EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

This game is a steaming pile of shit.
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Im12

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:12    Post subject: This game is a steaming pile of shit. Reply with quote Print

No amount of patching will fix the serious and fatal design flaws inherent to this monstrosity. Calling it a rebirth was the mislabeling of the century. A more appropriate name perhaps would have been "X: Abortion". How any sane developer could think that this was a product worthy of publishing is beyond me. Did you all blow your budget money on cocaine and hookers?

You touted the ability to explore the interior of stations... except you provided 3 models to use with exact same NPC spawns, AND item spawns. Are you ****** kidding me? Whats more is all the NPCs have this dumb-ass look on their face like they're autistic. Their character models look like they were ripped straight out of half-life 1, and the voice overs sound like you hired prepubescent down syndrome fifth graders to do them.

I'm suppose to run a trade empire yet I have to get off my ass and walk to every single NPC in each station that I want to trade with? EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's like a billion years in the future and no one has comm systems? You can hail a ****** ship kilometers away but you can't hail a stationary venue to trade with?

What is this pile of shit you threw together and marketed as X Rebirth? Where is the actual X Rebirth? W/e I'm done.

Shoelip

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Really? Only two insulting references to the mentally disabled? Surely you can do better.

chikatilo

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, his nickname IS "IM12" so cut the boy some slack Very Happy

dubnium

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

two insulting references to the mentally disabled is still better than what egosoft did with X, so whatever. buy a collector's edition of his post, it comes with a music video.

jasonaerts

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Guess I'm in the minority here but I'm really loving it, some rough edges, definitely not x4 but that's not what I was expecting nor was lead to expect. Pretty sure the UI issues can be solved and overall I think it's a solid foundation moving forward.

Engioc

This is the kind of childish stuff I refer to in my previous posts. thanks very much for the obvious example mate.

Im12

dubnium wrote:
two insulting references to the mentally disabled is still better than what egosoft did with X, so whatever. buy a collector's edition of his post, it comes with a music video.

That was actually pretty funny. Razz

Im12

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Engioc wrote:
This is the kind of childish stuff I refer to in my previous posts. thanks very much for the obvious example mate.

Anytime Lad.

JessyBerbers

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Maybe stop replying to childish shit like this and just reply to threads like mine that try to be constructive.

ice799

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Joined Nov 16th... Troll... Doesn't even have a registered game... Move on people nothing to see here

authvoarex

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Is your tantrum over yet? Jesus I can hard believe the level of maturity shown on these forums the last few days. A bunch of babies spouting babel because they built something so unachievable in their minds that there was no possible way they'd be satisfied.

Quote:
You touted the ability to explore the interior of stations... except you provided 3 models to use with exact same NPC spawns, AND item spawns. Are you ****** kidding me? Whats more is all the NPCs have this dumb-ass look on their face like they're autistic. Their character models look like they were ripped straight out of half-life 1, and the voice overs sound like you hired prepubescent down syndrome fifth graders to do them.

So your issue is that there aren't enough NPC models, animations, and meshes? Do you realize how petty that is? What they've established is a framework for the internals of space stations. It is almost embarrassingly simple for Egosoft to go back in after the fact and add additional models, animations, and scripted behaviors (like random spawning). However in the grand scheme of the game design these are typically considered "low priority" and were not given the appropriate level of polish.

Quote:
I'm suppose to run a trade empire yet I have to get off my ass and walk to every single NPC in each station that I want to trade with? EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's like a billion years in the future and no one has comm systems? You can hail a ****** ship kilometers away but you can't hail a stationary venue to trade with?

Yet again you have no idea what you are talking about... You think this is some "fatal design flaw" that "no amount of patching will fix"? You know nothing John Snow. This is a minor issue that the developers could script out of the game for you by simply extending the current Comm system so that you can target all NPCs in a space station just as you can current target all NPCs in your ship. My guess here is that Egosoft didn't expect such nerd rage to ensue by the decision to not include this at launch (or they wanted to wait to see if it was actually something people wanted before adding it in).

Source: I'm a software engineer with 10+ years experience working on very large, very complex projects.

Greyhawk1

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Lol...my thread about Old Hands got locked because of one tiff yet this one is still open?

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:37    Post subject: im 12 Reply with quote Print

hes very much right im afraid,only hes being very kind.i bought this game on the back of preve x games which ive followed since year dot. i cant even connect my joystick at the same time as my mouse it will crash to blue screen after a few moments. fine when i unplug joystick. tried several to make sure..but it is not the crashes and clitches,they can be fixed,its the foundation this is not an x game and certainly not pc.been caught out twice this year rome 2 now this,time to be very careful in the future.

slimgrin

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I feel a bit duped, personally. They should have charged maybe 30 usd, not 50. It clearly needs so much work.

doctoxic

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:37    Post subject: Re: This game is a steaming pile of shit. Reply with quote Print

Im12 wrote:

This game is a steaming pile of shit.

arguably the best review of the game i have seen - concise, accurate and truthful Twisted Evil

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next