(AP) Recon Droness?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delstars
x3tc

(AP) Recon Droness?

Post by delstars » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 07:27

So I'm looking through a shipyard and find a factory producing recon drones. I checked my encyclopaedia and couldn't find anything on recon drones. I also did a quick search on the forum but saw nothing about them. So my question, what are they? Is it worth buying the factory? Does anybody have any experience with them, are they useful?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 07:40

No knowledge of AP, but in TC they are just a ware, and a very nasty one at that. There is exactly one dock in the universe that buys them. It stocks like ten and consumes them like a fat man eats health food...as in hardly at all. Add to that that there are a couple fabs right in the sector producing them and it becomes basically impossible to get rid of them.

They are the Nividium of manufactured goods. The only way to get rid of them is to load them in a ship and sell the ship at a shipyard.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 15:00

In Ap they are functional and you can use them to scout a sector, but will get destroyed if they run out of energy before you collect them. M5s are imo better for this as they won't self destruct and aren't that much more expensive, but if you are flying around in a M6 or lower ship and want to scout a hostile sector they can be handy as they don't need a docking spot on your ship as they fit in the cargo bay.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 15:15

They were likely a plot element in Reunion (can't remember, slightly remember having to use something for the asteroid tunnel sections.) or a previous X game and were just left in the game.

Much like the remote guided warhead, where you can't remote guide it outside story missions.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 16:13

In X3AP they're actually pretty good for a ship with hangar space, but where you don't want to use up a hangar spot for a scout M5. Basically the drones can use the hangar capability to land themselves back in the cargohold of the M7 ship, and they're pretty good for scouting ahead so you don't jump blind into an enemy gate camp.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”