Taking down Argon Prime

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ianbillmorris
x3tc

Taking down Argon Prime

Post by ianbillmorris » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 23:39

So, this play through I am playing Terran, and I want revenge for the destruction of the Torus, therefore before I make peace with the Argon I want to level Argon Prime. What I can't figure out is the best way to do this. If I jump in with destroyers RFF will wipe me out, and bombers trigger a similar response, What would people recommend to level the sector? Fleets of bombers spamming missiles, M7M's? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Ian "Bill" Morris

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 23:46

Fast capital ship. Jump in and attack something, then run. Defend against and destroy fighters/missiles, lead enemy capitals away from gates and targets. Jump back to gate and meet bombers as they jump in one at a time and empty missile bays until nothing is left standing.

If you don't like bombers lead enemy caps far enough away that you have time to torch the place with your destroyer.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 23:49

Be at peace.
Build up you millitary presence "for support against Paranid terrorists".
When you have a decent sized fleet. , level Argon Prime.

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 05:10

The false peace method will work best. get all your guns in place then change global Friend Foe and broadcast while they have "attack all enemies" as their current command.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 12:22

ahddib wrote:The false peace method will work best. get all your guns in place then change global Friend Foe and broadcast while they have "attack all enemies" as their current command.
Thankyou :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”