Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Observe
xr

Re: Cree view un rebirth 2.0?

Post by Observe » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 06:01

leynadix wrote:Will you add a free cockpit view?
From what I've heard, this is something they are working on and we can expect in near future.

Ynesra

Post by Ynesra » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 01:07

Hi! How do I target objects by using sector map?

cmguy

Post by cmguy » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 01:10

Len5 wrote: The pharma lab you get at the beginning of the empire building start...

What am I to do to sell the narcotics, how do I get them back in the list?

edit: Hmm... an npc pharma lab has 110,000 narcotics in stock and that doesn't show up in the trade menu either. What's happening?
I've noticed similar behaviour in my H2O plant producing and then consuming ice. It seems it needs to get above 80% or so stores before it will start selling a good that it both produces and consumes for another ware(Medical supplies in the case of the Narcotics).

I've been planing on building a Pharma Lab in my plot game so I might do that later today to test it out.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 23:50

I hope you're right.
The narcotics were on the trade list at a time when my station had less of them, so I have been able to trade them.
The npc pharma labs all have lots of narcotics (maybe full storage), but none of them is selling any and I have 25 stations on the trade list desperately looking to buy narcotics.

It looks like the ware has become untradable. I just want to know if it's normal behaviour, something I did wrong or a bug. Looking forward to your findings. Thanks for your reaction.

edit: if it's a bug it isn't fixed by the latest patch.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 19:41

Having played for several days now, and had to restart because not all the game is explained here are my top hints for begineers:

1. Explore everything especially stations (Install Bixs' ButterRangers mod from the Community Hub/Workshop) makes things easier. Don't leave a zone till you've got over 90% explored on all stations! Hit Enter then press 1 then 1.
2. Place a Trade Agent on every station (you'll need Bixs' TAF! mod for this one)
3. Simplify your life by using Escaflows' No Jump fuel mod
4. Buy a crap load of Reinforced metal plating, HIT/MA turrets and V-launchers before going to the Devries Galaxy
5. The Big Empty (as already mentioned) is your life line! Use the scanning mode. Hit Enter then press 1 then 5!

Acaelus

Heart of Albion now Enemy (-20) in campaign - am I screwed?

Post by Acaelus » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 08:16

Posted this over in the spoilers section just in case, then I saw this sticky - so I will post a spoiler clean version - don't believe there was any real spoiler in it to begin with:

I am hoping I didn't screw myself... I saw an Arawn in campaign and decided to make it mine. Didn't even think to check the faction and now I'm at -20 with Heart of Albion (which is bad where I'm at in the campaign - close to the beginning - don't know if it matters later on or not). Is there anything I can do to build my faction with them back up?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 14:59

Killing pirates and so on close to their stations will help to raise reputation, check if with time the rep slowly rises, as somtimes you get a temporal hit. Once you can accept missions from them it goes slightly quicker, if you find it too hard maybe is worth to go back a savegame.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Acaelus

Large BTO XL shipyard Bugged after repairing ship

Post by Acaelus » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 07:26

I'm having an issue where after I repaired one of my ships the shipyard is bugged. The ship finishes it's repairs, and after I try to build a ship at the yard, but no progress is given on the ship I'm trying to build. It gives me the option to view resources, but what appears on the resources menu is the name of the ship I just repaired and there are no resources listed. My only options from the ship dealer at that point are "view available ships" and "view resources". I cannot build, and instead lost the money I gave to him to build the Lyranae I wanted. Would not be such an issue if there were somewhere else I could build these ships, but there is not - and I need the universal storage. Please help me... spent a lot of time trying to resolve this so far and no luck.

Followed the guidance listed here:
synctrance wrote:Editing resources doesnt cut it for me. What tags do i need to edit for a ship dealer?

