3%
I didn't buy XR and don't plan to buy it
12%

Total votes: 471

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

How are you feeling?

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:19

So, now that Rebirth has been out for a whole day, what are your general opinions on it? Happy, unhappy? Interested in your first impressions, so this poll is running for a week.

Personally I didn't buy it and am really glad I didn't because after watching a live stream yesterday and reading all the complains it seems every single one of my predictions about this game came true. Okay, except for one that only came mostly true. So who said you can't judge a game before playing it? :roll:

johnfawkes

Post by johnfawkes » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:23

I feel like I have been robbed

messiahua

Post by messiahua » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:24

It reminds me of rome 2 total war release. They added a lot of cool stuff, some very amazing (masterpiece work on stations and all those ambient activity and traffic around), but removed a lot of very important established features and overall not good interface, I can continue this list, but what's the point? :cry:

For me the game is currently less than good.

Zauselbart
x3tc

Post by Zauselbart » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:32

Chose 'mixed feelings'.

Although I like the game overall, the ui and the lack of certain features (like cycling through targets, not being able to communicate remotely with NPCs for hire, fleet/squad management, etc.) put me a little bit off from time to time.
Show me your wares!

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:37

Sales are all that matter. As long as the majority of people are in the "I bought it..." category, Egosoft is being rewarded with where they've decided to go with X. And they are going to feel that positive reward unless the community make them know we are not happy with this.

That is why a lot of top AAA companies boost their PR and Marketing budget while neglecting the actual product and still get huge cash-ins. Unlike these companies, I still have full confidence that Egosoft still listens to their fans (note: "fans", not "costumers"). We'll see what happens.

jl1aisbett
x4

Post by jl1aisbett » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:39

After a day so far I'm still learning how to play it, there are still some things I'm not a fan of but I'm reserving judgement of those until I've played it longer.

I don't think it's perfect but for me the single most important consideration is am I bored of it ... and after a day of playing it I'm actually not bored at all. Most games bore me much faster than that so it's a win purely for that reason alone.

Cyjack
x3tc

Post by Cyjack » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:40

It seems to me to have a learning curve commensurate with my other initial attempts at playing an X Game, so at this point I can't comment accurately on what I don't know how to do, vs what I wish the game could do. There seems to be some basic features features like targeting and menu hotkeys missing, or I haven't discovered how to use them yet.

It has polish issues that are likewise consistent with my experience in playing a new X game at launch.

It has a slowly unfolding charm that wasn't immediately apparent when I first started playing, but I start to notice as I discover how to do more things in the game. This is also consistent with my experience in playing a new X game.

I'm experiencing disappointing technical performance, but I am also running the game on a machine with some components in between minimum and recommended specs, so I can't be sure how much of this is optimization, and how much this was simply wishful thinking on my part.

TL:DR --In other words, it feels like I'm playing a new X game, all of which were ponderous and off putting at first, but won me over with an overall experience in time.

I'll need at least a week to determine how I really feel about the game as a whole, and couldn't possibly reach a decision about a game of this type in less than a day of play.
Last edited by Cyjack on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.

Zefninja

Post by Zefninja » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:43

Basically I feel robbed at this point

They have released a buggy game that does not meet the expectations that Bernd hyped it up to be. For one the NPC models are inferior to todays modern standards and in a big way they should have tested this game properly. Its nearly unplayable with amount of times you get the "XU dump" error despite tweaking the audio settings.

I'm so let down and all I can say at least Star Citizen may fill the mantle of a true space fighter simulator in the not so distant future.

Bernd, in particular if you have any respect for your fan base you need to have a live feed and address the problems of this game.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:48

Not happy, it looks good but that is the only good quality I can think of. Everything else seems tedious to sum it up.

