Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:51

LaserEye wrote:Can you tell me how your suppose to use the Smalltalk option?
I mean i can select 'Engage: Smalltalk' and then the Minigame starts and Im like ok what button do i press now? can i click on it... why won't ... *insert stumble line when smalltalk failed*
A bar will move left and right, you have to click the mouse when the bar is on the pink and when the pink is as high as possible to get successful talk.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:51

Haysand wrote:
BlackRain wrote: The only time you actually need to leave the ship is to recruit employees and you can minimize time on stations by flying to a dock, selecting the docking icon and looking at the list of employees there. It only lists 4 unfortunately but you can quickly see if someone you need is part of that 4 and choose to move on or not.

edit-- sorry that isn't entirely true, need to exit to buy missiles, drones and such but that isn't often.
I assume it is all equipment, not just the ones you listed?

How about missions?
The upgrades, missiles and drones you must land to buy but this is not frequent. Missions are done completely in ship (except in the campaign you have to land sometimes)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:52

OverclockedKitty wrote:I got to the part where Yisha tells you to buy 100 Units of Energy Cells and such forth to get the plasma weapons. I went to the station and bought them, but the freight ship isn't doing anything. It's just sitting at the station. I've tried several times, loaded a game, tried it, nothing. Please help? =(
The ship might be stuck in the trade action. Try leaving the area through a highway and go to another area. Open up the map and look at your ship in the map and see if it starts to move.

OverclockedKitty

Post by OverclockedKitty » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:56

BlackRain wrote:
OverclockedKitty wrote:I got to the part where Yisha tells you to buy 100 Units of Energy Cells and such forth to get the plasma weapons. I went to the station and bought them, but the freight ship isn't doing anything. It's just sitting at the station. I've tried several times, loaded a game, tried it, nothing. Please help? =(
The ship might be stuck in the trade action. Try leaving the area through a highway and go to another area. Open up the map and look at your ship in the map and see if it starts to move.
I went from Hideout to Gemstone and it's still sitting there like a derp, and it's still telling me to buy the cells from the station.

OverclockedKitty

Post by OverclockedKitty » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:02

Okay, Im sorry, I guess what you said did work, It finally moved. Thank you very much for the help. >_<

Kangaax
x4

Post by Kangaax » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:04

At the VERY BEGINNING (intro sequence) the bottom right monitor of the cockpit shows a gravidar view than reminds me of X3 radar... and then disappears to leave a nice "No Signal". How to get that view back? Radar upgrade / configuration / never gonna ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:05

The gravidar view appears at certain times, it isn't something you can "stick" as far as I know.

Kangaax
x4

Post by Kangaax » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:07

sadface... thanks!

kiwiitis
x3ap

Post by kiwiitis » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:08

Hi
I can't even enter the repair dock in the campaign.Tried and tried I hit things,get stuck even fly through the dome like structure.I double click the dock get the icon to dock click that and nothing happens.Gone fast slowed down everything I can think of and just don't dock.
Possibly I am most likely missing something very obvious to others,me old brain does play tricks sometimes:)

Regards Gramps

rashi nerha
x4

Post by rashi nerha » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:08

How do I repair a boarded capital ship?

It just sitting there being a brick. I transfered a Captain, Engineer and defence guy to it but it wont even fire its weapons at enemies, let alone repair the engine/jumpdrive.

sovietax

Post by sovietax » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:11

How do I talk to the pilot/crew of my other ships? I go to the menu and select crew. My character gets up and walks to the back of the ship.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:13

kiwiitis wrote:Hi
I can't even enter the repair dock in the campaign.Tried and tried I hit things,get stuck even fly through the dome like structure.I double click the dock get the icon to dock click that and nothing happens.Gone fast slowed down everything I can think of and just don't dock.
Possibly I am most likely missing something very obvious to others,me old brain does play tricks sometimes:)

Regards Gramps
Hi, fly up to it. Select it once with the mouse, make sure you have it selected, it will appear in your little screen on the bottom right. Then double click it quickly and the option to dock will pop up. Select it, and bam there you go. You have to be close enough, try getting closer if you can't do it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:15

rashi nerha wrote:How do I repair a boarded capital ship?

