How does the economy work ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TinkerToy
x4

How does the economy work ?

Post by TinkerToy » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:28

I've only played for 12 hours, so I'm not even remotely familiar with the whole game (at least I'd hope not :) ).

On most stations, I can find a variety of traders (from various factions) selling a variety of goods. Where does their stock come from ?

If I find a special deal or discount, I can assign my freighter to deliver the goods at the "special" price. I gather this is like a contract, and the price is fixed once the deal is done.

So if "someone" is desperate for energy sells, they will sign a contract with me at top dollar. The fact that my freighter can only deliver the goods in a weeks' time doesn't seem to be a problem... ?

Admittedly, I'm still struggling with the GUI, so things may become clearer later on, but at this point I have no feel for the economy and the "supply and demand" functionality that I was used-to in the previous X3 games.

The fact that most (all ?) installations are now complexes makes it rather tricky to look at the station list of a zone and immediately get a "feel" for what can be traded there. Perhaps it will just take time to get used to the "new ways" :roll:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”