NVM, had to remove those lines from ship trader:

Code: Select all

<value name="$BuildModule" type="component" value="[0x4aadc]"/>
<value name="$Buildplan" type="buildplan" value="4"/>
<value name="$WareList" type="list" value="1564"/>
<value name="$actor" type="component" value="[0x4ac31]"/>
<value name="$buildcost" type="largefloat" value="228643"/>
<value name="$component" type="component" value="[0x4aade]"/>
<value name="$sequence" type="string" value="1581"/>
<value name="$ship" type="component" value="[0x4aade]"/>
<value name="$showed_cArch_buildermacros" type="integer" value="1"/>
<value name="$showed_cArch_selectUpgradesMenu" type="integer" value="1"/>
<value name="$showed_cArch_selectship" type="integer" value="1"/>
<value name="$soldship" type="component" value="[0x515cb]"/>
<value name="$soldshipprice" type="money" value="2652804200"/>
<value name="$stage" type="largefloat"/>
<value name="$upgrade" type="integer" value="1"/>
<value name="$upgrade_buildlimit" type="integer"/>
to original:

<value name="$BuildModule" type="component" value="[0xdf0cb]"/>
<value name="$WareList" type="list" value="1559"/>
<value name="$actor" type="component" value="[0xdf0d4]"/>
<value name="$showed_cArch_buildermacros" type="integer" value="1"/>
<value name="$soldship" type="component" value="[0xe5bc2]"/>
<value name="$soldshipprice" type="money" value="2652804200"/>
it works, though i hope this doesnt break my game further.
and the reply from this gentleman:
werewolves? wrote:Sorry I didn't post a better explanation, didn't check the thread, but you figured it out fine:

I think the default behaviour for a ship dealer is actually just:

<value name="$WareList" type="list" value="1541"/>
<value name="$actor" type="component" value="[0xcf6a7]"/>

you may also have to clear the shipyard docking port if it is reserved for a bugged unbuilt ship or a bugged failed docking.

Find the appropriate shipyard:

<connection connection="connection_buildmodule01" macro="connection_buildmodule01">
<component class="buildmodule" macro="buildmodule_ships_albion_xl_macro" connection="connection_component01" id="[0xcf690]">
<build start="40217" repair="100" type="build"/>
<connections>
<connection connection="connection_dockingbay01" macro="connection_dockingbay01">
<component class="dockingbay" macro="props_surf_ar_docks_size_xl_inv_macro" connection="connection_component01" seed="2848735014" id="[0xcf691]">
<offset>
<rotation yaw="-180"/>
</offset>
<connections/>
</component>
</connection>
<connection connection="buildanchor" id="[0xcf693]">
<connected connection="[0xcf9ad]"/>
</connection>
delete:

<connection connection="buildanchor" id="[0xcf693]">
<connected connection="[0xcf9ad]"/>
which looks like it reserves the hangar slot for the bugged build, this should start the new build

NOTE: THIS COULD DESTROY YOUR GAME, SEEMS TO WORK FOR NOW BUT.....
located at this thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4229908 and only succeeded in crashing the game on load at 78%.

tobajas

Post by tobajas » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 10:25

So far I cant say I have played the game for all that long, I've finished the campaign and tried the free play for a few day's. But I am basically wondering if I am doing something wrong here or if the gameplay mechanics in my opinion are just wrong.

1. When I want to buy materials that the station is offering I have to search in sometime every nook and crany of a station to find what they are selling. Even then the info of what they actually manufacture wont actually show up untill I have 100% info gatherd or close to it.

2. Even when this is found as fast as I buy out what they have for sale or someone else does it dissapears from the list and I am forced to again go to the same station and find the sell part and interact for it to show up again on the market, then it just keeps going like that, buy out it dissapears I have to find it again.

3. Is there a way to make space enemies more interactive, what I mean is that I went to Malestorm to build my base so that I thought I would get attacked more but so far after 10 hours of having built it there I have not been attacked once. Xenos seems to just ignore me and go for the NPC station with sometimes a large force.

