Cause of ****** FPS = View Distance slider doesn't really work.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Perkel
x4

Cause of ****** FPS = View Distance slider doesn't really work.

Post by Perkel » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:09

Ok i did some testing and as i mentioned in thread title View Distance doesn't seem to work. I mean it works on few objects but you can set it to 100 or 0 and pretty much you see same things.

This is especially visible in stations with those small spacecraft traffic. Even if you are super far away from station you can still see them as one pixel size points moving.

We know already that coming near stations is where most of FPS will hit rock bottom. Because games looks like it renders everything.

Same is with stations. You can see from them essentially everything what you saw from your ship before docking. At this time view distance should be 0 to get more FPS but as i mentioned it doesn't really work and you can see as far as you would have set it to 100

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:57

The View Distance setting affects the way LODs are chosen; it's not supposed to make things completely invisible at the relatively short distances you are describing.

If you post your [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report, we might be able to see whether there is something else you could be doing to improve performance, or whether you're having problems that simply shouldn't be present on your system.

Fireball14

Post by Fireball14 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:24

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”