[TOOL] XRSaveEditor v03b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stk25
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:44
x3ap

[TOOL] XRSaveEditor v03b

Post by stk25 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:42

Make sure to backup your saves before using this tool! I'm not responsible for any loss of data caused by using it!

If you encounter any bugs please make a post in this thread explaining what happened, preferably including a link to the savegame you tried to edit

Features:
- Save info editor, can edit the save name and date
- Player details editor which lets you edit your name, money and location (changing ship location isn't implemented yet though)
- Game details editor, can edit the game version, build, time played and original version
- Extension editor to remove extensions from the save
- Faction editor, right now only allows you to edit faction relations
- Entity editor, very WIP, only lets you view some of the ingame entities stored in the save

UPDATE: v03b
Fixed a bug with non-english locales, it's a temp fix though

UPDATE: v03a
Fixed a small bug with saving leftover from debugging

UPDATE: v03
Changelog:
- Added extension editor, only allows removing right now
- Added faction editor, very WIP, atm you can only edit faction relations with it
- Added entity editor, nowhere close to being finished, right now you can view a list of entities (but not all of them, I need to do more research..)
- Fixed Exit button not exiting (thanks to smeggysmeg for reporting!)

v03 requires .NET 3.5, v02 only needs .NET 2.0

To remove extensions right click on the extension and press delete, you can also select multiple ones and delete them.

To change relations choose a faction in the faction editor, right click the faction in the relations section and press edit faction, you can also multiselect factions to change. If you only have one faction selected you will be prompted whether you want to edit that factions relation with your selected faction instead.

Old readme:
This is just a simple tool I cooked up to make editing your money easier, I don't really condone cheating but seeing as people want to cheat I may as well help them not mess up :D

Pros:
  • No more XML editing
    No more worrying about editing the wrong value
    Simple to use
Cons:
  • Highly untested, only tried it with my saves
    No error checking, make sure you only try to open save files
    Very basic, I plan to add other features (like removing extensions) soon
Editing money will also edit all the other values to do with money too, quick and painless 8)

Download
{link removed as it was no longer valid and had been replaced by a dodgy redirect - CBJ}

Any feedback is appreciated :wink:
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:18, edited 12 times in total.

whitepony2005
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 5. Nov 10, 08:13

Post by whitepony2005 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 21:46

Works like a charm on my saves.


Many profits to you.

BlueSabor
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue, 27. Jul 04, 19:41
x4

Post by BlueSabor » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:31

Thank you for this, works great." :D
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO (LGA1151) Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Corsair Hydro H115i CPU Cooler.
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
500GB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2.
Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

smeggysmeg
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 23. Aug 06, 19:08
x3tc

Post by smeggysmeg » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:35

It looks good.

However, File - Exit does not appear to work.

User avatar
enenra
Posts: 6174
Joined: Fri, 8. Apr 05, 19:09
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:51

Use this. :)

Image

Tokfan
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri, 2. Apr 04, 12:04
x3

Post by Tokfan » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:06

Any chance of adding editing of player owned property?

not adding ships from scratch bit editing existing ones, in terms of crew, cargo etc, it could be a fuctional workaround for the Fatal error bug that occurs when occasionally buying ships, if possible.
Me, Myself and X

stk25
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:44
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:45

smeggysmeg wrote:It looks good.

However, File - Exit does not appear to work.
Oh yeah forgot about that, thanks for letting me know. It'll be fixed in the next release
Tokfan wrote:Any chance of adding editing of player owned property?

not adding ships from scratch bit editing existing ones, in terms of crew, cargo etc, it could be a fuctional workaround for the Fatal error bug that occurs when occasionally buying ships, if possible.
Sure it should be possible, I haven't got far enough in the game to really mess with ships yet though (damn 100 energy cells :evil:)
If I could get some example saves of before change & after change I should be able to work something out
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

Tokfan
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri, 2. Apr 04, 12:04
x3

Post by Tokfan » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:15

stk25 wrote:
smeggysmeg wrote:It looks good.

