Custom Ships Not Showing Up

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

blakesharpe

Custom Ships Not Showing Up

Post by blakesharpe » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 01:14

Hello,

I'm new to the site but not to the game. I love spacesims and have since Colony Wars. I have been looking to see if I could find an answer but all has failed. I have X3TC, updated fully and the pm to go with it. My mods work but custom ships don't shpw up in-game. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3224790 is where I got the starwars ships from but I can't find gthem in the cheat menu. I have tried to update the .xsp and redownload them from bpg. First off, are the ships even ment for my game at all? The post says that they "should" work for TC. If at all someone please give me something pointed at what I can do to fix them or get them to work. Also, if someone has a link to working starwars ships them I will settle for that too.

Thanks

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Re: Custom Ships Not Showing Up

Post by Ameer Nuub » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 03:01

blakesharpe wrote:Hello,

I'm new to the site but not to the game. I love spacesims and have since Colony Wars. I have been looking to see if I could find an answer but all has failed. I have X3TC, updated fully and the pm to go with it. My mods work but custom ships don't shpw up in-game. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3224790 is where I got the starwars ships from but I can't find gthem in the cheat menu. I have tried to update the .xsp and redownload them from bpg. First off, are the ships even ment for my game at all? The post says that they "should" work for TC. If at all someone please give me something pointed at what I can do to fix them or get them to work. Also, if someone has a link to working starwars ships them I will settle for that too.

Thanks
Yes they should be fine, but it's not a guarantee. The following usually takes care of the problem:

A - With the PIM, uninstall all custom ships you are trying. Then run this updater program http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/Beta/SpkUpdater.exe Then re-install the xsp's.

B - When you install a custom xsp, make sure you install to both TC and AP (if you have AP).

There are indeed plenty of ships that still will have a problem of not showing up in the spawn list, even though they show as installed in the PIM list. Cycrow says he may look into this specific problem, so we can only hope he will and wait.

Some rare ships that are not on that list can be found here:

http://sdrv.ms/1cBpAmG

blakesharpe

Post by blakesharpe » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 06:32

That didn't fix it at all I guess we will have to wait. I do thank you for your help and can't wait until I can prowl in a tie fighter returning to a fleet of isd's.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 19:12

blakesharpe wrote:That didn't fix it at all I guess we will have to wait. I do thank you for your help and can't wait until I can prowl in a tie fighter returning to a fleet of isd's.
Sorry it didn't work; if that's the case I'd say it's a 90% chance it's system related. There are "missing ship" issues we are waiting for a fix for, but out of the tons of Star Wars ships on that list, you should be getting at least half to show up.

I would say to try it on a different system if you can, or try the ol' total uninstall / reinstall of everything, programs first all the way up to OS, if you are willing to go that far. I've done it. Depends on the person.

blakesharpe

Post by blakesharpe » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 19:48

Is it possible its my lack of AP? If so I guess I could fork out the money for it.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 20:17

blakesharpe wrote:Is it possible its my lack of AP? If so I guess I could fork out the money for it.
I wouldn't say It's impossible, but I would really strongly doubt it. You should be getting at least a few to show up, and since not, it really sounds like some kind of snag in one of the programs. Often times a reinstall doesn't work because the culprit sticks around in the registry even after uninstall, hence the need sometimes for a full system wipe, if you don't want to or can't delete the entries.

I will say though that one of my systems is also deciding it will display NONE of the xsp's I am installing, after having been fine for a while, but they are ones I'm making myself, and not from the big list you referenced which are all proven. I have uninstalled all TC and AP related programs and registry entries, but haven't had a chance to reload and see if it worked.

blakesharpe

Post by blakesharpe » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 20:28

Well I will try a full uninstall and will do a complete wipe of my OS if necessary. I figured it was my game. Also, would the game version matter? I had a heck of a time trying to update my game fully and something could of went wrong there.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 20:42

blakesharpe wrote:Well I will try a full uninstall and will do a complete wipe of my OS if necessary. I figured it was my game. Also, would the game version matter? I had a heck of a time trying to update my game fully and something could of went wrong there.
Yeah that's possible too. For that you might want to consider using Steam to install and it will take care of everything for you, including updating. Doesn't matter if you bought TC in the retail box like I did... just find the option in Steam to enter your CD key. It will pretty much take it from there.

blakesharpe

Post by blakesharpe » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 21:38

I personally still haven’t gotten use to the whole Steam concept. Its another idea though none the less. Anything is good as im still Imperialless lol

*Update*
I have fixed it. Reinstalled the game and bam, now they all work. Doing so though should only be attempted by someone who is an expert at the registry, as I went in and removed all of the entries by hand. Thanks for your help sir.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”