[MOD] YorrickEconomyThing [v0.02 OP update 8-1-14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

[MOD] YorrickEconomyThing [v0.02 OP update 8-1-14]

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 00:37

Yorrick's Economy Thing 0.02
===================

*** Note - this was made for patches <= 1.22rc2, newer versions might not need this and it may even cause negative results in newer game versions. Will update this post as testing progresses ***

v0.02 - Add same change to roving npc traders, much more effective overall.
Removed the EC production increase.

Upgrade : copy new files to /extensions and remove wares.xml

What is it?
-----------

Playing about with db snapshots of the economy it seems to me that the economy stalls after a few hours play because the npc traders can only buy high and sell low. Even the AI isnt that silly. So with this in mind I decided to tell them to be stupid and do it anyway.

Real game money never changes hands on these deals, and the player seem to have no control over the prices charged by their stations without resorting to save editing. This also apparently has no effect on the prices spread by npcs during testing. So, npc traders no longer look for profit on their trades. This has the effect in my testing of roughly 300% market order increase after a few hours and seems to settle at this magnitude.

Please consider this mod a test over long term use - I have no idea what will happen to your save files if you use it :)

Practical results were that I could leave my construction ship and have it's orders filled reasonably quickly, similarly the station buy orders that have never been touched before are now gaining npc visits :)

Please do give me feedback on the results of use.

Also note that this won't fix Devries or Omicron markets as there aren't enough factories there until the player builds them.

D/L at Nexus
http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/344/?
Last edited by YorrickVander on Wed, 8. Jan 14, 13:07, edited 2 times in total.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 00:57

Updated for roving freighters.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 10:24

Why did you change the Energy Cell increase if you don't mind my asking?

I have the mod but haven't played around with it.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 12:17

After more afk testing over the holiday the EC levels started to get quite high in albion, and frankly I wasn't entirely happy about that change. Standard production with the second alteration to the NPCs, on my test game from freeplay start, has been going going ok without it. If things appear to be stalling again you can always reintroduce the wares.xml from v0.01 and see if that cures it.

Raynn

Post by Raynn » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 19:23

Is it compatible with Jey's Functional Trader ?

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 19:33

The question is this: is Jey's funcitonal trader fix (not official mod yet as its not in an extension format) compatible with the current patch? I simply want to point out that it is not. On top of that, once Jey releases the official mod version of his fixes, this mod will conflict with it as Jey's fixes revolve around a working economy that relies on ships trading to make profit whereas this mod changes a few lines so the economy at least moves to provide the illusion that things are working. In my humble opinion, NPC factions and traders for that matter don't have wallets and no real "virual" money is moving around. There is no inflation and no deflation and, as such, providing an illusion that things are working may be all one really needs. Its up to debate I suppose but just a thought.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 21:32

YorrickVander wrote:After more afk testing over the holiday the EC levels started to get quite high in albion, and frankly I wasn't entirely happy about that change. Standard production with the second alteration to the NPCs, on my test game from freeplay start, has been going going ok without it. If things appear to be stalling again you can always reintroduce the wares.xml from v0.01 and see if that cures it.
Thanks for the informative answer. I've yet to get as many hours into the 1.2 and 1.22 patches as I haven't had time.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 22:18

Spartann + ryan - not really, once Jey has an extensions based version of his, I'd be more inclined to use his one. I started this as WIP overwrites some bug fixes in the last few beta releases.

The second change in this mod is I think already done in jeys and i think in a different position in the file btw. Or it may be something added later by ES.

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 01:34

Hey :) Wondering if you've had a chance to look at what happens after a longer period of time..

When I first set up my station to build almost immediately ships were lining up to sell to the station and the first 'phase' completed quickly enough. But now on phase 2 and 3 it seems that deliveries have significantly dropped off.

Could just be the overall poor economy as I haven't done much in the way of building stations (still working on the first one). I don't have the skills to look in the db or through log files... I'm really good at starting IV's tho :D lol

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 01:58

Most likely it's the manager issues - the manager ai is a little akin to mickey mouse's brooms in fantazia - they just start filling the holds and never stop :( The end result being a hold full to bursting with no room for the resources it lacks to actually produce something :( The manager ai is, afaik, not in the xml so we can't do much about this.

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 02:01

thats too bad :/

i put a manager in the cell recharge fact.; useless..i guess because the entire station is not done yet

i tried to assign a ship to the architect...ship went poof (i think? lol) its gone in any case.

i didn't try to put a manager in the CV, but I think I read somewhere you can't do that? I could always try anyways.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 02:15

I've never tried running a station without a manager - can't be any worse than with one certainly. Come to think of it I've worked with rl managers with even less clue as to how things go... But I digress :D Until ES either fix this ai or move it to xml for us to play with much save editing will likely be the way to get around the issue :(

A manager wouldn't be used on a CV btw.

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 02:36

spartanheyho wrote:The question is this: is Jey's funcitonal trader fix (not official mod yet as its not in an extension format) compatible with the current patch? I simply want to point out that it is not. On top of that, once Jey releases the official mod version of his fixes, this mod will conflict with it as Jey's fixes revolve around a working economy that relies on ships trading to make profit whereas this mod changes a few lines so the economy at least moves to provide the illusion that things are working. In my humble opinion, NPC factions and traders for that matter don't have wallets and no real "virual" money is moving around. There is no inflation and no deflation and, as such, providing an illusion that things are working may be all one really needs. Its up to debate I suppose but just a thought.
this most likely would not actually break my mod, but it would indeed not work with it, as i am completely overriding the trader ai. Altho my tests shown that it wasnt so much that the ai was trying to sell for proffit causing problem, its how it was evaluating said proffit.

It relied on the universe wide average price on the ware to determine if its worth buying or not, but when they are working in a smaller area, they will often be unable to find any good deals because of extreme values in other clusters heh.

But yea, i can't wait to actually finish my mod. Stupid work taking all my time xD.

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 04:06

things actually seem to still be going 'okay', if slow. i think my issue now is that after the first 'phase' of construction my CV folded up.. the big ships don't have a problem trading but the small/medium ships seem to be having trouble finding a place to dock.. so now I have a line of ships waiting to trade..

I don't guess you guys know how to 'reset' or change the 'mode' of the CV?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 04:09

I'm not sure if that actually makes a difference to the traders jamming. 1.23 is just around the corner so we are best off waiting for that and seeing what gets fixed from ES end - they've promised fixes for the way stations handle things \o/

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 04:18

can't wait!! and actually you are right.. they finally worked it out, ships are moving again..

this really is a very cool game

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”