4. More of an annoyance but why and how is the auto pilot dropping me out in empty space 1 m km to 1.5 m km away from everything sometimes when I leave it alone to take me places. I have found though that if I have a ship with me that I can dock with and order it to go somewhere it will take me there almost instantly or at most 5 mins basically teleporting back into the game area.

I am playing on v 2.20
Mods I have installed and working far as I can see is Show skills and fuel removal. Crew shows their skills and ships dont use fuel to jump.

vahadar
x4

Re: Large BTO XL shipyard Bugged after repairing ship

Post by vahadar » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 22:34

Acaelus wrote:I'm having an issue where after I repaired one of my ships the shipyard is bugged. The ship finishes it's repairs, and after I try to build a ship at the yard, but no progress is given on the ship I'm trying to build. It gives me the option to view resources, but what appears on the resources menu is the name of the ship I just repaired and there are no resources listed. My only options from the ship dealer at that point are "view available ships" and "view resources". I cannot build, and instead lost the money I gave to him to build the Lyranae I wanted. Would not be such an issue if there were somewhere else I could build these ships, but there is not - and I need the universal storage. Please help me... spent a lot of time trying to resolve this so far and no luck.
I have no real verified answers but those 2 threads might give you some pointers in your case :
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=352083
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 43#4230243

its very old info that was compiled in november so things might have changed.

EDIT : havent seen you are quoting the same first link i mentioned. Try lowering just the ressource needed instead of deleting the queue. Maybe you did it in the wrong shipyard? This will break game if you just followed the exemple and the shipyard you are building at was different.
The second link explain how to edit ressources to finish construction and unstuck the ship

There is also the thread about editing save game if you need more ressources, but it is not really up to date from what i see (havent really played the game since 2013 so i'm not maintaining the thread anymore).
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350404
X:Rebirth XML Savegame edition
Usefull workarounds and tips against bugs or being stuck

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350404

Acaelus

3x Rahanas (container) bug out while looting tagged cargo

Post by Acaelus » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 06:04

So I decided to try my hand at hacking station storage / looting it and wanted to make sure I had enough room so I brought 3x rahanas (container). Hacked the site, tagged the wares and the rahanas' started moving into position, BUT only 1 sent out drones, filled up it's hold, and then the other 2 are just sitting there not picking up the rest of the wares and I am unable to give any commands to them as EVERY command option is greyed out except for "view ship details" and both captains currently have the command "Support Albion Skunk".

So now I have a bunch of wares sitting out in space and 2x Rahanas that are useless, also sitting out in space. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix of any kind? How can I avoid this in the future?

EDIT: I have a theory on part of the cause - it seems that even though I hacked an Arms Supply Fac that a lot of different wares dropped, and perhaps not all of them are container type. This however does not address why I cannot do anything with 2/3 of the Rahanas I built for this, they remain bugged.

EDIT#2: Reloaded and tried with two Rahanas and one of them froze like before - acted as if sending out drones, but never did, stood there all options greyed out...

EDIT#3: Trying with just one Rahans - so far so good... no freeze, however he did decide randomly to fly 20km further away from the station than he was... cargo loading incomplete as of yet. Attempt #1 was using 40 cargo lifting drones - Attempts 2 & 3 using 10 cargo lifting drones for science (and to see if amount of drones played a roll in how many crates were picked up)... aside - come on egosoft, can't you get the AI right on something? This is turning out to be so cumbersome it might as well not even be in the game with how much time I'm having to spend figuring out the little glitches.

EDIT#4: OK - failed to pick up all cargo, possibly due to cargo type (unable to verify) - but there NEEDS to be a method to untag / retag cargo containers so it does not just be comes lost... It is really frustrating honestly. Or is there a method and I just don't know about it?

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 08:49

Hey Guys

Sorry if this has been mentioned, this thread is so big.

