[MOD] NESA - Never Enter Stations Again (V0.9.2 Beta, 2nd Apr 2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saheike
x4

Post by Saheike » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 18:12

See the edited post above. You cannot do anything.

It is that the screen doesn´t react anymore and I must end the game manually. :evil:

:oops:
Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 18:22

I never used this "debug mod", but i'm using NESA like ... always. I wouldn't play the game without it, to be honest. xD
And it doesn't even touch traded objects.
Also using 1.22RC2 i never encountered that problem once with NESA.

Are you sure you checked your other mods?
1. New game!
2. Does it work correctly without any mods installed?
3. -> If it does, only install NESA and check if it still works.
4. -> If it does, it has to be another mod, if not, its NESA.

When you are testing mods on a save a broken mod might have screwed already it can be quite hard to find out what causes the problem.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 19:45

I have no issues at all with NESA in 1.22, I'd imagine one of your other mods is trying to edit the same things.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Saheike
x4

Nesa

Post by Saheike » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 01:35

Strange is that it worked under 1.21 all fine and now under 1.22 such a problem. :roll:

29.12.2013 Now NESA works again. Seems that it had a conflict with another mod but don´t aks me which it was.

Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

jayman1000

Post by jayman1000 » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 17:48

Thank God(Mad_Joker) for this mod!

Sc00by
x4

Post by Sc00by » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 22:33

Sorry if I have resurrected an old(ish) post but does this work with the update for 1.25 with the smalltalk.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 04:42

You'll still have to enter stations for smalltalk
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 08:17

Yup, I decided long ago that I wouldn't include the smalltalk bit, since a) smalltalk makes more sense face to face without cluttering communication frequencies, and b) I didn't like the smalltalk feature in the first place xD

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 09:49

Mad_Joker wrote:Yup, I decided long ago that I wouldn't include the smalltalk bit, since a) smalltalk makes more sense face to face without cluttering communication frequencies, and b) I didn't like the smalltalk feature in the first place xD
Thank you for making the mod as that can't be said enough. I would've uninstalled this game right away last year if you didn't create this amazing mod (should be standard in vanilla) to address this gross oversight. I don't think anyone can fault you for your distaste of the small talk mini game along with some others.

Here's to hoping they add a more sensible approach to trade updates like a license purchase at each particular station or an expensive one off for each faction that's set it and forget it. Might help with all the easy money to be made in the game if we can blow it on useful things besides a ship or station.

Sc00by
x4

Post by Sc00by » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 01:54

YorrickVander wrote:You'll still have to enter stations for smalltalk
Mad_Joker wrote:Yup, I decided long ago that I wouldn't include the smalltalk bit, since a) smalltalk makes more sense face to face without cluttering communication frequencies, and b) I didn't like the smalltalk feature in the first place xD
Thanks for confirmation :)

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Wed, 2. Apr 14, 22:18

Ladies and Gents,

I have just released NESA V0.9.2 which makes the mod compatible with patch 1.30 as well as bringing it to the Steam workshop. Please note that there are additional steps to be peformed for mod configuration if you download NESA through the workshop (see the first post or the README.txt for necessary steps).

Hafe vun!

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Thu, 3. Apr 14, 17:35

Mad, i use version anterior and no problem in here.
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

darkelf1

Post by darkelf1 » Wed, 9. Apr 14, 18:05

Nice work :lol: :lol:

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 07:17

Getting a lot of error messages related to NESA in the debug log when playing. Do I need to worry about them? Mod seems to work fine..
1.30 RC6, latest NESA version

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 08:08

Endeavour79 wrote:Getting a lot of error messages related to NESA in the debug log when playing. Do I need to worry about them? Mod seems to work fine..
Can you please post the errors here? There are a lot of them which are harmless, and I can't do anything about, but I will only know if that is the case if I see the messages.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 10:23

Mad_Joker wrote:
Endeavour79 wrote:Getting a lot of error messages related to NESA in the debug log when playing. Do I need to worry about them? Mod seems to work fine..
Can you please post the errors here? There are a lot of them which are harmless, and I can't do anything about, but I will only know if that is the case if I see the messages.

[timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: LookupKeyName::LookupName(): The key name "add" is not recognized in lookup 'ScriptXML'. Originated from: "extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Architect.xml.(pck|xml)"

[timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: LookupKeyName::LookupName(): The key name "add" is not recognized in lookup 'ScriptXML'. Originated from: "extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Architect.xml.(pck|xml)"

[timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: Error loading MD file extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Architect.xml: Invalid root node

[timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: Error loading MD file extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Staff.xml: Invalid root node

Same error repeat for all different NPC classes..

Is there a way to write out a log file so that I don't have to copy&paste each entry?

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 13:19

Endeavour79 wrote: [timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: LookupKeyName::LookupName(): The key name "add" is not recognized in lookup 'ScriptXML'. Originated from: "extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Architect.xml.(pck|xml)"

[timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: Error loading MD file extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Architect.xml: Invalid root node

[timestamp: 1397198346]: Error: Error loading MD file extensions\NESA\md\NPC_Staff.xml: Invalid root node

Same error repeat for all different NPC classes..

Is there a way to write out a log file so that I don't have to copy&paste each entry?
First, those messages are normal and there is nothing I can do about them :(

Secondly, there is a log file in "My Documents/Egosoft/X Rebirth" called rebirth.log.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 14:11

Sounds like its safe to use then. Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 15. May 14, 03:56

Since they have implemented this in the game, this doesn't seem to be compatible anymore. However, the egosoft version of this does not allow you to COMM people on your own stations. Since I use the build shipyard mod, which places ship traders on my shipyards, I need to be able to comm them from space. Any way you could possibly update the mod so it will still work? Thanks.

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Thu, 15. May 14, 10:58

BlackRain wrote:Since they have implemented this in the game, this doesn't seem to be compatible anymore. However, the egosoft version of this does not allow you to COMM people on your own stations. Since I use the build shipyard mod, which places ship traders on my shipyards, I need to be able to comm them from space. Any way you could possibly update the mod so it will still work? Thanks.
What exactly isn't working? I did a cursory test when the patch was released, and I seemed to be able to comm people.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”