X3 Albion Prelude check

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

X3 Albion Prelude check

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 07:07

Hi Guys,
I want to make sure that AP has installed correctly.
What version should my X3 TC be at to indicate that it is installed to AP and Shady Business?

Cheers,

Fitzy

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 07:22

Albion Prelude Launcher and Menu should indicate Version 3.0.

Then you can get up to some Shady Business.

Terran Conflict hasn't received an update beyond 3.2 other than supported languages.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 18:16

Since X3AP is installed via Steam, Steam should take care of patching the underlying X3TC files to the required versions. Run AP once with the Steam connection on, and when it works you can switch to the nosteam.exe or offline mode or whatever.

I don't really know, otherwise, sorry.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:03

I thought the download from egosoft was sufficient to install AP.
I did not update through steam. My TC is off the shelf.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:13

Fitzy Of Sydney wrote:I thought the download from egosoft was sufficient to install AP.
Have you actually bought X3AP yet or are you trying to play by just downloading the NoSteam EXE? If it's the latter then funnily enough it's not going to work. ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:37

I think what CBJ is saying there is that AP is not a patch to TC, it's a new game that you have to purchase (although it requires you to already own TC in order to do so).

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 04:39

Oh.... Ok. I thought it was an update to TC. Not a new game to be purchased.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 14:38

Egosoft has the habit of releasing "patches" that are full expansions, and "expansions" that are full games.

X3AP is a full separate game that you need to buy from Steam, that just requires some X3TC art files, so rather than release a whole separate CD with the files all over again, they just have you use the X3TC ones and have a Steam bundle price reduction.

The game is VERY cheaply priced on Steam. If you already have X3TC on a CD it's just $9. Otherwise the bundle is $19, I believe. Most games cost $60 these days, even games that have way less features or gameplay than X3AP.

Anyway, you need to buy the game from Steam to have it work. Even if you decide to use the nosteam.exe, you still need to buy from Steam and run it WITH Steam once to get it set up right. And you need to copy the X3TC files into the Steam Apps folder so X3AP can find the files it needs to run. Search the FAQ or the guides stickied at the top of the forum for how to get it all set up.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 14:56

I have off the shelf TC, and Superbox TC.

Does that make a diff?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 15:01

If you have the X Superbox then you can register it with Steam and you'll automatically get X3AP. Instructions are in the sticky thread on registration codes at the top of the forum.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 01:09

Thankyou both.
Have registered my SB on Steam, downloading AP now.

It is good that I could access the codes I have registered on my egosoft account. My SB is in storage and I was not looking forward to having to fish it out. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”