I'm doing main plot. Just started building the station...
How did you getting money? I have only one Rahanas, and maybe half mil credit. Ok I could do missions, but those give 30-50K only. Another freighter costs 3mil. Is this the way? Get another freighter, trade more....
But In DeVries the only good demand is ECells and Food. BUT only at first time. Later on EC demands getting low, so there is no any good trade offer in my game. Is this normal? How could I trade for good?
I was read that people build another factory to server demands some NPC factory in DeVries FOR getting lots of money and build plot URV forge.
Yeah... but how did you get that much money to build another factory? :D

So give me some advice please

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 16:03

Undoubtedly the best way to make money early game is to capture freighters with high tech goods and sell them immediately. You can also capture freighters with the goods you need to build stations rather than buy them.

Second biggest money spinner IMO is to upgrade to the police scanner and go long range scanning.
Spoiler
Show
Gemstone manufacture is a good place
It's tedious but you can net a million or so credits in an hour's gameplay.

I normally start by looting a few air vents in stations to upgrade the scanner (don't worry about illegal stuff at this stage as you'll be selling it straight away) Once I have the police scanner I make a couple of million scanning and collecting. Then I buy a squad of marines, an engineer for the skunk and a ship crew and go off and cap a freighter to sell so I can upgrade the skunk further. Plain sailing from there onwards.
Spoiler
Show
In the plot game you are probably best off selling the Taranis you get given as it's pretty useless at that stage of the plot!! It's worth a few million in the state you get it!

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 19:04

wysiwyg wrote:Undoubtedly the best way to make money early game is to capture freighters with high tech goods and sell them immediately. You can also capture freighters with the goods you need to build stations rather than buy them.
I've tried you mentioned, that try long range scan then sell the stuff to vendors. However, I think it takes eons to get few millions. At least for me. Maybe I didn't search in proper place, but I spent more than one and a half hour to search cargo in space, and the net income from them was only 500-600K credit. :(

So decided I try what you mention here, taking enemy freighter then sell them. However, where can I find suitable target? Back at Albion, through jumpgate? Sorry for noob questions, but what is the proper preparation for this kind of operation? I mean how much marine I need? And when I capture the ship, do I need to repair them, or just leave, put them in my group then back to a shipyard and sell?

Appreciate your advice, thanks.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 19:14

What I do early in the game is remote buying and selling construction drones at drone dealers on stations. Prices can be under 80k to buy and over 115k to sell.
Fast and easy money and no faction hate me for it.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 19:28

Pimpace wrote: How did you getting money? I have only one Rahanas, and maybe half mil credit.
I'd pick some freighters with valuable cargo, - for which there are trade offers - hack their cargohold, and after a few hacks you can sell enough goodies to buy marines and marine officer + some missiles.
Then move on to boarding. When i last played about 5-7 capitals got me enough money for a station (filling up the station initially can be quite expensive as well). I would also steal frighters with wares that the station need, manual supply worked much quicker then AI when i last checked.

Maintenance vessels have often large amounts of expensive drones that can be sold back to the SYs instantly.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 6. Aug 14, 16:30

Big freight trading is hard at the beginning, but in mid-late game there will be much more trade opportunities, and not even hacking will be neccessary later.

chrisreb
x3

Post by chrisreb » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 14:36

Having left the game alone whilst it was patched been trying to get back into it.

The manual seems to cover nothing so using the boards and videos to try to progress.

Got as far as hiring a pilot for freighter although had to do that without landing on station as could never get a docking option. More strggles to get captain onto freighter. Now want to add it to a squadron. Again no instructions but video run throughs show options I do not get when targetting the freighter. Before I cinsign the game to the bin is there a guide that I have not found that lists the steps for this basic stuff?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 02:15

Use your property menu to manage your assets, inside that menu you can select ship, then you can select member of the crew and press details to more information, there is a option to "com" your captain, and then options to join squad and so on. For docking you need to get close to a docking platform and then use the action menu, and I mean really close to the icon.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

chrisreb
x3

Post by chrisreb » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 11:32

Thank you - will give it a try. Wish the manual was a bit helpful on basics.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”