I have to provide the turrets manually ala weapons fabs hunting ala older X games?

If it was an economy thing where the station would need to be resupplied by the AI, how long would it take for ships to get built without player interference? 10 hours seems a long time for 1 ship to be building...

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:38

The only reason I'm thinking it is a lack of materials is my shipyard has missions for a number of components they need for building ships.

cherrycoke

Post by cherrycoke » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 10:53

Hmm i'm beginning to lean towards it being a bug.

Right after i posted, I loaded up again right before i purchased the ship (learned from elder scrolls days of saving before doing anything >_>)

Lo and behold, when I looked closely, the progress bar breached the 33-35 mark and was going 44...45...48... ok maybe it's fixed now! hurray!

NOT! i take my eyes off the screen for a few seconds, and when i look back it's stuck now ... AT 33%!

Now it regressed? I am 100% sure it was moving past the 33% mark...

I'm posting since most of the people here who have ship building problems are stuck at 0%... may be an offshoot of that problem.

I seem to be able to move past 0% ... but not to completion on this particular ship.

Krunch
x3ap

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:18

I am sure it is a lack of resources for your station. If you edit your save you can check the required materials for your ship to build and the available materials on the station.

Panzertard
x4

Post by Panzertard » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:05

How to fix stale resources at shipyard building your ship.

Use an editor such as notepad++ or similar tools.
- Make a backup of your most recent XML-savegame file before you edit it! Edit at you own risk.
You'll find your savegames in "Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\123123\save" - the number may have changed though.

1. Open your savegame, search for your ship.
Mine was a Balor, and the code I was looking for was "units_size_l_single_attack_ship", so I searched through a few of the one's until I found mine under construction.
Ship reference guide here: http://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/ships/balor/

You can also search for these keywords, or parts of it:

Code: Select all

state="construction" owner="player" knownto="player"
Example, I found my ship here:

<connections>
<connection connection="connection_dockingbay01" macro="connection_dockingbay01">
<component class="dockingbay" macro="props_surf_ar_docks_size_l_inv_macro" connection="connection_component01" seed="1504585008" id="[0xbac0]">
<offset>
<position x="-1.646" y="27.401" z="105.925"/>
<rotation yaw="180"/>
</offset>
<connections>
<connection connection="dock#part_dummy">
<component class="ship_l" macro="units_size_l_single_attack_ship_macro" connection="dock" 
state="construction" owner="player" knownto="player" id="[0xbac1]">
<listeners>
<listener listener="[0xbabf]" event="killed"/>
</listeners>
<animations>
<animation part="anim_poslights"> 
2. Find the missing warez:
- Notice a section before (near your ship component) with "waitingforresources". Usually just above.
- You'll find a list of the missing resources. Remove the list of resources.

Example of the missing resources:

<build start="74733" steps="1" type="build" state="waitingforresources">
<resources>
<ware ware="bioopticwiring" amount="124"/>
<ware ware="energycells" amount="480"/>
<ware ware="foodrations" amount="290"/>
<ware ware="fusionreactor" amount="18"/>
<ware ware="holtzmanfieldgenerator" amount="26"/>
<ware ware="microchips" amount="118"/>
<ware ware="plasmaflowregulator" amount="22"/>
<ware ware="reinforcedmetalplating" amount="58"/>
<ware ware="scanningarray" amount="58"/>
<ware ware="shieldgenerator" amount="3"/>
<ware ware="machinegunturret" amount="8"/>
</resources>
<components>
<component component="[0xbac1]"/>
</components>
</build>
Delete the resources. Example after edit:

<build start="74733" steps="1" type="build" state="waitingforresources">
<resources>
</resources>
<components>
<component component="[0xbac1]"/>
</components>
</build>
3. save the XML-file again.
Load up X-Rebirth with your savegame and watch you ship being built.
/Panzertard

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”