[X3AP] Missile locks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

[X3AP] Missile locks

Post by pref » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 20:19

I dont really get something in missile behaviour - i was boarding a Woden, while being attacked by 2 Tokyos.
I sent a barrage on one of them to let my woden jump out safely, but all the excess missiles started for the Woden (which switched ownership meanwhile, before they hit the Tokyo). Even though there were other enemy ships nearby (and closer then the woden).
Can i affect somehow what missiles will target? Pretty annoying, got her at 47% hull because of this (i did maybe 50% damage rest was by terran forces..).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 20:22

no the missiles locked onto the woden before you capped it and an ownership change makes no difference once they have been launched.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 13:56

Seems they have a target 'plan' already at launch then. Since ownership changed before retargeting...

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 14:01

I think you're correct - once a missile locks a target it won't change its mind unless the target blows up, and even then only some missiles.

I had problems with this too, albeit on a much smaller scale - got a ship to bail from a mission, hopped out to claim it and suddenly a torpedo fired by the local M2 about 3 minutes ago makes contact. :P

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 14:12

Just to make clear original target was not the Woden. Seems missiles make their own decisions regardless of ownership :D
Woden was mine before they hit the original target. When retargeting, they went for my ship.
Such a pity that i cant have any number of missiles in a barrage.

After some time the missiles were still flying around where the woden was once - looked funny too.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”