It just sitting there being a brick. I transfered a Captain, Engineer and defence guy to it but it wont even fire its weapons at enemies, let alone repair the engine/jumpdrive.
If you have an engineer on board the capital ship, you also need the correct drone type on board for repairs. I think construction URV's. The engineer will repair it to about 70% but not completely. To get complete repairs, you go to a SHIP DEALER, located on a shipyard (Shipyard in Albion is in Shady vault). Speak to the Ship dealer and there are options for repair. You should be able to do this even if the ship isn't there, I think. You can also buy the construction URV drones and get them on the ship but that wont be full repairs.

beach07
x3

Post by beach07 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:15

Anyone know what the orange plasma/electric-looking things are in the blue highways? Am I supposed to try going through those for a speed boost or do they slow you down or possibly damage your ship?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:16

sovietax wrote:How do I talk to the pilot/crew of my other ships? I go to the menu and select crew. My character gets up and walks to the back of the ship.
That is only to talk to the crew on the Albion skunk. To talk to a captain on another ship, you can go to the property list in the menu, enter, info, property list and select the CO command next to the ship you want to talk to and the menu will open up. Alternately, if the ship is in front of you, double click the ship.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:17

beach07 wrote:Anyone know what the orange plasma/electric-looking things are in the blue highways? Am I supposed to try going through those for a speed boost or do they slow you down or possibly damage your ship?
Wont damage you or anything. Just effects I believe. To go faster, get behind another ship in it's slipstream. If you are able to get behind a ship you will speed up behind it.

rashi nerha
x4

Post by rashi nerha » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:17

BlackRain wrote:

If you have an engineer on board the capital ship, you also need the correct drone type on board for repairs. I think construction URV's. The engineer will repair it to about 70% but not completely. To get complete repairs, you go to a SHIP DEALER, located on a shipyard (Shipyard in Albion is in Shady vault). Speak to the Ship dealer and there are options for repair. You should be able to do this even if the ship isn't there, I think. You can also buy the construction URV drones and get them on the ship but that wont be full repairs.
There are 15 construction drones already on the ship. They are not doing anything. How do I activate them? Construction drones cannot be carried on the player ship so I cant do them manually.

The ship got down to 3% hull at some point

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:18

beach07 wrote:Ah, turns out I WAS moving the slider the wrong way when selling. Oops.

BUT I still can't buy the other shields, only the shields I just sold. Is there some incompatability with certain shields I'm not aware of?

I'm trying to buy either the Behemoth Mk2 or Dashing Shield MK2, while selling my previously installed Steady Shield MK1. Do I need to have the MK1 versions first or something?

Something tells me I'm missing something basic, like the slider thing lol.
I just got to the part you mentioned and I was able to sell both my shields by sliding the slider to the LEFT, it starts out on the right. I was able to buy one behemoth mk2, wouldn't let me buy 2, not sure why. I didn't have enough money for the other shield so I just rebought my steady shield.
Last edited by BlackRain on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:19

rashi nerha wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

There are 15 construction drones already on the ship. They are not doing anything. How do I activate them? Construction drones cannot be carried on the player ship so I cant do them manually.

You cant carry construction drones on your player ship but you can transfer them to other ships somehow.

As for the hull, it may be that the engineer ONLY repairs modules. Look at the modules and see if they are full health. I thought it should also repair the hull but it might be that the only way to repair the hull is to go to a ship dealer.

rashi nerha
x4

Post by rashi nerha » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:21

BlackRain wrote:
rashi nerha wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

You cant carry construction drones on your player ship but you can transfer them to other ships somehow.

As for the hull, it may be that the engineer ONLY repairs modules. Look at the modules and see if they are full health. I thought it should also repair the hull but it might be that the only way to repair the hull is to go to a ship dealer.
I am aware I cannot carry them on the player ship, hence why I said so in your quote. How do I get the damaged capital ship to launch its construction drones?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”