[MOD]Battlestar Galactica X3ap[14/11/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 14:24

@fiby
Yeah, in the series Galactica (as well as any other battlestar) is really huge ship and hosts thousands of crew and personnel, billions of tons of cargo etc. But in our mod we have to balance somehow BSG ships with existing X3 ship. So yes, maybe you're right and Galactica must be bigger, but we can't increase it's size without breaking in game balance! Anyway, it's still huge comparing to vanilla X-univerce ships...

MilesRS
x4

Post by MilesRS » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 22:36

@fiby
You are right as max has confirmed! I will take a look at this, the problem is that the ships are already huge in comparison to the x universe vessels. Increasing them even more could have adverse effects!! As well as that make them any bigger than they already are and they start to look out of place in relation to the rest of the xuniverse, i think what we have at the moment is a pretty good balance.
---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
---- X3ap BSG: Terra Incognita mod (in development)----
Latest update: 31/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S3YB ... ef=2&pli=1
OR
https://goo.gl/TH215l

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 00:41

Hi There! :P

And don't Forget if we increase it's size then it will not fit on the gates, not fit on the stations docks and so on...
And not for saying that will be very hard to navigate on sectors with all the traffic and stations. It will be like driving a station troiugh out the sectors.

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Latest version of BSG Mod ver 3.1a.1
Release Date 2016-09-11

Google Drive- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7B94x ... sp=sharing

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 18:05

Hi,

First of all, great mod. I just start playing it, and as a big galactica fan, it's a must play for me.

But I have a question, does anyone know this mod is compatible with IEX 1.5a ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645 ).

Also if you play the BSG new start, will the ap /terran plot's starting the normal (vanilla) way?

Thanks.

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 20:24

Informer wrote:Hi,

First of all, great mod. I just start playing it, and as a big galactica fan, it's a must play for me.

But I have a question, does anyone know this mod is compatible with IEX 1.5a ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645 ).

Also if you play the BSG new start, will the ap /terran plot's starting the normal (vanilla) way?

Thanks.
Hi Informer,
IEX is not compatible with BSGAP UNLESS you remove the LensFlare file in the BSGAP .Cat/.Dat files using X3 Editor 2. Otherwise. when you enter certain sectors, after a minute it will crash.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 21:03

Thanks for the quick reply m8 :)

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 21:36

Thanks for your reply, it's still great to command this ship! Out of curiosity is it possible or easy to change the amount of fighter ships docked for a personal modification?

ioae

Post by ioae » Sun, 20. Jul 14, 03:49

Really love the mod. Any chance of you releasing a LU compatible version? :D

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 20. Jul 14, 04:53

BTW the other option for scale is to reduce the size of the vipers, after all everything is relative ;)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Sun, 20. Jul 14, 09:50

@Informer
Yes, both "Operation Loose Ends" and "Albion Prelude" plots start and work in vanilla way.
@fiby
Yes, you have to open mod's .cat using X3-Editor 2 (the easiest way), find TShips, find the ship you want to change and just change the amount of dock ports =)
@ioae
I doubt it. You'll actually have to make one new mod, combining both BSG and LU (because you have to use only one version of any T files). Even if someone will combine both mods in one, it'll be a hell to update one of part (BSG or LU) every time manually. So i'm not sure if somebody would like doing such work... We're currently working on the new mod, so no time for anything else, sorry.
@TrixX
Yeah, it's an option, but in this case vipers will be really hard to hit with some powerful, but slow weapon, which will make them imbalanced again xD

Cheers.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 00:51

stupid question, how the heck do I install this :o

I copied my vanilla install to a separate folder and copied the mod contents from their zip file over, but theres no new game start :o

Frstwlfz
x4

Post by Frstwlfz » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 02:18

Hello,

Great mod. The ships are very detailed and the first few missions I've done are interesting.

I have a little problem however:
On the first page, it is stated "Energy Cell generator: already implemented" but I cannot find any. I've seen FTL Coils but I have no idea how they work, I have no options for the generator in the "Special" section of the ship console (or any other section).

I had the generator installed before installing your mod, so I uninstalled it and tried a new game since I thought it might have been an incompatibility but still nothing.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you for the great mod!

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 08:35

ok, so I realized, that since Ive copied the filed to a different folder I needed to also use the no steam exe to get it to load that folders files including the mod... duuuuh...

hehe, anyhow, so the mods installed, but I dont have time to play it now cause of work, but whilst the mod loads and theres the introduction about pegasus, I still dont see a bsg start ?

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 13:23

@Frstwlfz
Hm, i'm not sure why you don't have the generator, try to reinstall it again (above the BSG mod already installed). It's a pretty simple script, so there should be no incompatibilities at all...

@zibafu
Have you activated the mod in the game's settings window?(the small one, appears before the game itself launches) You need to click "select mod package" and select the BSG mod there!

Cheers.

Frstwlfz
x4

Post by Frstwlfz » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 14:59

Hello,

I've reinstalled it after your mod as per your instructions and it worked. Thank you, now I can fully enjoy your great work!

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 17:44

MaxVatutin wrote:@Frstwlfz
Hm, i'm not sure why you don't have the generator, try to reinstall it again (above the BSG mod already installed). It's a pretty simple script, so there should be no incompatibilities at all...

@zibafu
Have you activated the mod in the game's settings window?(the small one, appears before the game itself launches) You need to click "select mod package" and select the BSG mod there!

Cheers.

haha, funnily enough I thought that today at work, got home, and got it working...

Now, I've ran through some of the start of the bsg game start, I have just been given a geminon traveller to collect wares with, whilst the battle rages around me, this battle has been going on for a while now, the base star and the battlestars seem to be all be invincible, all having hull strengths of 93% and its held there for the last half hour.

Is this intentional, am I just supposed to collect stuff until something happens ?

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 19:01

@zibafu
You're supposed to keep fighting raiders and increasing your fight rank. When you'll reach the appropriate rank the plot will go on...

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 22:23

hey guys, just a other question,

Is this mod also compatible with LIFE-V0.95b Mod?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

thanks.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 22:38

MaxVatutin wrote:@zibafu
You're supposed to keep fighting raiders and increasing your fight rank. When you'll reach the appropriate rank the plot will go on...

ahhh ok makes sense :twisted:

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 09:13

@Informer
If you'll look at the "compatibility" part of the LIFE's fist post, you'll get the answer xD But yes, Shush has made his mod relatively compatible with ours (we've been discussing a couple of things concerning compatibility some time ago). So you should try it =)
@Zibafu
Yeah, makes) But actually we don't have any play through of the mod yet to just give a link, so still have to answer personally any time people have some troubles with the mod.

Cheers.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”