Joined: 26 Sep 2013
|Posted: Thu, 26. Sep 13, 05:18 Post subject: SOLUTION for X-T not starting on Windows
I couldn't get X-Tension running on Win832bit. I tried compatibility mode, and that didn't work.
Here's how I fixed it:
1. Find the install directory (for me it was go into steam, right click on game>>properties>>local content>>browse, for you it may be C:\Program Files\somethingsomething)
2. Find the file X-TENSION.exe
3. Right click, select properties
4. Select compatibility tab at top of properties window
5. Check the box "reduced colour mode", and select 16-bit colour
Now it launches!
Now that was in Windows 8. I'm not sure if that option is available on Windows 7, however, I have heard that you can do this:
1. Go to control panel
2. Go to display settings
3. Change colour from 32 bit to 16 bit
That'll affect your whole computer, but it should work.