[1.17] Trade Fails To Complete (Due to Ship Collision?)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Margarine

[1.17] Trade Fails To Complete (Due to Ship Collision?)

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:15

Version : 1.17 (English)
Mods : Warning System Extension, Version 0.01 *
Game Type : Campaign
Problem : My Rahanas ship is attempting to sell a quantity of energy cells at ML Med Dispensary I. While it is moving into position it collides with a number of small ships in a space traffic lane. The Rahannas appears to align with the trading dock but fails to strafe close enough to begin trade. I believe this is because the collisions with the smaller ships cause it to stop short of its destination.

At the time I am just following the ship doing the trade. I keep my distance to ensure it will not collide with me.

I have my no changes to my save file. The only customization is the mod mentioned above. I cannot try to reproduce my bug without significant effort as I cannot load the saves without the mod installed. If necessary however I am prepared to try to reproduce this without the extension installed but it will take an evening.

To reproduce please load the save provided**. The Rahanas ship will be in your view near the trade port mentioned. Give the ship time to move away from the station and try again to dock. Note that when it has aligned it will begin to collide with the space traffic and fail to being trading.

Have not provided DXDiag but willing to do so over email on request.

You guys are awesome and you are making an awesome game. Keep it up.

* See http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 4913b71d4b
** https://mega.co.nz/#!sEFGyZxB!c6xALRoav ... NyjwKzniAk

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:13

So I tried to work around this issue by going to another port. And I ran into a similar issue.

To reproduce load the save provided*** Watch the Rahanna ship try to dock at the energy trader in front of you. Note that as the Rehanna tries to dock an energy harvester appears to be in the way and so the ship never gets close enough to begin trading.

*** https://mega.co.nz/#!MFFADQDI!DEW5ACbVN ... wlXQe6xTrM

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 16:38

while you out of sector collision system is disabled,
and it was disabled for traders in 1.17 even while you in zone specifically to fix that problem (and that created several other major bugs),

there are half of threads now which refers to 1.17 trading bugs, better to write there, because creating new threads about that issue don't help gets developers correct summary.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=354205

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 18:52

dmk wrote:while you out of sector collision system is disabled,
and it was disabled for traders in 1.17 even while you in zone specifically to fix that problem (and that created several other major bugs),
Hmm interesting. I might try to reproduce the issue while being out of sector. However, If you try my first save you will clearly see that while in sector ships collide with the Rahanna while it is trying to dock. THere are a few ships that pass through but not many.
dmk wrote:there are half of threads now which refers to 1.17 trading bugs, better to write there, because creating new threads about that issue don't help gets developers correct summary.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=354205
I don't really agree. This post follows the guidelines laid out in http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347235 which asks for specific replication steps and a detailed description of what went wrong. The thread you mentioned is just full of people saying 'Trading is broken' with very little detail and no replication steps.

If I could know for sure that the issues were the same I would join that thread but the fact that they are both related to trading doesn't necessarily make them the same issue.

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:26

I just tried the suggestion of leaving the sector on the first save. Here is what I did.

1) Load up the first save I provided.
2) Tell the Rahnnas to leave my squad and join my squad.
3) Enter the highway and ride it to Watergate.
4) Open the zone map for Sinister Poem and watch the Rahannas movements.

I can see on 4) that it positions itself roughly where the trade dock is. It sits there for a very brief moment then flies to join me. However, no goods have left the ship, no message is given by the captain and the trade is still listed in the Planned Trips section.

I do observe though that the Captains command changes to following the Albion Skunk.

Here is another thing I tried.

1) Load up the first save I provided.
2) Tell the Rahnnas to leave my squad
3) Enter the highway and ride it to Watergate.
4) Open the zone map for Sinister Poem and watch the Rahannas movements.

In this case the Rahannas looks like it tries to do the trade then it just parks up in the sector. Again, no message from the captain, no goods leave the ship and the trade order is still listed in the Planned Trips section.

I do observe though that the Captains command changes to "None"

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:00

I just discovered this game has a log UI. When I do the following;

1) Load up the second save.
2) Remove the Rahanna from my squad and add them again.

I see the ship try to dock with the trading port. It gets into the right position, and says tradiing is imminent then instantly undocks. The log has the following message.
[timestamp: 1385322868]: Error: Error in AI script trade.performplayertraderun on entity 0x5369: Custom trade failed, and here is why:
I call this log message the 'Cliffhanger' :lol:

monkeyshots

Post by monkeyshots » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:06

reasoncode 8192 (0x2000 - 010000000000000b)

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:11

monkeyshots wrote:reasoncode 8192 (0x2000 - 010000000000000b)
I think Monkeyshots is referring to http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350070

lenat
x3tc

Post by lenat » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:24

Margarine wrote: I call this log message the 'Cliffhanger' :lol:
:lol: :lol: :D

...Is it possible that trading in the entire game is no longer working?
'Cause I see other ships waiting to finish trading and goods not getting to their destination.

Would be smart to stop playing, before this "1.7-Patch-Bug" destroyed the game-economy? I think so ;)

darthmoll
x4

Post by darthmoll » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:25

lenat wrote:
Margarine wrote: I call this log message the 'Cliffhanger' :lol:
:lol: :lol: :D

...Is it possible that trading in the entire game is no longer working?
'Cause I see other ships waiting to finish trading and goods not getting to their destination.

Would be smart to stop playing, before this "1.7-Patch-Bug" destroyed the game-economy? I think so ;)
trade system isnt working with patch 1.17 and hotfix. i think everybody is having this issue

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:58

I can confirm this, trader is going nuts, leaving drones in space and going around not finishing trades correctly.

1.17 has become very stable though, no CTD's for me.

So I guess focus should be on making commerce work for once and for all.

darthmoll
x4

Post by darthmoll » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:14

ezra-r wrote:I can confirm this, trader is going nuts, leaving drones in space and going around not finishing trades correctly.

1.17 has become very stable though, no CTD's for me.

So I guess focus should be on making commerce work for once and for all.
i aggree. if they make the trade work and also the cargo lifters for buildding new ships. then we will get some work done. patch 1.17 works perfect here. runs smooth full detail at 189 frames per second. really good.

lets hope they wont screw things up if they make a new patch.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”