Argon turn against me while seta for an hour.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johnnwho

Argon turn against me while seta for an hour.

Post by johnnwho » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 08:04

Hey I am not sure if this is just me but the Argon is my highest notoriety but I decided to leave the game on SETA for about an hour and to come back having the Argon killed both of my bases within their territory and my notoriety with them the lowest possible. I looked through my message log and see absolutely no reason why this would happen.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 08:11

What bases were they ?.

If they were space fuel or weed fab's in Argon space then that was an expected result.

johnnwho

Post by johnnwho » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 08:28

I have bases in Unknown Sector (from Legends Home), Antigone Memorial (first base attacked) and Aladna Hill.

The base that gets attacked first contains:

Solar Power Plant XL x3
Silcon Mine L x4
Ore Mine L x5
Wheat Farm L x1
Flour Farm L x3
Cattle Ranch L x5
Cattle Ranch M x1
Sun Oil Refinery L x3
Rimes Fact x1
Cahoona Bakery L x5
Cahoona Bakery M x1
Weapons Component Factory x1
Shield Production Fac 1MJ x1
Shield Production Fac 200MJ x1
Satellite Factory x1
Quantum Tube Fab x1
Mosquito Missile Fact x1
Impulse Ray Emitter Forge x1
Hammer Torpedo Facbrication Fac x1
Flail Missile Production Fac x1
Crystal Fab x4
Computer Plant x4
Chip Plant x1

chrisco54
x4

Post by chrisco54 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 09:07

What sector were you in when you left it in SETA?
If you were in either Antigone or Aladna then NPC's could have crashed into your complex. I'm sure it would be the same as them smashing into you at a gate.
Otherwise one of your ships could have the Argon set to enemy under the friend foe option.

johnnwho

Post by johnnwho » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 09:38

I always SETA in Unknown Sector so I don't constantly get scanned.

After a bit of searching I believe there is a penalty for using SETA for an extended period. Although I am not 100% sure that this should eventually cause them to attack me.

And all my combat ships are docked.
Eclipse x9
Aquilos x1
Centaur is me in SETA

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 12:24

johnnwho wrote:After a bit of searching I believe there is a penalty for using SETA for an extended period. Although I am not 100% sure that this should eventually cause them to attack me.
As far as I know, idling affects only your trade & combat rank, not race notoriety, spawns, or anything else.

Did you idle in the same sector as your complex? I guess it's possible that some Argon ship crashed into some of your assets while visiting your complex, although it seems highly unlikely that would drop your race rep very far.

Are you running any scripts or mods? Also, which game is this?

johnnwho

Post by johnnwho » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 12:43

Carlo the Curious wrote:
johnnwho wrote:After a bit of searching I believe there is a penalty for using SETA for an extended period. Although I am not 100% sure that this should eventually cause them to attack me.
As far as I know, idling affects only your trade & combat rank, not race notoriety, spawns, or anything else.

Did you idle in the same sector as your complex? I guess it's possible that some Argon ship crashed into some of your assets while visiting your complex, although it seems highly unlikely that would drop your race rep very far.

Are you running any scripts or mods? Also, which game is this?
I was idling in Unknown Sector next to Legends Home as to avoid "Scans" that would stop SETA.
I am running stock version of X3AP with the Bonus pack.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 13:22

Well, from what you've described thus far, you shouldn't get attacked! Which is why the suggestions so far have been about possible collisions.

In addition to the question of what game and what mods you are running, which you've answered, we also need to know where you are in terms of the main plots. There is a step in the AP plots where your assets (complexes) do get attacked on purpose, in retaliation related to the plots. I don't want to spoiler more, but please let us know which main plot you are currently progressing, if any.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 13:38

Also you could check your ships command console - maybe some has argons as enemy, and could have started the aggression.
Weird, because you need to hurt them quite a lot before reaching bottom rank from the top (for me it took a few hours of killing and boarding with the terrans at least - several tens of destroyers and carriers had to be wasted or boarded).
And you definitely need a perfect and strong defence system to achieve this so quickly without losses (that would show up in log).
Last edited by pref on Sat, 21. Sep 13, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 13:39

Have you checked each of your ships to see if friend or foe is set wrongly to argon as foe. or enemy. whatever.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 13:52

The so called penalty is with SETA, to loose fighting and trading rank, nothing else. If a bigger ship constantly colliding with your factory, that can become enemy. Even if thats the case, to decrease from full to hostile is a slow process. No collisions outside sector.....
After many thousands of hours ingame (SETA or not) never experienced such thing like you describe.

edit: that is a good thing if ou mention which exact game is. There are few problems with notoriety in AP... for example.... Terrran lasertowers....
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

johnnwho

Post by johnnwho » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 14:41

I just loaded back into the game and I have gotten upto the point where I was under attack. it doesn't seem to be SETA's fault anymore they are just attacking. All my ships have argon tagged as friendly. They just came into the Antigone Memorial and started attacking.

The game is X3 Albion Prelude
The point in the plot which I am up to is to get my hands on a Xenon L

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 17:22

Did you make a police force mad before and then perhaps they just made it to one of your factories at that point and started destroying them? Or just something along those lines? Police forces can be a pain. The part of the plot that you are in should not have any ill effects as mentioned, I just finished that part of the plot and had nothing of the sort.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 20:04

Did you ever take a 'return abandoned ship' mission and keep the ship?
You don't lose awhole lot of notoriaty, but if the ship is big enough (which would be the reason for keeping it), a decent sized police force shows up, which ARE hostile to you. Maybe that's the start of the conflict.

I still can't imagine how such a thing would desolve to all out war though

chrisco54
x4

Post by chrisco54 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 23:34

I have bases in Unknown Sector (from Legends Home)
I was idling in Unknown Sector next to Legends Home
My guess is still the same, ships crashing into your complex. You'll still take rep loss if your complex is in an unknown sector. I would check by going in that sector, opening the sector map, and hit SETA to see if wares start to pop up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”