[MOD] Ency-Mod- get the REAL X-Universe! FINAL EDITION

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

[MOD] Ency-Mod- get the REAL X-Universe! FINAL EDITION

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 17:58

Hello, modders and gamers out there! Here you can get a X-Universe, as it should be! The universe directly from the crative heads of egosoft- the encyclopedia-universe! Normally, I'm a person writing mostly at the german part of this forum, but I decided to upload my mod (for Albion Prelude!) also in english forums, of course in an english version. This is it! This mod wants to bring the encyclopedia-elements known also from the german novels by Helge T. Kautz and the novel 'Dominion' into Albion Prelude.

It changes backgrounds, planets, whole sectors, to create the unique and interesting places known from the encyclopedia. It is also a graphical upgrade with more realistic oceans, orbital planets and the milky way in every sector without too many dust. You can find unique backgrounds and planets, and also unused hidden features like planet-like suns. planets with clearly strung-together-textures where replaced and there are now many different continental shapes.

And there are new unique models for gonerships, the starliner and new aviable D2s, small civil ships without weapons. Terran station models now are used to identify different types of stations, weapon stations have similar forms as example. On Albion you can find a little outlook on the big modding project i'm working on, a little PMC yard with special industrial mining ships and a new PoA-Type version.

A new feature is a little shipyard for every race, aviable at the big shipyards you can find in or nearby the old Xbtf sectors. It works like a HQ, with a smaller stock and only one big dock. Only big ships from the race the shipyard is from fit into this dock! Race-specificly blueprint for a M4 is already installed!

And with its final update you will find every Rebirth-system reworked to fit with the Rebirth Enzy version!

This upgrades the X-Universe without changing story or intention of the original game. All storylines should be playable!

I want to thank:
-Master3553 for familliarizing and MikaToXxic (not a Egosoft-forum-member) for helping me translating this mod from german into english!
-xsereneix, jakerobson_tul, Qzma, RedXen und CaBoose77 from DeviantArt for Inspirations and their wonderful textures, base for the new terrains
-moonrat for his IEX Mod, I merged his Trifid-Nebula with my reworked NASA-Pic
- and of course NASA for genius Hubble- and satellite images, the one and only base for realistic textures
I hope, I didn't forgot someone... :)

Screens:

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Download via mega.co.nz:

http://goo.gl/S7VA1O

To see all desctriptions you should activate subtitles! Vanilla savegames didn't work in most cases, you have to start a new game! write, when you have a problem- but keep your english as easy as possible... :wink:
If you're german, use the german thread:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

greetings, MJ Fire
Last edited by Commodore MJ Fire on Mon, 1. Sep 14, 22:03, edited 9 times in total.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 19:28

holy mother of .... awesome!

did you change planet textures, or did you create new planets with new textures and used them instead?

uhm... i'm getting readtext errors.

the mod it self seems fine, but no new texts :/

vanilla
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 20:03

Most of this is realized by textures. I've created new cloud and continental textures to realize what I want. you can do many things with textures, and i realized that when i try to create better planetary textures for X2. for the orbital planets i use a bumtexture on the planets and under the right light this makes an impossible look for the clouds. But not only the texture itself, but also the Material information in the bod files where changed so that they can use the bumps...
greetings MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:02

hm, the german texts work (there are no negative posts there and in my game they're working), i will check, why there is no text...
greetings MJ Fire

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:04

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:hm, the german texts work (there are no negative posts there and in my game they're working), i will check, why there is no text...
greetings MJ Fire
well the funny thing is that not even all new sectors appeared on map :/

only eris and the one connected to asteroid belt.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:11

Very simple mistake, i've found it, i will fix it and upload the fixed data...for all with the Doubleshadow editors, who dont want to load the mod again: extract 0004-L044 from addon/t/, open with simple text editor, there is a langage id- change from 49 to 44, save and put it back into the mod. Silly mistake! Sorry :oops:
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:15

hm, are there more new sectors? I think I only create 2 new, the others are already existing before... whe're they are, in which sectors are the gates to this new sectors?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:24

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:hm, are there more new sectors? I think I only create 2 new, the others are already existing before... whe're they are, in which sectors are the gates to this new sectors?
nvm, i thought there are more, since four sectors are named in the text file