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:49

mixed feelings, but leaning to dissapointed at this point. The walking in station part feels like deus ex hr in space(crawling trough ducts, opening all lockers, leaving them open and all of them are empty apart from a collectible item now and then)

the space part, the ui feels a bit, I dont know, discontinuing? previous games for example you could set your autopilot(is there one now?) issue orders to your fleets/factories and what not, ship would fly one, you could keep an eye out on whats happening around you. Now it feels the game pauses when you go into a menu. No real targeting. And it feels like I am playing a console, hate that. if I wanted to play on a console i'd get a console...

but I am VERY happy with the crew hiring :) After btf space felt empty and lonly, most of your interactions where with your own property trough your bored(yes, bored) computer. Now tehre are pilots and other crew talking back to you when you interact with your own fleet, I love that!
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Sonic & Tails

Post by Sonic & Tails » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:52

I feel robbed as well.

Bernd should show his ass, and explain a few things to the community.

Where are the developers? What are they doing now?!

I don't want them to waste their time on patches, I want them to answer our questions first. If they wanna waste their precious time on a piece of junk like this, good for them. Me? I want answers.
Star Citizen - Elite:Dangerous - X Rebirth

Phaedrus
x4

Post by Phaedrus » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:55

So far, I'm happy with it.

Is it perfect?
No, and frankly I didn't expect it to be.

What this game makes me feel is what I felt when I started playing X2:
"Man this place is huge! What's that over there? Oooh, shiny!"

Interestingly the things that haven't turned out as well (Voice acting, Floaty feeling in first person walking around sections) have never been Egosoft's strongsuit. But I'm fine with that, better be ambitious and (partially) fail than crank out CODBPLOPS XVII and collect you paycheck.

This game makes me feel lost, in a good way. In the same way in fact as when I was in school and booted up Fighter-Bomber for the first time on my Amiga.

Well done, Egosoft! I've been longing for that feeling for some time now. :D

peckham
x4

Post by peckham » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:57

Swallen wrote:Sales are all that matter. As long as the majority of people are in the "I bought it..." category, Egosoft is being rewarded with where they've decided to go with X.
This is not entirely true.

As many people love the pre-existing X games, Egosoft is being rewarded for releasing another game in the X Franchise. However, by releasing a game that people generally dislike, even though many people may have bought it, they will be punished for hurting the franchise the next time they release an X game as people will be less inclined to buy it.

All-in-all, Egosoft still have a lot of work to do to get this game on par with their previous work. I just hope that the modding community are up to the challenge, and Egosoft take note of what we actually want in their games.
Last edited by peckham on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

Alysin
x4

Post by Alysin » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:00

I did choose Unhappy. BUT, i don't want to say in itself it's a bad game, i just don't feel it should be allowed the 'X'.

Nearly all of what the X Universe is to me is gone. It just feels.. wrong. It's like a console game. Not a PC game with deep and complicated mechanics, not nearly same level of interraction.

It's simply just Rebirth.

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:04

I'm mostly HAPPY there are a few Problems yes but most of them will be fixed by egosoft !

control / key binding needs fixing this is my main problem
as for the graphics Thank The ancients we have a modding community.

Have fun im off to
play XR
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:07

peckham wrote:This is not entirely true.

As many people love the pre-existing X games, Egosoft is being rewarded for releasing another game in the X Franchise. However, by releasing a game that people generally dislike, even though many people may have bought it, they will be punished for hurting the franchise the next time they release an X game as people will be less inclined to buy it.
Yes, robbing the fanbase is like burning down the rain forest. Great profits but you can only do it once.

Ranka-Lee
x3tc

Post by Ranka-Lee » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:20

Still in a state of shock, disbelief, sadness, mixed with anger..

Never did I think Egosoft my one of my favorite devs would go on the path of dumbing things down which is the trend of modern big companys. Those who butcher their franchises for the sake of a quick buck. But they did now. They took what only game series I loved and butchered it it into Call of Yisha: Modern Space Lanes.

peckham
x4

Post by peckham » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:32

Ranka-Lee wrote:Call of Yisha: Modern Space Lanes.
Just wait till you get to the fps station defense part.

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:38

peckham wrote:Just wait till you get to the fps station defense part.
My sarcasm meter is broken, is that actually a thing that happens?

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:40

I'm not happy, waiting for a patch before playing again.

I would happily pay for beta/early access if you made it clear that it was, instead of presenting it as a finished product when it clearly isn't.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”