Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 19:33

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:One of them means you actually do get paid for shooting reds.
That's been said a few times, but I've never seen the info display actually say you get money when shooting them.
If it's there, it's silent. :shock:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 20:25

By default we are told we get paid and we don't. In a recent 2.5bRC6 start with mods, I purchased both of those licences in OL and I get paid by them but not others. Hopefully it isn't mod related, if it is I appologise for bad information :-/

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 01:28

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:By default we are told we get paid and we don't. In a recent 2.5bRC6 start with mods, I purchased both of those licences in OL and I get paid by them but not others. Hopefully it isn't mod related, if it is I appologise for bad information :-/
I do not have OL licence, just Heart of Albion.
Maybe it's a bug.

Kregoth
xr

Post by Kregoth » Tue, 7. Oct 14, 10:53

The police license gives you two benefits that I know of.

You can scan ships without getting into trouble using ship scanning mode. Some have illegal cargo, and will either try to run or drop the goods. You also get access to smuggling missions.

I think, but am not sure, but you may not get scanned by police anymore as well. though I haven't tested this yet.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 03:21

Note that police licenses are only "good" in the areas, owned by the faction, that you bought it from. You don't get the benefits in other areas.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 03:40

Hmmmm :idea:

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 16:49

Anyone here managed to get round the issue of a production module getting stuck on "not producing" for no clear reason? Other than replacing the manager, which didn't work, I'm not sure what to do. All the resources needed are there, there's plenty of space available, and none of the many products (URVs) are stocked at all on the station.

Bah.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 19:06

Archaeosis wrote:Anyone here managed to get round the issue of a production module getting stuck on "not producing" for no clear reason? Other than replacing the manager, which didn't work, I'm not sure what to do. All the resources needed are there, there's plenty of space available, and none of the many products (URVs) are stocked at all on the station.

Bah.
Sadly no. My plot station produces or fails to produce, seemingly randomly.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:09

Hi,

About 70% of my trades are failing and I can't figure out why. The trades that do fail, fail repeatedly.

I'm using various Rahanas class ships. It can be in sector or out of sector. The ships are verified to have 50+ Cargolifters and none are busy. It can be buying or selling. Sometimes a ship makes some trades successfully but not others (so I don't...THINK its the ship.) Removing from squad and readding has no effect.

I can't even trade with my own construction vessel, the ship moves in to dock and goes "This good isn't bought here!" and leaves. :|

I did some searches through the forums and it looks like i'm the only one having trade issues any more? Very frustrating.!

I'm using capital ship bridges and a scanner range extender. Save was started in retail 2.51.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:32

Scanner range last updated was 24 November, pretty much launch time so pretty sure that mod is causing the issues as the mod is very outdated. Capital ship bridges is updated to the last version so it will not cause any problems.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 03:52

I checked and verified that the scanner mod im using only effects the unlocks.xml file. I can't imagine it has any such effect. I'll try disabling it though.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 14:02

After the empire building start where narcotics totally disappeared for ever from the trade menu and became impossible to trade with, I now started in free play.
I decided to build a Pharma Lab in Albion, because a lot of stations were looking for narcotics.
But none of them buy it from my station and my manager refuses to sell to them. I can manually trade without a problem.
Is this because it's an illegal ware (I've got the license for it) or because it's a secondary resource?

At least I've learned my lesson: STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 06:14

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

I had a trade script from last year screwing up my player trading script, tucked away in a folder i hadnt checked.

:( !

always cleanse the directory with fire before reinstalling!

Kaldo
x3tc

Post by Kaldo » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 02:49

I really wish we had some kind of blacklist/whitelist system in the game... I had to reload 3 times today because my ships kept leisurely passing by the Bleak Pebble PMC Overwatch station. They either trade in Albion, or automatically follow me when they complete a task and then get killed - and the worst part is I don't even realize it until after 10-15 minutes later.

I'm fine with them dying if it's my fault or if I made that sacrifice to defend a station or complete a mission. On the other hand, when it's due to the game failing to communicate they are under attack, or AI captains flying into the most dangerous, heavily armed and hostile stations in the universe and then getting killed without me even knowing about it, it's just frustrating.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 22:48

Kaldo wrote:On the other hand, when it's due to the game failing to communicate they are under attack, or AI captains flying into the most dangerous, heavily armed and hostile stations in the universe and then getting killed without me even knowing about it, it's just frustrating.
Yup, it's annoying.
However, that station does not repair... so go blow up the hivi mas, then bring in your fleet to decimate the rest of the station.
Problem solved. :wink:

Kaldo
x3tc

Post by Kaldo » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 01:27

I've been having some issues with trade restrictions on stations and with trading my produced goods. I hope you guys can shed some light on this because after experimenting for a while I'm utterly confused as to what these things actually do and how I'm supposed to be using them.

