Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 19:28

Pimpace wrote: How did you getting money? I have only one Rahanas, and maybe half mil credit.
I'd pick some freighters with valuable cargo, - for which there are trade offers - hack their cargohold, and after a few hacks you can sell enough goodies to buy marines and marine officer + some missiles.
Then move on to boarding. When i last played about 5-7 capitals got me enough money for a station (filling up the station initially can be quite expensive as well). I would also steal frighters with wares that the station need, manual supply worked much quicker then AI when i last checked.

Maintenance vessels have often large amounts of expensive drones that can be sold back to the SYs instantly.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 6. Aug 14, 16:30

Big freight trading is hard at the beginning, but in mid-late game there will be much more trade opportunities, and not even hacking will be neccessary later.

chrisreb
x3

Post by chrisreb » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 14:36

Having left the game alone whilst it was patched been trying to get back into it.

The manual seems to cover nothing so using the boards and videos to try to progress.

Got as far as hiring a pilot for freighter although had to do that without landing on station as could never get a docking option. More strggles to get captain onto freighter. Now want to add it to a squadron. Again no instructions but video run throughs show options I do not get when targetting the freighter. Before I cinsign the game to the bin is there a guide that I have not found that lists the steps for this basic stuff?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 02:15

Use your property menu to manage your assets, inside that menu you can select ship, then you can select member of the crew and press details to more information, there is a option to "com" your captain, and then options to join squad and so on. For docking you need to get close to a docking platform and then use the action menu, and I mean really close to the icon.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

chrisreb
x3

Post by chrisreb » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 11:32

Thank you - will give it a try. Wish the manual was a bit helpful on basics.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 01:15

There are two manuals, one the standard with the basic information here:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1403006021

And another covering the several updates made to the game here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =254121025
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 01:49

Anyone know what the police and military licences do?

The trade ones are obvious.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 04:13

wwdragon wrote:Anyone know what the police and military licences do?

Think police license gets you money for killing enemy ships.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 05:51

BlackRain wrote:
wwdragon wrote:Anyone know what the police and military licences do?

Think police license gets you money for killing enemy ships.
That's odd. The voice over for friendly stations, when I kill hostiles says that they are giving me money, no matter weather I have licence or not.

Yet.... Even with the licence I do not notice any payment. :o

Revenant342
x4

Post by Revenant342 » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 00:28

Does anyone have a link to what crew skills actually do for each NPC? I saw the general description in the first post, but I've been wondering about the specifics for a while now, especially for positions with multiple skills to figure out what's most important to me.

Espege

Post by Espege » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 13:32

Can anyone tell me if this game is worth buying? There was so many flaming and hating that it failed, so I decided to wait till the dust settles down.

Is the game worth the money?

I'm an old gamer, started with Wing Commander on Amiga 1200, then Freelancer, EvE Online, Starpoint Gemini 1 and 2, Star Trek Online...

Thank you for the help.

Revenant342
x4

Post by Revenant342 » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 16:36

I think it's definitely worth the money now. I would have said no at launch, but the devs have been doing a lot of work on it. Game is much more stable and has gotten most of its missing features by now, and I'm having an amazing time with it now. There also seems to be even more content coming down the pipe, and the modding community has some great work out as well.

There are still a few bugs, but nothing terrible in my book. Game is very fun, both the combat and building aspects, and you'll easily get hundreds of hours of playtime out of it.

If you haven't tried it yet, I would also *highly* recommend X3: Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude. I've got over 1000 hours in that game and consider it one of the best space Sims of all time.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 17:24

Espege wrote:Can anyone tell me if this game is worth buying? There was so many flaming and hating that it failed, so I decided to wait till the dust settles down.

Is the game worth the money?

I'm an old gamer, started with Wing Commander on Amiga 1200, then Freelancer, EvE Online, Starpoint Gemini 1 and 2, Star Trek Online...

Thank you for the help.
I agree with the guy above. It's worth buying.
It's not there yet, but it's a big improvement and they continue to make it better as we go.

I also recommend opting into the betas if you want to see how things work and help it get better, faster.

MAUCorp
x3tc

Post by MAUCorp » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 08:26

Having a police license opens up anti-smuggling missions, and I assume military license opens up specific military missions; still sitting on my saves for post 2.5 release to test it out.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 09:02

One of them means you actually do get paid for shooting reds.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 19:33

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:One of them means you actually do get paid for shooting reds.
That's been said a few times, but I've never seen the info display actually say you get money when shooting them.
If it's there, it's silent. :shock:

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 20:25

By default we are told we get paid and we don't. In a recent 2.5bRC6 start with mods, I purchased both of those licences in OL and I get paid by them but not others. Hopefully it isn't mod related, if it is I appologise for bad information :-/

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 01:28

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:By default we are told we get paid and we don't. In a recent 2.5bRC6 start with mods, I purchased both of those licences in OL and I get paid by them but not others. Hopefully it isn't mod related, if it is I appologise for bad information :-/
I do not have OL licence, just Heart of Albion.
Maybe it's a bug.

Kregoth
xr

Post by Kregoth » Tue, 7. Oct 14, 10:53

The police license gives you two benefits that I know of.

You can scan ships without getting into trouble using ship scanning mode. Some have illegal cargo, and will either try to run or drop the goods. You also get access to smuggling missions.

I think, but am not sure, but you may not get scanned by police anymore as well. though I haven't tested this yet.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 03:21

Note that police licenses are only "good" in the areas, owned by the faction, that you bought it from. You don't get the benefits in other areas.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”