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:35

yes, but 2 sectors, The Hole and the last of the unknown sectors in the Oort Cloud getting new names ('The Hole, Hatikvahs League' and 'Orion Alpha')
you will see it, when I'm uploading the fixed version...
greetings MJ Fire

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:39

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:yes, but 2 sectors, The Hole and the last of the unknown sectors in the Oort Cloud getting new names ('The Hole, Hatikvahs League' and 'Orion Alpha')
you will see it, when the fixed version is loaded...
yeah, it's working, fixed it :)

sector description for the hole has a mistake. Hewa is reffered to as a "he/his".
it should be "it" and "its".

you should upload text file separately, so you don't have to upload the entire mod every time.

all in all, this is a wonderfully looking mod :)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 00:10

oh, we missed this mistake, sorry... yes, I can do that, but not everyone has a ModManager... :wink:
Arg, so many little mistakes, its horrible...
I fix this little mistake and reload it. The fixed Mod with the working .xml is now online.
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 02:56

All is fixed, the Mod now should be already. have fun!
Sorry for the mistakes in the original upload... :oops:
greetings, MJ Fire

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 08:39

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:oh, we missed this mistake, sorry... yes, I can do that, but not everyone has a ModManager... :wink:
Arg, so many little mistakes, its horrible...
I fix this little mistake and reload it. The fixed Mod with the working .xml is now online.
greetings, MJ Fire
thanks!

you don't need mod manager, just copy paste text file into addon/t.

people round here can manage it ;)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:26

Right, I forgot, this works... Ok, I will upload the file, if there are more mistakes to fix...
greetings, MJ Fire

salleonis
x3tc

Post by salleonis » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 10:52

Hi Commodore, installed your mod on AP 3.0 whit bonus pack.
Terran start,new game(you are right old save game do not work :D) fly to QUASI test facility,bought unfocussed jumpdrive and camouflage device.Unfocussed jump working but how to activate camouflage device?
Last edited by salleonis on Thu, 19. Sep 13, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 19:30

Ah, right, in vanilla this device is only a non-functional placeholder without effect :oops: , I thought it would be a nice looking feature aviable on QUASI... , but I know there is a script somewhere in community making this device work, but I can't find it... this of course makes your ship not really visual invisible (I think, but this would be a nice feature :D ), but it makes that other ships (enemies at first) don't react to your movements and presence as if you're not there. I know about a "invincible" script-command that has the same effect, I think (I tried it and the enemy terrans ignore me completely, so it can work with this) But i'm not good enough in scripting, so, when anybody makes it work, so that you can activate and deactivate the device, it would be nice, and I would upload it quickly, when I get permission to do that...
Hm, I thought that the gateless jumpdrive is also like the cloaking device a non-working feature, or it works only in galaxy editor, what can you do with it- and how?
greetings, MJ Fire

PS: there is a trick to load some savegames (cannot guarantee that it works): in vanilla, use a buster or other ship wasn't changed and jump with it to one of the emty gateless-Jump outranges Sectors (Or another sector without stations and planets and with a non-changed background, the outrange-sectors should work) then save (with salvage insurance- is this the english name for it?) and install the Mod, then it could be that the game can load the savegame. But of course many features you can find on the new map (stations, special planets and so on) are not there because the game creates the whole map right after starting the game and saves it to the savegame- so the map will be the vanilla map and not the better enzy-map with new features and stations.

salleonis
x3tc

Post by salleonis » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 21:53

...a non-functional placeholder without effect...
I thought so, it is suspiciously cheap for that kind of gadget , and Argon Titan whom i tried to sneak broke all my hope that will work :)
Hm, I thought that the gateless jumpdrive is also like the cloaking device a non-working feature, or it works only in galaxy editor, what can you do with it- and how?
For me it work just like in vanilla game through menu or you can add control.
I don't know...maybe is to early in the game for the player to buy it especially that cheap? I was in three unfocussed sectors,same sounds like in vanilla,rocks ,energy ...did not encounter any Xenon or bugs.Normal unfocussed sectors when there is nothing in it. :)
I loaded old save just to see what will happen. :wink:
Mod like your deserve new start.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 19:58

Because of a question in german forum I updated earth and the destroyed Torus a little bit, without mapping. Now the earth rotates and you could see other continents, not only america...
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 22:02

Tomorrow, i will upload the final version of Ency with sectors reworked after the release of Rebith!
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 22:04

After YEARS of uploading, the mod is online. Have fun!
greetings, MJ Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”