1) How can I set up my station so only my ships (assigned to the manager) trade goods for it? Meaning no NPC traders, only my ships which (hopefully) search for best deals when trading with NPCs.

2) How can I set up my station so not even my ships trade goods for it (so that ware is being stockpiled for my own personal needs)?

3) Can I set up my station so my ships only trade with my other owned stations?

4) If I set "Restrict trade to other factions" to NO but set one specific ware restriction to YES, is that ware restricted? Meaning, does "Restrict trade to other factions" have to be on YES even if I want to set just one ware restriction, or is "Restrict trade to other factions" a global toggle for all wares, unaffected by individual setting?

5) I have a water distillery with a Gigurum (Liquid) assigned to the manager. I hoped he'd pick up water and sell it around - there aren't any trade restrictions in place. However, he never does - he can fill his full cargo (there's enough water) but doesn't, there are tons of buyers with +60% modifiers in the same system (even in same sector), the station has upgraded Radar Dish and the manager's range is setup to System:DeVries. He's just sitting there with "searching for trades" order and an empty cargo hold. What's wrong?

6) Does a station automatically adjust price settings or is it constant (if left at the default setting)?
If dynamic, does it depend on stock levels of resources, stock levels of the product, local prices, recent trades... ?

7) How is the "Estimated profits" in the trade offers window calculated? I understand it's easily calculated if I bought and sold these items with the same ship in consecutive planned trips, but if I "buy" wares from my own station for 0 credits, how is it done? I once manually sold Silicon wafers from my own station and in the trade offers, "Estimated profits" was red saying I'm actually losing money on this trade, which is unlikely considering the station was buying them with a positive modifier and I mine my own mineral resources.

So, what am I doing wrong? I'm having trouble pinpointing the problem and find the fix since we have no station trade log to see what's actually going on - a station that's supposed to save my Reinforced Metal Plates sells them and I occasionally get their profits. A station that should sell water doesn't. A station that should "buy" Metal Plating from my other station is also buying from NPC traders at who-knows-which price.

edit: So there's definitely something wrong either with the trade restriction, or my understanding of it. I set YES to restrict trade, and YES to restrict Reinforced Metal Plates to my station. Yet, after it reached around 700 units (that I saw), it suddenly sold them. I noticed because I got a big paycheck on my account, and after checking the station it had less than 100 plates left.

Peltz
x3tc

Post by Peltz » Tue, 16. Dec 14, 17:53

After the patch about 4 or 5 of my Taranis' destroy themselves. After loading a game I start getting messages about my ships being under attack so I fly over to the nearest ship in trouble and there's absolutely nobody attacking them.

They are well beyond the range of station guns and there are no capital ships present in those sectors. And the damage they take is massive, they are all dead within 15-25 seconds. A full head on fight with Arawan or another Taranis doesn't finish this quick.

Once they are destroyed the message log just states that: Taranis in sector Cuspid Splint was destroyed. There is no 'by PMC Heavy Sul' or any other reference to the cause of destruction.

Update on the problem.

1. All the ships taking damage are in Albion System so no hostile environments.

2. One morning I grabbed a mod that allows remote firing of people. I removed the defence officers and the ships still destroyed themselves.

3. In total I take about 100mil credit hit.

4. Once I enter the zone the ships are in, the damage stops. But I cant reach all of them. I'm in Lookout Alpha Sector and the ships are as far as The Big Empty zone in Far Out sector.

5. The thought crossed my mind that maybe they are parked on a spawn spot but that makes no sense.

6. Since removing the defence officer didn't have any effect I'm thinking that one or more turrets turned hostile for whatever reason. Maybe a broken script that tells them to fire on Otani property since they are relieved PMC vessels.

7. On Leaving the sector the damage returns.
Be well!

Azmodeus
x4

Finding Side Missions

Post by Azmodeus » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 22:22

Is there a easier way to find Side Missions :? because searching around a big station for small icons takes a lot of time and is boring... :evil:

And can someone explain what the "Targeting System Extension MK1 or MK2" do? i have no idea what this Software do...

Thanatos00
xr

Re: Finding Side Missions

Post by Thanatos00 » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 16:20

Azmodeus wrote:Is there a easier way to find Side Missions :? because searching around a big station for small icons takes a lot of time and is boring... :evil:
I'm giving another try to X:R after 1 year out of it, and I have nearly the same problem : I'm ok to scan/explore every station one time, but after that how to contact mission givers, or at least look at the missions available, on the stations I've already discovered ?

I've unsuccessfully tried from the map (like in X3:TC/AP if I remember well), do I need some kind of equipment ?

Thanks.

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 18:00

I know of a Mission Computer in the Steam Workshop that loads all missions from a given zone without having to go from station to station. I don't know how well it works, but I've seen quite a few threads referring to it as a must have mod...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”