X3TC Traders not trading

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bixxi3
x4

X3TC Traders not trading

Post by bixxi3 » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 17:11

ok so I got my first ST up to UT he's a level 10 lazy ass pilot. he completes 1 trade then sends me a message saying he is ready for more orders. He doesn't use his jumpdrive and he does the same thing if he is in ST mode with jumprange above 0. infact he only seems to keep trading when in ST mode with a JR of 0. nothing is wrong with his ship, he has fight drones and I have enough money to keep him trading .

Have I missed something? I thought these guys were supposed to be auto traders. my game is ver 3.2 with the bonus pack, unmodified. any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

jgarriso
x3ap

Post by jgarriso » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 17:16

I don't get whats so great about MK3 Trade software either. I have a few local traders running in Terran space. They don't get stuck as often as yours, but I frequently see them flying halfway across the solar system with a load of 5 energy cells or something ridiculous.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 17:56

Check his cargo bay it may be full of stuff he can't sell I had this problem with UT's myself and that is normally where the problem is.

bixxi3
x4

Post by bixxi3 » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 18:04

Thanks you! that fixed it. Do you know if my UT need sats in the sectors that i want them to trade in?

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 20:43

No sats required, only that you have discovered them.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 28. Oct 13, 08:01

I have around thirty Sector Traders, and I do not bother with Universal Traders.
The ST are all homebased to a couple of crystal fabs, and between the Fabs and the Traders, the money goes up slowly but reliably.

Every few hours I scan the list to make any that are on standby go out to trade, but this happens less with more experience gained by the STs.

I only us the traders to make the ecenomy work and move cargo around, making credits is not my goal with them.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 28. Oct 13, 14:39

You have to start them in key sectors, for them to not stay in standby. Energy Factory with a Food source and Final Food Source tend to be great training sectors. (such as "The Wall".)

And tend to be vary lucrative once they can jump to a neighboring sectors, which begins at level 6 and increases every 2 levels after that until level 20.
(Power Circle is good for this.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”