Question Regarding "X: Beyond The Frontier" (X-BTF) in 1080p

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sticky Hamster
x3tc

Question Regarding "X: Beyond The Frontier" (X-BTF) in 1080p

Post by Sticky Hamster » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 10:14

Hi, I just purchased the series and I'm hoping to be able to play through all of the games in order.

I believe that "X: Beyond The Frontier" (X-BTF) is the first game...if I'm wrong on that please correct me.

My question: Is there a way to run the game in 1920x1080p mode without it cutting off part of the top and bottom of the screen?

Although I can run the game in other modes it doesn't look as nice, plus it seems that my monitor looks odd (almost like darker colors are lighter/washed out) when I don't run it in 1080p.

Thank you for any help you can provide!!

blotunga
xr

Post by blotunga » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 10:21

Yesterday I've installed it on my other laptop and I honestly don't remember already. But I think it was some sort of crop with the sides cut down

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 10:41

The game came out before widescreen monitors were available. We made some tweaks to allow widescreen resolutions to be selected, but support for widescreen modes is limited to what you see currently.

Igor in Space
x3ap

Post by Igor in Space » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 11:22

I run it at 1280 x 1024. That does not give you any cropping although you do get a frame at the top of the screen. If you can learn to ignore that it is probably the best resolution to run the game at.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”