However, File - Exit does not appear to work.
Oh yeah forgot about that, thanks for letting me know. It'll be fixed in the next release
Tokfan wrote:Any chance of adding editing of player owned property?

not adding ships from scratch bit editing existing ones, in terms of crew, cargo etc, it could be a fuctional workaround for the Fatal error bug that occurs when occasionally buying ships, if possible.
Sure it should be possible, I haven't got far enough in the game to really mess with ships yet though (damn 100 energy cells :evil:)
If I could get some example saves of before change & after change I should be able to work something out
If i can manage to actually get some of ships working i'd be happy to help, although an easy fix to find the variable should be to simply create a save just before you dock to add a captain to the first cargo ship in the plot and then another after the captain was added, it should work for a basic comparison, then possibly just before loading energy cells into the ship and just after (if it loaded at all)
Me, Myself and X

kajanov
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat, 13. Jan 07, 15:34
x4

Post by kajanov » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:43

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =196174694
is a guide for manually editing save games and some other "in-game" workarrounds. Also contains guides for editing ships' cargo and drones

Any chance of adding these edits to the editor?

Thanks a lot for your work so far. it is much appreciated

stk25
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:44
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 23:12

kajanov wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =196174694
is a guide for manually editing save games and some other "in-game" workarrounds. Also contains guides for editing ships' cargo and drones

Any chance of adding these edits to the editor?

Thanks a lot for your work so far. it is much appreciated
Ah thanks for the link, I'll take a look through that tomorrow.
I already got some ship editing code started (screenshot), it was funny moving all the ships (+ my own) to {0,0,0} and seeing everything crash into each other :P
I don't think I managed to detect all the ships in the save though.. e.g. If I moved all of them except the players there were still some stations in my sector, not sure why they weren't moved, this might take a while :gruebel:
enenra wrote:Use this. :)

Image
Didn't see your post, updated the OP. Many thanks :D
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

stk25
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:44
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:15

Updated to v03, now lets you remove extensions and edit faction relations. Entity editing is WIP, you can only view entities and NPCs right now.

Full changelog in OP
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

jeroll3d
Posts: 646
Joined: Thu, 26. Jun 08, 02:28
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:51

Well. Great job :)

But, i just open a save file and add money, save and... race declare war? :gruebel: How i corrige this? :? :? :?

Plutarch X Albion - look the default valor, please. :)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

mario5102
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 27. Sep 12, 13:05
x4

Post by mario5102 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:54

hello I have a problem when I load my save it shows me an error message:
An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue dee. If you click Quit, the application will stop immediately.

The format of the input string is incorrect
Oh and I play the game in French, sorry for the language, I'm French.

I precise that my game is v1.13 and that the V03A the save editor.
Last edited by mario5102 on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

stk25
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:44
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:54

jeroll3d wrote:Well. Great job :)

But, i just open a save file and add money, save and... race declare war? :gruebel: How i corrige this? :? :? :?

Plutarch X Albion - look the default valor, please. :)
Well that's strange, it must be saving the faction relations wrong...
If you open your save directory there should be a .bak backup file there, just delete the .xml for the save and change the .bak to be .xml
If you could rar/zip and upload the .bak file too I can try to figure this out, doesn't seem to be happening with my saves :gruebel:
mario5102 wrote:hello I have a problem when I load my save it shows me an error message:
An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue dee. If you click Quit, the application will stop immediately.

The format of the input string is incorrect
Oh and I play the game in French, sorry for the language, I'm French.
Weird, I thought the saves would be the same between languages... Could you upload yours too for me to test?
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

mario5102
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 27. Sep 12, 13:05
x4

Post by mario5102 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:02

save_002.xml.zip - 4.3 MB

Here the .bak and .XML file.[/url]

I tested the quick save and save 01 and so is this crash.
I saw that the game is spent in 1.14 is it possible that this is the problem?
Last edited by mario5102 on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”