Occasional Skunk Hull Damage

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Timbuk2
x4

Occasional Skunk Hull Damage

Post by Timbuk2 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 11:37

My ship occasionally gets damaged in combat while I'm out and about doing this and that.

Is there any way I can do repairs on the fly, without visiting a station?

Something about having an engineer on board, and using repair or construction drones or summink?

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:34

Anyone?

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:39

If you have an engineer in the back, you should be able to menu -> crew and then tell them to 'repair ship'. You may need constructor drones too, but try without first. Not sure if you need constructor drones if it's the Skunk.
Sig

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:42

You don't need constructor drones, and you probably won't see "repair ship", but the engineer will repair your ship over time and/or when you dock.

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:04

I don't think the engineer repairs hull damage, though? Just subsystem damage.

Deritus
x4

Post by Deritus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:10

It is just subsystem damage, and he'll only get it working again - you still have to pay to repair it when you dock to get the full functionality back, at least for weapons.

The engineers are supposed to do the same for the capital ships, but so far that's been hit and miss (almost always miss - I've only seen non-player owned ships do it). I thought it was working at one point for a capital ship I'd boarded, but it appears that they managed to just repair the engines/jump drive (barely) during the boarding attempt after the pods were away.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:15

Code: Select all

<label name="start" />
      <!-- calculate values based on engineer skill and amount of welder drones -->
      <set_value name="$repairpersec" exact="1.0 + (this.combinedskill / 25.0)" comment="between 1 and 5" />
      <do_all exact="unitcategory.welder.maxmk" counter="$i">
        <set_value name="$repairpersec" operation="add" exact="this.ship.units.{unitcategory.welder}.mk.{$i}.count * $i" />
      </do_all>
      <set_value name="$maxhullpercent" exact="75" />
That's from the player engineer AI script.

Unitcategory.welders are construction URVs.

It implies the intended behavior is an ability to repair hull values up to 75% using construction URVs, at a speed determined by skill and number of URVs.

However, since components use hull values too, it might only be for components...
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:20

Halconnen wrote:I don't think the engineer repairs hull damage, though? Just subsystem damage.
I docked to the Rahanas and told my engineer to repair. Got my Skunk back up to 100%. I assumed it would work if the engineer was in the back too.
Sig

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”